MBWorld God!

Received 3,350 Likes on 2,806 Posts
2012 CLS63
Damn you get up early
Old 10-29-2018, 09:52 AM

Received 157 Likes on 104 Posts
2019 E63S wagon; 2016 Landrover Landmark
Originally Posted by Pertplus
...did a complete 180 degrees. I really liked not having a car payment these last 5+ months, and the thought of paying $2k a month for a car...
... it will be nice having a car I don’t really care what happens to it — dings, scratches, etc.
I put my order on hold for other reasons... I'm lame too. But like you say: I'm not parking the POS mini cooper in the far-away spots like I did the AMG... to hell with it since I paid cash for it.
I expect to take down the wagon at some point, but for now, my worries are bigger than a car payment.
Old 10-29-2018, 09:55 AM
Administrator

Received 505 Likes on 111 Posts
Drives Slowly
Don't be sad.........On a positive note, Vic told me he will now let you wash one of his cars.
The following users liked this post:
hyperion667 (10-29-2018)
Old 10-29-2018, 10:02 AM

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts
19 E63s
Originally Posted by susman@eurogermantown.com
The edge is cool, glad your happy... gti also.. I love all cars for the most part..

beaters are always fun.. I actually bought a focus rs we traded in a couple months ago (to go with my two Benz's)... beat up on it and dont care.. did 3 track days already... smokin fools lol (videos below, passing 911 turbo's S and Mclarens in the advance group track days..but just track days).. but I'll probably get rid of it next year..I dont keep so many cars longer than 2 years.. this probably wont last a full year.. dont love the overall ride or interior.. Ive owned 43 cars in my 39 years of life. I kinda want to replace with a gla45 if I can afford it, but then Id probably lose my e wagon also..

if I could have a E63 wagon Id be so happy.. thats my dream Benz.. and a GTR lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGatkLZxqZI&t=709s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97JN_SP2Eq8&t=260s
Check out gti r! Better ride quality than rs which is that's car main problem
Old 10-29-2018, 11:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E63 s Wagon, Porsche 911 GTS and F-250 Diesel
Any car that stresses due to parking or payment concerns is the wrong car, but I think you are going to lose interest in the Ford Edge ST real quick and wish you had waited another month for the E63S. Now the dog thing I understand having two labs that love to muck up the bed of my truck (no dogs in the E63S yet) with as much of the Chesapeake as they can drag in, and if I had to choose one vehicle it would be the Super Duty over the Merc for the dogs and because it's almost as fun to drive. Now if I lived in SD, I would get the Ford Raptor. Not much more money than a tricked out Edge, but a lot more truck, and nice and springy for your rough roads (rough roads in CA, really?). Obviously the Raptor offers dog utility in abundance plus kick butt performance, and you have dunes out there you can jump to get a closer look at God, not to mention road trips to Ariz. and Mexico. Oh my, yes. Take a look at the Raptor. A made for SoCal vehicle that I would love to own if it wasn't such a pose vehicle here in duneless MD and had a higher tow rating. But since you are probably sold on the Edge at this point, do please give us a review on how much you feel whatever about it.

Last edited by Yard Dog; 10-29-2018 at 12:58 PM.
Old 10-29-2018, 11:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 150 Likes on 128 Posts
2019 Dune Silver Metallic E-450 Mercedes Cabriolet NEW Mercedes 2020 GLC300 graphite gray SUV

Oh Trombone, why are you so angry?

Here's one for you Shyster:What's the difference between a cactus and lawyers?

On a cactus, the pri@ks are on the outside.

Last edited by rustybear3; 10-29-2018 at 11:35 AM.
Old 10-29-2018, 11:37 AM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
Originally Posted by rustybear3

Oh man, that's older than..........Vic's car collection.
I didn't even laugh a little bit...........................har har dee har
Old 10-29-2018, 11:54 AM
Administrator

Received 795 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by hyperion667

Now that was lame--- along with your bubble gum colored wheels

Yes I have sh..tty cars. Lets see what you got buddy.

Pert--- do your thing
Old 10-29-2018, 12:11 PM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
Oh man, Pert (Matt Murdock) loves 'em
Too bad they're green now.......might do a rainbow or hot pink next?
Thoughts?

Didn't mean you cars were lame though; they're pretty rad.
Vic55 (10-29-2018)
Old 10-29-2018, 12:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 554 Likes on 380 Posts
2018 E63S AMG
Originally Posted by rustybear3

Heard that before, but it was a different reference - what's the difference between Porsches and Porcupines . . .
Old 10-29-2018, 12:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 150 Likes on 128 Posts
2019 Dune Silver Metallic E-450 Mercedes Cabriolet NEW Mercedes 2020 GLC300 graphite gray SUV
Originally Posted by hyperion667
Well, it was meant for Shyster Lawyer Pert ....don't know about VIC, but hey, I've got a pretty old car collection myself.

Last edited by rustybear3; 10-29-2018 at 01:03 PM.
Old 10-29-2018, 01:39 PM

Received 56 Likes on 50 Posts
2015 Toyota Corolla LE
Naw nothing luxurious and did a complete 180 degrees. I really liked not having a car payment these last 5+ months, and the thought of paying $2k a month for a car (plus insurance plus all the wheel sets I know I would go through) just stopped sounding attractive to me (and considering I rarely keep cars the full term, it was discouraging seeing how hard it was to transfer these leases — unlike BMW which I have easily transferred 5 in the last 5 years or so) so I decided to go boring and get a Ford Edge Sport.

It wasn’t so much the time left I had to wait, because as Shahul noted, December was only a month away. But as time went on, I was like “why I am waiting this long for a car? Is it really that worth it when I’m going to be driving 2 miles round trip everyday from home to work?” I was sad to tell my dealer I wasn’t taking the car, but for the first time in nearly 15 years, it will be nice having a car I don’t really care what happens to it — dings, scratches, etc.

Takes some ***** to make such a bold decision - I salute you my friend. Enjoy not giving a f*** about the Ford Edge, in good health.
Old 10-29-2018, 01:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 E63S AMG
Originally Posted by Yard Dog
Any car that stresses due to parking or payment concerns is the wrong car, <snip>...</snip>
You could say that any car that can't drive the Pinyon Mt. Trail and Heart Attack Hill is the wrong car. Or any car that can't haul a load of rocks from the garden center is the wrong car. That would be silly. I can of course drive my Jeep over the aforementioned (funny video available if anyone's interested), but the Jeep isn't the right vehicle for any situation.

It's not just the cost of the E63S. I know plenty of people who worry about parking their cars even though they are a quarter of the price of the E63S.

I daily drive the E63S and for the most part don't worry when I park it. I just try to take more car where I park it than my other cars, and thankfully its nick free so far, though I know that won't last forever. I have the grey magno paint, so door dings aren't going to be a simple repair. But the stress related to this is not debilitating. Yes there are are situations and locations where I know I'm going to be parking in a place where, to me, the risk just isn't worth it. Since I have several other vehicles to choose from (Jeep, F-250, Van, nothing fancy), I just drive one of them instead.

Old 10-29-2018, 02:20 PM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
Originally Posted by E634Me
You could say that any car that can't drive the Pinyon Mt. Trail and Heart Attack Hill is the wrong car. Or any car that can't haul a load of rocks from the garden center is the wrong car. That would be silly. I can of course drive my Jeep over the aforementioned (funny video available if anyone's interested), but the Jeep isn't the right vehicle for any situation.

It's not just the cost of the E63S. I know plenty of people who worry about parking their cars even though they are a quarter of the price of the E63S.

I daily drive the E63S and for the most part don't worry when I park it. I just try to take more car where I park it than my other cars, and thankfully its nick free so far, though I know that won't last forever. I have the grey magno paint, so door dings aren't going to be a simple repair. But the stress related to this is not debilitating. Yes there are are situations and locations where I know I'm going to be parking in a place where, to me, the risk just isn't worth it. Since I have several other vehicles to choose from (Jeep, F-250, Van, nothing fancy), I just drive one of them instead.
Funny you mention hauling things from garden centers: one of my favorite things to do. Came home once with 3 bags of 3B, in my then S class, potting soil and my neighbor made one of those sarcastic fly by remarks and I just laughed..........my CLS trunk is pretty dirty too When I sold my S back to a dealer, it was filthy.......they didn't even blink lol.......non car people just don't get it.
Old 10-30-2018, 07:28 PM

I have no idea what your point is, but I read through your msg and now I know more about your vehicle inventory than I ever thought I would.

Old 10-30-2018, 08:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 E63S AMG
You had several comments in your post to which I was responding, apologies for not listing them point by point to make the response clear.

One of your points was that anyone who stresses about payment concerns is buying the wrong car. I don't recall responding to that, but I agree. Plenty of other vehicle options if affordability is an issue.
I don't agree, however with the other portion of your point which was that anyone who stresses about parking is buying the wrong car. WRT to stressing over parking, my point was that people stress over parking even the most inexpensive vehicle you can buy, not just a pricey car. Some people like to keep their cars ding free. Do you have a recommendation for which car people should buy if they do like door dings?

You went on to talk about other usability aspects of vehicles, presumably following onto your earlier point that if the ideal vehicle didn't incorporate them, the buyer is buying the wrong car.

My point, without saying so directly was that there is no perfect car. There are any number of aspects of a car which if they don't fit your needs its the wrong car. Same for motorcycles - I have a bag full of them for different purposes too because there's no perfect bike for every situation.

One can buy a nice coupe for date nights, a sedan for car pools or business lunches, etc, a truck for hauling, a Jeep for fun, whatever. The individual can then decide when to drive each vehicle and what degree of worry to assign each about dents, scratches, and so on. Their choice, right for them, not for you to say.
Old 10-30-2018, 10:01 PM

I said nothing about an ideal vehicle and I'm not telling you or anyone else what to do. The rest I have no interest in responding to.
Old 10-31-2018, 07:47 AM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
You had several comments in your post to which I was responding, apologies for not listing them point by point to make the response clear.

One of your points was that anyone who stresses about payment concerns is buying the wrong car. I don't recall responding to that, but I agree. Plenty of other vehicle options if affordability is an issue.
I don't agree, however with the other portion of your point which was that anyone who stresses about parking is buying the wrong car. WRT to stressing over parking, my point was that people stress over parking even the most inexpensive vehicle you can buy, not just a pricey car. Some people like to keep their cars ding free. Do you have a recommendation for which car people should buy if they do like door dings?

You went on to talk about other usability aspects of vehicles, presumably following onto your earlier point that if the ideal vehicle didn't incorporate them, the buyer is buying the wrong car.

My point, without saying so directly was that there is no perfect car. There are any number of aspects of a car which if they don't fit your needs its the wrong car. Same for motorcycles - I have a bag full of them for different purposes too because there's no perfect bike for every situation.

One can buy a nice coupe for date nights, a sedan for car pools or business lunches, etc, a truck for hauling, a Jeep for fun, whatever. The individual can then decide when to drive each vehicle and what degree of worry to assign each about dents, scratches, and so on. Their choice, right for them, not for you to say.
You're arguing with a yarddog.....yarddog doesn't care much for anyone.
Old 10-31-2018, 12:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 E63S AMG
Figured that out, has an opinion what makes a wrong car, then tells Pert he bought the wrong vehicle and will loose interest soon, should have bought a Raptor, etc. . . .

But says he's not telling anyone what to do . . .

Clearly, no further replies needed. Have had more logical dialog with preschoolers.
Old 10-31-2018, 12:22 PM

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
2013 GL550

Im excited for you to get your car brotha! And I’m sure it will be worth the wait. Hang in there!
Thanks man! You were the one who talked me off the ledge. Appreciate it!

Now if if it slips to January for some reason? have no choice but to move on.
Old 10-31-2018, 12:47 PM

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts
2012 Ferrari FF, 1992 911 C2, 2019 e63s wagon (no longer lives at the Baltimore VPC)
Needed a daily driver, didn’t want to wait until December for the Wagon to finally be released, so I went a different route. In case you’re interested in some brand new HRE Wheels for your Sedan or Wagon, here are the eBay links to the wheels I’m selling. Wheels are at HRE were taken by one of my friends who works there. I’m open to offers and will ship in the continental US for free. All the necessary specs are in the eBay listings. I will not ship internationally.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F283230144513

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F283230136693
Bummer! Demonstrates once again that this is an enormous f-up by MB. Definitely not the way to sell cars. Good luck.
Old 10-31-2018, 04:33 PM

Figured that out, has an opinion what makes a wrong car, then tells Pert he bought the wrong vehicle and will loose interest soon, should have bought a Raptor, etc. . . .

But says he's not telling anyone what to do . . .

Clearly, no further replies needed. Have had more logical dialog with preschoolers.
What I said is any car that causes stress to the buyer whether it is for the price or parking is probably the wrong car to buy. You read something else into what I said and went off into a wonderful description of how coupes, sedans and jeeps are used, plus your motorcycle collection which I am sure everyone found useful.

From the little I know about Pert and the Ford Edge, I think he will lose interest in the car, but I could be wrong. For someone interested in performance cars considering buying an SUV, I suggested the Raptor is worth looking at. I never said it was the ideal car or that it was the right car for Pert. I am not telling him or anyone else what to do.

I do hope that little bit gets through, but I know not to expect too much from you.

Last edited by Yard Dog; 11-01-2018 at 02:50 PM.
Old 10-31-2018, 10:16 PM

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts
19 E63s
you bought two sets of wheels??? Got any pics of the gold wheels on a E63?
Old 11-01-2018, 01:35 AM

Received 61 Likes on 44 Posts
2013 C63
Originally Posted by jkob5
It's in the link on the first post...
Old 11-01-2018, 08:29 AM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
Originally Posted by jkob5
Oh yeah, some guys roll like that, not Rock though.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Decided to get something else, so I’m selling my brand new HRE Wheels for E63S