Sponsored by:

HUD not turning on

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2019, 06:16 PM

Received 61 Likes on 40 Posts
2018 GLE63S Coupe, 2018 E63s
HUD not turning on

Hey! Tried to get HUD to work this morning but no luck. Any suggestions? I attached a video below.

Old 03-20-2019, 06:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 667 Likes on 514 Posts
go fast grocery getter wagon
maybe a module has gone bad. Time to visit the dealer.
Old 03-20-2019, 06:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 555 Likes on 381 Posts
2018 E63S AMG
There's a button on the dash next to the vehicle raise / lower and the rear window shade that turns it off/on. Did that get pushed by mistake?
Old 03-21-2019, 12:21 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
2018 amg e63s
Originally Posted by E634Me
There's a button on the dash next to the vehicle raise / lower and the rear window shade that turns it off/on. Did that get pushed by mistake?
I was thinking the same thing. I went through it like that myself. Lol
Old 03-21-2019, 04:42 AM

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts
W213 AMG 2019 E63S Wagon
Yep, same here. The icon on that button, did not originally strike me as being related to HUD,.. Probably putting "HUD" would have made more sense? Regardless these are the things we only need to learn once. Like, once I accidentally pushed the volume scroller on the center console and that turned off the screen.. I did not realize I turned of the screen because I was trying to figure out how to answer the phone on one of my first drives. Then when I noticed the right hand screen was out it took me a good while to figure out what I had done. Because of an earlier post, I now know that I can mute the stereo by pushing the volume button on the steering wheel. I Know all this is probably in the manual, and I have read the manual trice but it is not until you use and experience a feature that you really remember it.. Thanks All!
Old 03-21-2019, 07:38 AM

Received 61 Likes on 40 Posts
2018 GLE63S Coupe, 2018 E63s
You sir, are a godsend!
thank u
Old 03-21-2019, 04:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 E63S AMG
Originally Posted by Pioneer222
. . . once I accidentally pushed the volume scroller on the center console and that turned off the screen . . .
Hah, exact same thing happened to me the first day of delivery. We picked up the car in Stuttgart and drove to Baden Baden for dinner and then on to Colmar France for the night. We arrived Baden Baden after dark and my wife had been operating the volume using the roller on the center console. I let my wife and kids out while when to look for parking. All of the sudden I noticed that the right hand display was off and nothing I could do would bring it back to life.

Turned off and restarted the car and the display would light up briefly then go dark again. It was dark inside the car and I spent a lot of time looking about and reading through the manual and finally found that the volume roller is also the on/off button for the right hand display. Apparently my wife turned off the display as she was turning down the volume as we rolled up to the curb to let them out.

Pretty frustrating for a while. I thought for a bit that something had broken on the car.
Old 03-21-2019, 09:20 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
2018 amg e63s
Hah, exact same thing happened to me the first day of delivery. We picked up the car in Stuttgart and drove to Baden Baden for dinner and then on to Colmar France for the night. We arrived Baden Baden after dark and my wife had been operating the volume using the roller on the center console. I let my wife and kids out while when to look for parking. All of the sudden I noticed that the right hand display was off and nothing I could do would bring it back to life.

Turned off and restarted the car and the display would light up briefly then go dark again. It was dark inside the car and I spent a lot of time looking about and reading through the manual and finally found that the volume roller is also the on/off button for the right hand display. Apparently my wife turned off the display as she was turning down the volume as we rolled up to the curb to let them out.

Pretty frustrating for a while. I thought for a bit that something had broken on the car.
Lol. Did the same here with the volume button and thought the car was defective. Came to realize that it wasnt the car being defective but myself. Haha
Old 03-23-2021, 07:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2018 e400 4matic
reactivating HUD

Originally Posted by Pioneer222
Yep, same here. The icon on that button, did not originally strike me as being related to HUD,.. Probably putting "HUD" would have made more sense? Regardless these are the things we only need to learn once. Like, once I accidentally pushed the volume scroller on the center console and that turned off the screen.. I did not realize I turned of the screen because I was trying to figure out how to answer the phone on one of my first drives. Then when I noticed the right hand screen was out it took me a good while to figure out what I had done. Because of an earlier post, I now know that I can mute the stereo by pushing the volume button on the steering wheel. I Know all this is probably in the manual, and I have read the manual trice but it is not until you use and experience a feature that you really remember it.. Thanks All!

Would you post a picture of the button? I am having the exact same issue and cannot figure how to reactivate the HUD thanks
Old 03-23-2021, 02:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 E63S AMG
It is the circled button.

The following users liked this post:
EPetersmarck (03-23-2021)
Old 03-23-2021, 03:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2018 e400 4matic
Perfect thank you