MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   W213 AMG (https://mbworld.org/forums/w213-amg-214/)
-   -   W213 MEMORY SEAT SECRET FEATURE! (https://mbworld.org/forums/w213-amg/732688-w213-memory-seat-secret-feature.html)

wins_lord 01-12-2019 10:47 AM

W213 MEMORY SEAT SECRET FEATURE!

Just found this super useful feature on a MY19 E 63 S of mine, and I think this hasn’t been documented anywhere yet. Double-clicking one of the memory buttons actually makes it adjust the seat automatically.

Please note that I successfully attempted this consecutively in two different scenarios with the ignition off. One on the driver seat, one on the passenge seat. I have not tried it with the ignition on - but I’m guessing it should work. By two different scenarios, after finding this feature, I went somewhere else and then get back to the car again after it had completely shut off.

Tried this immediately after on my same-year S 450 and it didn’t work. So maybe this is exclusive to the E-Class. Yes, that’s a complete bummer because that executive rear seat function on the S-Class takes so long to initiate!

Do try this on your car and please let me know your result!

2012 merc amg 01-12-2019 03:52 PM

So your saying double clicking say like on memory seat button one so you don't have to hold the button down the whole time the seat is moving? On both my 2019 E450's I just touch the memory button for a second and let go and the seat keeps on going to the memory position. On my 2018 E63 AMG I use to have to hold down the button until the seat stopped at it's preset place. Seems like something was changed for 2019.

wins_lord 01-12-2019 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by 2012 merc amg (Post 7652589)
So your saying double clicking say like on memory seat button one so you don't have to hold the button down the whole time the seat is moving? On both my 2019 E450's I just touch the memory button for a second and let go and the seat keeps on going to the memory position. On my 2018 E63 AMG I use to have to hold down the button until the seat stopped at it's preset place. Seems like something was changed for 2019.

Seriously? You just have to briefly hold the button and it moves by itself? Now that’s another secret feature then.

whoover 01-25-2019 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by wins_lord (Post 7652737)

Seriously? You just have to briefly hold the button and it moves by itself? Now that’s another secret feature then.

Yep. My 2019 works that way: tap the button and the everything adjusts. They used to say that you had to hold the button because there was a risk that someone could get caught by the moving seat. Maybe they made it stop moving if it senses an obstruction. Either that or just got less anal.

wins_lord 01-25-2019 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by whoover (Post 7664398)
Yep. My 2019 works that way: tap the button and the everything adjusts. They used to say that you had to hold the button because there was a risk that someone could get caught by the moving seat. Maybe they made it stop moving if it senses an obstruction. Either that or just got less anal.

Right. I just noticed that myself as well. Turns out the double clicking works if the ignition is off. When the ignition is on, the seat does adjust automatically.

2012 merc amg 01-25-2019 11:32 PM

Ya that’s what I thought that in my 2018 I had to hold the button.