MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   W213 AMG (https://mbworld.org/forums/w213-amg-214/)
-   -   E53: End of 2019 orders (https://mbworld.org/forums/w213-amg/739864-e53-end-2019-orders.html)

BlessedGrateful 03-26-2019 08:25 PM

E53: End of 2019 orders

Put down a deposit for E53 order about a month ago. Just was told that MB has stopped taking orders for 2019s and will be switching to MY 2020 in a couple of months... so bummed that wait is going to be longer but excited that I should get an early 2020 ! Wonder what any new options will be....

b0rderman 03-27-2019 08:43 AM

I hope the month(s) long certification delays at port are a stand alone option for MY2020.

19E63s 03-27-2019 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by BlessedGrateful (Post 7716127)
Put down a deposit for E53 order about a month ago. Just was told that MB has stopped taking orders for 2019s and will be switching to MY 2020 in a couple of months... so bummed that wait is going to be longer but excited that I should get an early 2020 ! Wonder what any new options will be....

You couldn't find an E53 in the whole country spec'd how you wanted? Lol.

Carac 03-27-2019 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by b0rderman (Post 7716484)
I hope the month(s) long certification delays at port are a stand alone option for MY2020.

Nah, they'll hold them until Nov/Dec again, otherwise they'd only have 6 months of sales of '19s. Original delays in certifying the engine years ago have tied their hands.

And that makes sense about orders, it was about this time last year that the last 2018 builds were locked in.

Michael Khan 03-27-2019 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by Carac (Post 7716512)
Nah, they'll hold them until Nov/Dec again, otherwise they'd only have 6 months of sales of '19s. Original delays in certifying the engine years ago have tied their hands.

And that makes sense about orders, it was about this time last year that the last 2018 builds were locked in.

I agree, I think Mercedes will end up holding the cars till the end of the year again.

BlessedGrateful 03-27-2019 06:02 PM

Well, you guys are popping my balloons pretty quickly ! Too late to worry about it and sounds like I might be waiting on the MB Marketing gods. Got close to the specs I wanted a couple of times but figured might as well get 100% since I wasn’t in a hurry... maybe more choices a few months ago. Anyway first time ordering so just didn’t expect the model year to flip so early. Now I Really want this car !!

b0rderman 03-27-2019 10:04 PM

Yea, damn, I started it. Congrats on the incoming order! I am in the same boat as you, no immediate rush and I’m having a hard time finding a wagon with CCBs laying around in the right colors...with factory shaved badges. How I got hooked on CCBs and factory debadged I couldn’t tell you, but I can’t shake it.

Exciting stuff, excuse my previous snark...whenever the car DOES make its way to your garage it will be satisfying to know it’s the one you dreamt up.

BlessedGrateful 03-27-2019 10:18 PM

No worries ! Brothers (up) in arms. The chase is half the fun... at least that’s going to be my story ! :y

Mxjet1 03-28-2019 10:18 AM

My 19 E53 has just gone into production on 3/25. My dealer has told me it should arrive the first or second week of May. I put a deposit down and built the car they way I wanted it back in January. This was the last E53 that my dealer had available for modification.

Just curious what is the normal build time for this car and how long after should I expect it too arrive in the US? Is there a way I can track the build of the car on my own without contacting the dealership? I assume now that the car has gone into production there should b e a VIN number available to me.

Thank everyone for the information and looking forward to posting some pictures once I get the car.

Carac 03-28-2019 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by Mxjet1 (Post 7717501)
My 19 E53 has just gone into production on 3/25. My dealer has told me it should arrive the first or second week of May. I put a deposit down and built the car they way I wanted it back in January. This was the last E53 that my dealer had available for modification.

Just curious what is the normal build time for this car and how long after should I expect it too arrive in the US? Is there a way I can track the build of the car on my own without contacting the dealership? I assume now that the car has gone into production there should b e a VIN number available to me.

Thank everyone for the information and looking forward to posting some pictures once I get the car.

Depends on options and your dealer's location. I had a My E63 was built on April 9th, 2018 (was scheduled for Jan 10th build, didn't get a VIN until Valentines day, and then didn't get built for another two months), sent to the port, and loaded on a ship within 10 days, then it was 10 days to the port of Baltimore. Then it took a day or so for VPC processing and then 6 days to transport it 3 hours down the interstate?!? Anyway, it was at the dealer ready for pickup on May 6th last year. That probably the fastest you could get one, unless your dealer WAS in Baltimore. Dealerships that get their cars from west coast VPCs take around an additional month to go down through Panama canal.

Michael Khan 03-28-2019 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Mxjet1 (Post 7717501)

For my E63, I placed an order in July for a December build date. My build date was actually the 2nd decade of December but it got built before that, and it was sent to port on December 10th. It takes about 2 days at port to get assigned a ship, December 12 it got loaded to a ship and ship did not leave the dock till December 13th and from there it went to the UK and that is another 2 days.Ship got to Baltimore on the 27th, and my dealer got the car on January 2nd.

If your build slot was 3/25, your car should be built by the end of this week and be ready to be ship to port soon. Your car should be here before the end of April, and yes and no on the tracking part. The dealer or you can go to Shahul Usman (who helped me, best guy ever) and just find out what ship it got assigned to, and you can just track the ship. Once the ship gets to port just get in touch with your dealer on tracking it after that or someone else you trust that works at a Mercedes dealer.

You should have a vin number by now, you can request it from the dealer.

Mxjet1 03-28-2019 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by Michael Khan (Post 7717573)
For my E63, I placed an order in July for a December build date. My build date was actually the 2nd decade of December but it got built before that, and it was sent to port on December 10th. It takes about 2 days at port to get assigned a ship, December 12 it got loaded to a ship and ship did not leave the dock till December 13th and from there it went to the UK and that is another 2 days.Ship got to Baltimore on the 27th, and my dealer got the car on January 2nd.

If your build slot was 3/25, your car should be built by the end of this week and be ready to be ship to port soon. Your car should be here before the end of April, and yes and no on the tracking part. The dealer or you can go to Shahul Usman (who helped me, best guy ever) and just find out what ship it got assigned to, and you can just track the ship. Once the ship gets to port just get in touch with your dealer on tracking it after that or someone else you trust that works at a Mercedes dealer.

You should have a vin number by now, you can request it from the dealer.

Thank guys that is a lot of good information. I will give them a day or two more and will get my Vin number.

whoover 03-28-2019 01:50 PM

My car was built first week of December, cleared customs in Long Beach on January 4 and was ready for pickup at my dealer on January 22.

treelambert 04-04-2019 12:37 PM

a bit confused here - does MY2020 mean facelifted version? I spoke to my dealer today and he said he could put one in production for August. Would rather wait on a new version if it's coming next year

Carac 04-04-2019 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by treelambert (Post 7723571)
a bit confused here - does MY2020 mean facelifted version? I spoke to my dealer today and he said he could put one in production for August. Would rather wait on a new version if it's coming next year

2020 Model Year, which starts production in a month or two, not-facelifted. Facelift will be a 2021 model year and won't start production until May/June 2020, a little over a year from now. If you want a facelift E63, don't order until this time next year.

treelambert 04-05-2019 02:18 AM

Originally Posted by Carac (Post 7723585)
2020 Model Year, which starts production in a month or two, not-facelifted. Facelift will be a 2021 model year and won't start production until May/June 2020, a little over a year from now. If you want a facelift E63, don't order until this time next year.

thanks. My dealer just told me the facelifted model will be first produced 09.2020

i will probably wait one more year

Dino333 05-16-2019 01:13 AM

MY 2020 E53 option would be fantastic if they had that MB version of Nardo gray- its so hot right now but I think would look fantastic on an E53 Coupe...

matt2100 08-10-2019 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by Michael Khan (Post 7716528)
I agree, I think Mercedes will end up holding the cars till the end of the year again.

Hi there. Ordered 2020 E53 cabrio in June. It was built in July and according to the dealer has been at the Port of Baltimore for the last 2 weeks. Dealer said he expects Mercedes to release MY2020 this month so fingers crossed. 🙂

sagres1 08-10-2019 05:35 PM

Hi, I am very disappointed. I have been waiting to know if the if the 2020 E53 would have the MBUX instead of the outdated Command Info system.
Has everybody knows, the MBUX is already installed on several 2019 MB classes, including class A, B, GL, and GT if my memory is correct.
Although the classes C and E are the money cows of MB in the USA, and the majority of MB cars sold in USA, the E class of 2020 including the AMG will not have the MBUX system according with my dealer.
It seems the E class cars of 2020 (and 2019 for the matter) are already outdated as comparing with the other classes, as far as the Info System.
Too bad. I will postpone my E53 Sedan purchase for 2021. It is difficult to pay a lot of money for an outdated car even before one buys it.
Regrettable.

Carac 08-12-2019 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by sagres1 (Post 7825195)
Hi, I am very disappointed. I have been waiting to know if the if the 2020 E53 would have the MBUX instead of the outdated Command Info system.
Has everybody knows, the MBUX is already installed on several 2019 MB classes, including class A, B, GL, and GT if my memory is correct.
Although the classes C and E are the money cows of MB in the USA, and the majority of MB cars sold in USA, the E class of 2020 including the AMG will not have the MBUX system according with my dealer.
It seems the E class cars of 2020 (and 2019 for the matter) are already outdated as comparing with the other classes, as far as the Info System.
Too bad. I will postpone my E53 Sedan purchase for 2021. It is difficult to pay a lot of money for an outdated car even before one buys it.
Regrettable.

...I'm pretty sure the only two cars with MBUX on sale in the US at the moment are the A-Class, (CLA Soon), and the GLE. More of an exception than rule here in any case. Makes sense to test out the most drastic shift in their tech on the car most likely to be bought by customers used to year to year changes in smart phones rather than their older customers.

matt2100 08-20-2019 01:20 AM

Got my MY2020 e53 convertible last Wednesday. Was shocked when dealer called to say it arrived. I confirm it looks exactly or almost exactly (as far as I can tell) the same as MY2019 model. Comand and not MBUX. I love the car though.

dkandyk 08-29-2019 11:23 AM

hi all,
I picked up mine yesterday. Are there any performance parts/tunes for it?
All I was able to find was www.racechip.us
Has anyone installed anything yet?

DirtyVegasMB 08-30-2019 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by dkandyk (Post 7841163)
hi all,
I picked up mine yesterday. Are there any performance parts/tunes for it?
All I was able to find was www.racechip.us
Has anyone installed anything yet?

I used RaceChip in my Audi A8 4.0T. It was great for about two weeks, then it started to consistently put my engine in limpmode with an engine light coming on. I had to fight for my refund, becase RaceChip insisted that an engine checklight is a normal side-affect from using RaceChip. This was about 3 years ago, not sure if anything has changed with their products / service since then, but use at your own risk.

dkandyk 08-30-2019 09:56 PM

Thanks, I am not considering them for now but looking for alternatives.