MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   W213 AMG (https://mbworld.org/forums/w213-amg-214/)
-   -   Finally! (https://mbworld.org/forums/w213-amg/724842-finally.html)

Slugsy 10-22-2018 03:53 PM

Finally!

It’s here!!

Picked it up this afternoon and got to do a limited drive with the wife and wee one!

So far it’s looking good! Though the dealer put the fear of god into me regarding run in period, threatening me if I went over 4,000 rpm or 85 mph that I would void the warranty!!:eek:

Driving was great, superb handling as I remember and real grunt. I don’t think the suspension is too bad, it’s the tyres on dodgy roads that is probably the issue with ride comfort but it’s not terrible, just occasionally the wife noticed it. I’m happy with it but ideally I would tweak the tyres, the suspension felt great.

Inside is gorgeous and the COMAND is better than I remembered as well, the ability to configure the screens is amazing and a big plus for me!

The biggest thing is the outside design, I simply love it and feel it’s miles and miles better than the M5 in that regard.

I’m buzzing and over the moon! I didn’t get to do many pics as light was fading but here are a couple, forgive the bins being in shot!:)

PS. Thank you to everyone who has given me advice/opinions, it’s been greatly appreciated.

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...1fca418a12.jpg

Pertplus 10-22-2018 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Slugsy (Post 7583377)
It’s here!!

Picked it up this afternoon and got to do a limited drive with the wife and wee one!

So far it’s looking good! Though the dealer put the fear of god into me regarding run in period, threatening me if I went over 4,000 rpm or 85 mph that I would void the warranty!!:eek:

Driving was great, superb handling as I remember and real grunt. I don’t think the suspension is too bad, it’s the tyres on dodgy roads that is probably the issue with ride comfort but it’s not terrible, just occasionally the wife noticed it. I’m happy with it but ideally I would tweak the tyres, the suspension felt great.

Inside is gorgeous and the COMAND is better than I remembered as well, the ability to configure the screens is amazing and a big plus for me!

The biggest thing is the outside design, I simply love it and feel it’s miles and miles better than the M5 in that regard.

I’m buzzing and over the moon! I didn’t get to do many pics as light was fading but here are a couple, forgive the bins being in shot!:)

Mazel Tov!!!! Pics didnt post!

Slugsy 10-22-2018 03:55 PM

Struggling on this iPhone which says it all! Will get on laptop in a few minutes!

Pertplus 10-22-2018 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by Slugsy (Post 7583383)
Struggling on this iPhone which says it all! Will get on laptop in a few minutes!

I always have issues uploading pics on this forum from my iPhone.

Vic55 10-22-2018 04:05 PM

Congrats... and yes finally LOL.

susman@eurogermantown.com 10-22-2018 04:05 PM

congrats!!!

X166 10-22-2018 04:25 PM

Congrats!!!

Slugsy 10-22-2018 04:25 PM

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...36092513fa.jpg

Slugsy 10-22-2018 04:26 PM

For the life of me, I can't get these pictures uploaded correctly!!:smash:

I'll get some proper ones done tomorrow!

Pertplus 10-22-2018 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by Slugsy (Post 7583414)
For the life of me, I can't get these pictures uploaded correctly!!:smash:

I'll get some proper ones done tomorrow!

That Matte Black sheet is pretty sick though.

amgcb 10-22-2018 04:38 PM

Though the dealer put the fear of god into me regarding run in period, threatening me if I went over 4,000 rpm or 85 mph that I would void the warranty!!:eek:

congrats, the matte looks great! I'm surprised they said that! Any indication of how many mi/km they give you as break in period?

Slugsy 10-22-2018 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by amgcb (Post 7583425)
congrats, the matte looks great! I'm surprised they said that! Any indication of how many mi/km they give you as break in period?

Yep, said 1,000 miles! I’m asking around as he said they could run a diagnostic on it to check whether I had been a ‘good boy’!!!

Not sure whether to believe him?

E634Me 10-22-2018 05:43 PM

The manual says 1000 miles or 1500 km. I went with the 1500 km as it is 67.9 miles shorter.

Can they see a log of all your driving for the first 1000 mi/1500 km? It's in the realm of possible for today's computing equipment and the multiple computers in the car. Do they really? Don't know, but to be on the safe side, I did follow the instructions. Which are more than just keeping it under 4500 RPM and 85 MPH, but also keeping it in Comfort mode too, and not pressing the gas pedal hard enough to activate the transmission kickdown.

All in all it's pretty hard to be 100% good and I'm sure very few people manage it - many, as reported here on the forum, don't even try. A few hundred miles of progressively increasing RPM and they're off . . .

We did the European Delivery and the tech who went through the car with us also reiterated the break-in process. He seemed quite knowledgeable about the AMG line, so figured we'd better listen. We had planned a fairly active touring schedule, so the 1500 km went by fairly quickly. Salzburg to Munich and back for dinner? Sounds like a plan, there's 300 km done :) Good mix of city and highway driving with lots of speed variation and not too much cruising along at a set RPM for a long time. The goal was to complete break-in before we had to turn the car in so that we could drive on the autobahn and put the spurs to it in the environment it was made to drive. We weren't disappointed.

If we'd had picked up the car locally, I'm sure the break-in period would have seemed to drag on forever ;-)

Having had the dreaded CEL issue, I'm glad now that we did follow the break-in process pretty much to the letter.

Vic55 10-22-2018 06:16 PM

I would find it very hard from a legal standpoint that MBUK violates your warranty for exceeding the break in dictation in the owners manual. If they were that worried they would just limit the car electronically up front.

Slugsy as I wrote you, Ive done the hard break in process on all my new cars (30+ in 10 years)... no issues on any of them and no issues with my early build E63S either (02/17)

bobblehead 10-22-2018 06:50 PM

You need to check the tire pressure to se what dealer has set them to and then start tweaking to your ride comfort preference

CALBenzo 10-22-2018 06:58 PM

She's a beauty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is that the first 2019 on the forum?

s26singh 10-22-2018 08:36 PM

Congrats! Enjoy in good health.

Please post some more exterior and interior shots

stratman 10-22-2018 11:13 PM

It’s here!!

PS. Thank you to everyone who has given me advice/opinions, it’s been greatly appreciated.

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...1fca418a12.jpg

That is a nice wagon! As I recall, my wagon kicked down quite a few times when going up hills, etc. and that was in C mode as instructed during the break in period (1k miles). I also took it up to 4500 rpm on several occasions as that is what the sticker says not to exceed and only for short periods of time. I currently have about 1530 miles and so far runs great with no oil usage.

E634Me 10-23-2018 12:12 AM

Downshifting is OK. What they mean is pressing the accelerator down to the point where you can feel the mechanical kick down be triggered. At that point, multiple downshifts would occur if you were below 4500 RPM, followed by OMG from passengers . . .

i think I did that once or twice merging into traffic on an on ramp, kind of by accident.

For the next few days the family called it the OMG instead of the AMG. Was the first taste of what was to come :)

Slugsy 10-23-2018 01:29 AM

Originally Posted by bobblehead (Post 7583569)
You need to check the tire pressure to se what dealer has set them to and then start tweaking to your ride comfort preference

Thanks, that’s tonight’s job!

Slugsy 10-23-2018 01:30 AM

Originally Posted by Vic55 (Post 7583523)
I would find it very hard from a legal standpoint that MBUK violates your warranty for exceeding the break in dictation in the owners manual. If they were that worried they would just limit the car electronically up front.

Slugsy as I wrote you, Ive done the hard break in process on all my new cars (30+ in 10 years)... no issues on any of them and no issues with my early build E63S either (02/17)

Agreed Vic, I’ve got a full on day at work then going to start the run in period as discussed!

Slugsy 10-23-2018 01:31 AM

Originally Posted by CALBenzo (Post 7583577)
She's a beauty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is that the first 2019 on the forum?

Cheers! I can’t wait to get some ‘alone time’! Had the missus and child in it yesterday so was on best behaviour but I just love the looks!

dav461 10-23-2018 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by Slugsy (Post 7583860)

Cheers! I can’t wait to get some ‘alone time’! Had the missus and child in it yesterday so was on best behaviour but I just love the looks!

congrats. amazing wagon
don’t worry about warranty , they can’t void it.

friskygeek 10-23-2018 07:41 AM

Congrats! Looks hot! More pictures please! :-)

GreenFox 10-23-2018 10:15 AM

Congratulations Slugsy! That color looks great! :) What other options did you choose?