MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   W213 AMG (https://mbworld.org/forums/w213-amg-214/)
-   -   RIP my E63S (https://mbworld.org/forums/w213-amg/741811-rip-my-e63s.html)

cjmk1982 04-14-2019 10:47 PM

RIP my E63S

So I let my friend drive my car and he completely totals it. My heart is broken. I thank God that he didnt get injured but damn....my car.

texasmade 04-14-2019 11:23 PM

Damn that's tough to hear.

I've only let one friend drive my C63S and that was because I was drinking and didn't plan ahead to Uber/Lyft. Only other person to drive my car is my brother who has a Porsche 911 Turbo S so he's used to driving expensive cars powerful cars.

PeterUbers 04-14-2019 11:36 PM

Pics

cjmk1982 04-14-2019 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by texasmade (Post 7732232)
Damn that's tough to hear.

I've only let one friend drive my C63S and that was because I was drinking and didn't plan ahead to Uber/Lyft. Only other person to drive my car is my brother who has a Porsche 911 Turbo S so he's used to driving expensive cars powerful cars.

Yeah I let my friend drive it because I had been drinking and didnt want to leave my car in an area I didnt trust. Thought he'd be able to handle her. Just bad luck. Said a deer came out and he swerved to avoid but then ran into a tree.... I'll be posting pics soon....but damn am I sad. Been searching through the internet to purchase a used one with same specs but so far unsuccessful. Arghhhhhhh

cjmk1982 04-14-2019 11:50 PM

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...194fa77a7d.jpg
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...5fd632240a.jpg
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...192f8583ea.jpg
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...c6fedc43c7.jpg

cjmk1982 04-14-2019 11:54 PM

My buddy couldn't really back out and take the pictures but you can tell it was bad. The car seems to be built pretty well for him to have walked away from this. The last pic is the front right tire and suspension leaning against the back door.

CPD SLK 04-15-2019 12:21 AM

Sorry to hear that man that must be a horrible feeling...ur friend is an idiot

chasesunny 04-15-2019 12:44 AM

I understand it hurts you really bad.... coz you were not in control.... but honestly, looking at those pics, very glad that everyone walked away safe. At the end of the day, all that was impacted is metal.
I sincerely hope that in very soon you will again be very comfortable in your dream drive and forget about this.

PeterUbers 04-15-2019 01:03 AM

What did he do to total it?

glad it's totaled rather than getting a repaired car

cjmk1982 04-15-2019 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by PeterUbers (Post 7732273)
What did he do to total it?

glad it's totaled rather than getting a repaired car

Well I'm guessing its totaled. My insurance couldn't come out to see the car because of the weekend and will be seeing it today. I dont see how the car can be repaired imo.

bobblehead 04-15-2019 08:08 AM

sure is totaled. Your insurance will cover the loss ?

cjmk1982 04-15-2019 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by bobblehead (Post 7732374)
sure is totaled. Your insurance will cover the loss ?

Man I hope so. I had enough coverage on it so I'm assuming so but dang it, my car. I cant even find the same car used and I dont feel like waiting forever to order a new one.... I am so freaking mad.... dang it. Ard bcci djsggdkd ng dgsjfbbsjwbfjxjej@$$#>#:÷;-*÷.

amgcb 04-15-2019 08:50 AM

damn that thing is mangled! glad everyone is ok

E634Me 04-15-2019 09:49 AM

Deer were a commonly claimed cause of many a sport bike crash back when I was actively riding the So Cal mountain roads. Actual number of deer involved in crashes that I know of - 1.

In any case, glad your friend is OK.

tonecas 04-15-2019 09:54 AM

Damn that is sad 😔
That's why I don't like to share my car with others. Even when there is no fault it's an uncomfortable situation

TugboatBill 04-15-2019 11:11 AM

I let a friend drive my car in college when I was drunk and couldn't drive. He blew the tranny. No insurance and no funds to fix it. Of course he said he would pay to fix it - as soon as he had some money to pay. Still waiting for that check. :rolleyes:

Now if I'm driving somewhere I know I won't be drinking as I'll be the one driving back.

jkob5 04-15-2019 11:15 AM

Sorry about your bad luck. Your friend is probably lying to you, though I'm surprised someone managed to crash this car. The awd makes it nearly impossible to lose control unless you really have no clue. Regardless, it's just metal 👍🏻

diamondblak05 04-15-2019 12:14 PM

Glad your friend walked away unharmed but that impact doesn't look like a slow speed at all. Either friend is lying and that he was driving the heck out of your car and lost control and crash or he was just an inexperience driver for such a powerful car and lost control. If no dead deer body is found, he can't prove his point; thus, highly likely that this will be considered an 'at fault' collision with a non-registered driver by your insurance. Be prepared for a big spike to your insurance premium. Best of luck.

E634Me 04-15-2019 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by jkob5 (Post 7732513)
Sorry about your bad luck. Your friend is probably lying to you, though I'm surprised someone managed to crash this car. The awd makes it nearly impossible to lose control unless you really have no clue. Regardless, it's just metal 👍🏻

Even in sport handling mode it still reins the car back in before it gets too far off kilter. Haven't gotten too frisky with TC fully off, but it's probably hard to get this car really out of shape in half way normal driving in AWD mode. Now, drift mode is a different story and that could be the missing deer . . .

24Hours 04-15-2019 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by cjmk1982 (Post 7732396)
Man I hope so. I had enough coverage on it so I'm assuming so but dang it, my car. I cant even find the same car used and I dont feel like waiting forever to order a new one.... I am so freaking mad.... dang it. Ard bcci djsggdkd ng dgsjfbbsjwbfjxjej@$$#>#:÷;-*÷.

I feel terrible for you. This sucks and could put you and your friend at odds very quickly. If the black box these cars have gets the data downloaded and it shows that your friend was driving at excessive speeds just prior to impact, then there could be issues with coverage. While it is good nobody was hurt, I hope you won't be hurt financially.

Good luck.

cjmk1982 04-15-2019 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by 24Hours (Post 7733021)
I feel terrible for you. This sucks and could put you and your friend at odds very quickly. If the black box these cars have gets the data downloaded and it shows that your friend was driving at excessive speeds just prior to impact, then there could be issues with coverage. While it is good nobody was hurt, I hope you won't be hurt financially.

Good luck.

I hope not. Thanks for giving me a mini anxiety attack there for a second. Haha. I believe everything will come out accordingly and I did nothing wrong in this so I'm not worried. Someone's going to cover this either way because I'm not paying all that money for car insurance for my health. If it comes out that my friend did something wreckless prior to the crash then my insurance should fight for me and not have me waiting. They are there to make me whole and to protect me from financial loss as long as the loss wasn't in the act of me doing a crime. But still, I'll never be whole again until I get one just like her. Such a shame. She was so beautiful....

cjmk1982 04-15-2019 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by diamondblak05 (Post 7732562)
Glad your friend walked away unharmed but that impact doesn't look like a slow speed at all. Either friend is lying and that he was driving the heck out of your car and lost control and crash or he was just an inexperience driver for such a powerful car and lost control. If no dead deer body is found, he can't prove his point; thus, highly likely that this will be considered an 'at fault' collision with a non-registered driver by your insurance. Be prepared for a big spike to your insurance premium. Best of luck.

Yeah did not realize that until this incident. Thought that the coverage of the driver would have to cover it but found out from this incident the hard way. From now on, no one is touching my car. That is if I'm lucky enough to find another one or if by chance I find the patience to order one just like her..... dang it...hsj hbk sbhxbs bbn

cjmk1982 04-15-2019 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by CPD SLK (Post 7732262)
Sorry to hear that man that must be a horrible feeling...ur friend is an idiot

Thanks and yeah he is. I'm just glad he didnt become a dead idiot friend.

GreenFox 04-15-2019 11:26 PM

Wow that is crazy. Really sorry you lost your car and like everyone else also happy that nobody was hurt. Hopefully you won't have to pay anything out of pocket to get a replacement. I had to add an extra replacement rider on my policy which guarantees that I'd get a brand new car as a replacement in case of a total as long as it happens in the first year that I have the vehicle. Didn't want to take the risk of the car getting total'ed and then insurance saying "well because of the depreciation we can't pay you back what you paid for it...".

cjmk1982 04-15-2019 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by GreenFox (Post 7733126)
Wow that is crazy. Really sorry you lost your car and like everyone else also happy that nobody was hurt. Hopefully you won't have to pay anything out of pocket to get a replacement. I had to add an extra replacement rider on my policy which guarantees that I'd get a brand new car as a replacement in case of a total as long as it happens in the first year that I have the vehicle. Didn't want to take the risk of the car getting total'ed and then insurance saying "well because of the depreciation we can't pay you back what you paid for it...".

Thanks and I hope I dont have to pay anything out of pocket either. I think since I bought her used less than 3 months ago, the depreciation wouldn't be bad or non at all since I bought her already at the depreciated value or imo, a better value than most others out there with same specs. Minus the $1000 deductible, that my friend is willing to pay me, I dont think I'll lose much at all. That's what I'm hoping at least....
On bright side, it seems there are some used 2019 e63s that are starting to roll in so maybe I can get a 2019 as a replacement instead...