Notices
W213 AMG Discuss the W213 AMG - 2017/2018
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RIP my E63S

 
Old 04-14-2019, 10:47 PM
  #1  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 87
Likes: 0
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
2018 amg e63s
RIP my E63S

So I let my friend drive my car and he completely totals it. My heart is broken. I thank God that he didnt get injured but damn....my car.
cjmk1982 is offline  
Old 04-14-2019, 11:23 PM
  #2  
Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Houston
Posts: 125
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
2016 C63S AMG
Damn that's tough to hear.

I've only let one friend drive my C63S and that was because I was drinking and didn't plan ahead to Uber/Lyft. Only other person to drive my car is my brother who has a Porsche 911 Turbo S so he's used to driving expensive cars powerful cars.
texasmade is offline  
Old 04-14-2019, 11:36 PM
  #3  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
PeterUbers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 8,536
Likes: 0
Liked 450 Times in 389 Posts
2014 E63S, 2014 Acura MDX, 2008 Infiniti G35x
Pics
PeterUbers is offline  
Old 04-14-2019, 11:41 PM
  #4  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 87
Likes: 0
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
2018 amg e63s
Originally Posted by texasmade View Post
Damn that's tough to hear.

I've only let one friend drive my C63S and that was because I was drinking and didn't plan ahead to Uber/Lyft. Only other person to drive my car is my brother who has a Porsche 911 Turbo S so he's used to driving expensive cars powerful cars.
Yeah I let my friend drive it because I had been drinking and didnt want to leave my car in an area I didnt trust. Thought he'd be able to handle her. Just bad luck. Said a deer came out and he swerved to avoid but then ran into a tree.... I'll be posting pics soon....but damn am I sad. Been searching through the internet to purchase a used one with same specs but so far unsuccessful. Arghhhhhhh
cjmk1982 is offline  
Old 04-14-2019, 11:50 PM
  #5  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 87
Likes: 0
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
2018 amg e63s



cjmk1982 is offline  
Old 04-14-2019, 11:54 PM
  #6  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 87
Likes: 0
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
2018 amg e63s
My buddy couldn't really back out and take the pictures but you can tell it was bad. The car seems to be built pretty well for him to have walked away from this. The last pic is the front right tire and suspension leaning against the back door.
cjmk1982 is offline  
Old 04-15-2019, 12:21 AM
  #7  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
CPD SLK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 1,218
Liked 15 Times in 13 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
Sorry to hear that man that must be a horrible feeling...ur friend is an idiot
CPD SLK is offline  
Old 04-15-2019, 12:44 AM
  #8  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: DFW
Posts: 27
Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
E53 AMG
I understand it hurts you really bad.... coz you were not in control.... but honestly, looking at those pics, very glad that everyone walked away safe. At the end of the day, all that was impacted is metal.
I sincerely hope that in very soon you will again be very comfortable in your dream drive and forget about this.
chasesunny is offline  
Old 04-15-2019, 01:03 AM
  #9  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
PeterUbers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 8,536
Likes: 0
Liked 450 Times in 389 Posts
2014 E63S, 2014 Acura MDX, 2008 Infiniti G35x
What did he do to total it?

glad it's totaled rather than getting a repaired car
PeterUbers is offline  
Old 04-15-2019, 06:44 AM
  #10  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 87
Likes: 0
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
2018 amg e63s
Originally Posted by PeterUbers View Post
What did he do to total it?

glad it's totaled rather than getting a repaired car
Well I'm guessing its totaled. My insurance couldn't come out to see the car because of the weekend and will be seeing it today. I dont see how the car can be repaired imo.
cjmk1982 is offline  
Old 04-15-2019, 08:08 AM
  #11  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Toronto, Ont, Canda
Posts: 897
Liked 153 Times in 126 Posts
go fast grocery getter wagon
sure is totaled. Your insurance will cover the loss ?
bobblehead is offline  
Old 04-15-2019, 08:39 AM
  #12  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 87
Likes: 0
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
2018 amg e63s
Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
sure is totaled. Your insurance will cover the loss ?
Man I hope so. I had enough coverage on it so I'm assuming so but dang it, my car. I cant even find the same car used and I dont feel like waiting forever to order a new one.... I am so freaking mad.... dang it. Ard bcci djsggdkd ng [email protected]$$#>#:;-*.
cjmk1982 is offline  
Old 04-15-2019, 08:50 AM
  #13  
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: CT/FL
Posts: 100
Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
19 RR SVR, 19 E63S
damn that thing is mangled! glad everyone is ok
amgcb is offline  
Old 04-15-2019, 09:49 AM
  #14  
Super Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Southern California
Posts: 908
Liked 196 Times in 146 Posts
2018 E63S AMG
Deer were a commonly claimed cause of many a sport bike crash back when I was actively riding the So Cal mountain roads. Actual number of deer involved in crashes that I know of - 1.

In any case, glad your friend is OK.
E634Me is offline  
Old 04-15-2019, 09:54 AM
  #15  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 444
Liked 22 Times in 19 Posts
skoda octavia MkII 2.0
Damn that is sad 😔
That's why I don't like to share my car with others. Even when there is no fault it's an uncomfortable situation
tonecas is offline  
Old 04-15-2019, 11:11 AM
  #16  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: USA
Posts: 68
Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
E450 Wagon on order
I let a friend drive my car in college when I was drunk and couldn't drive. He blew the tranny. No insurance and no funds to fix it. Of course he said he would pay to fix it - as soon as he had some money to pay. Still waiting for that check.

Now if I'm driving somewhere I know I won't be drinking as I'll be the one driving back.
TugboatBill is offline  
Old 04-15-2019, 11:15 AM
  #17  
Super Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Houston
Posts: 642
Liked 69 Times in 62 Posts
19 E63s
Sorry about your bad luck. Your friend is probably lying to you, though I'm surprised someone managed to crash this car. The awd makes it nearly impossible to lose control unless you really have no clue. Regardless, it's just metal 👍🏻
jkob5 is offline  
Old 04-15-2019, 12:14 PM
  #18  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 474
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Too many to list
Glad your friend walked away unharmed but that impact doesn't look like a slow speed at all. Either friend is lying and that he was driving the heck out of your car and lost control and crash or he was just an inexperience driver for such a powerful car and lost control. If no dead deer body is found, he can't prove his point; thus, highly likely that this will be considered an 'at fault' collision with a non-registered driver by your insurance. Be prepared for a big spike to your insurance premium. Best of luck.
diamondblak05 is offline  
Old 04-15-2019, 12:34 PM
  #19  
Super Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Southern California
Posts: 908
Liked 196 Times in 146 Posts
2018 E63S AMG
Originally Posted by jkob5 View Post
Sorry about your bad luck. Your friend is probably lying to you, though I'm surprised someone managed to crash this car. The awd makes it nearly impossible to lose control unless you really have no clue. Regardless, it's just metal 👍🏻
Even in sport handling mode it still reins the car back in before it gets too far off kilter. Haven't gotten too frisky with TC fully off, but it's probably hard to get this car really out of shape in half way normal driving in AWD mode. Now, drift mode is a different story and that could be the missing deer . . .
E634Me is offline  
Old 04-15-2019, 08:42 PM
  #20  
Senior Member
 
24Hours's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NYC area
Posts: 352
Liked 46 Times in 38 Posts
2019 E63S wagon; 2016 Landrover Landmark
Originally Posted by cjmk1982 View Post
Man I hope so. I had enough coverage on it so I'm assuming so but dang it, my car. I cant even find the same car used and I dont feel like waiting forever to order a new one.... I am so freaking mad.... dang it. Ard bcci djsggdkd ng [email protected]$$#>#:;-*.
I feel terrible for you. This sucks and could put you and your friend at odds very quickly. If the black box these cars have gets the data downloaded and it shows that your friend was driving at excessive speeds just prior to impact, then there could be issues with coverage. While it is good nobody was hurt, I hope you won't be hurt financially.

Good luck.
24Hours is offline  
Old 04-15-2019, 10:31 PM
  #21  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 87
Likes: 0
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
2018 amg e63s
Originally Posted by 24Hours View Post
I feel terrible for you. This sucks and could put you and your friend at odds very quickly. If the black box these cars have gets the data downloaded and it shows that your friend was driving at excessive speeds just prior to impact, then there could be issues with coverage. While it is good nobody was hurt, I hope you won't be hurt financially.

Good luck.
I hope not. Thanks for giving me a mini anxiety attack there for a second. Haha. I believe everything will come out accordingly and I did nothing wrong in this so I'm not worried. Someone's going to cover this either way because I'm not paying all that money for car insurance for my health. If it comes out that my friend did something wreckless prior to the crash then my insurance should fight for me and not have me waiting. They are there to make me whole and to protect me from financial loss as long as the loss wasn't in the act of me doing a crime. But still, I'll never be whole again until I get one just like her. Such a shame. She was so beautiful....
cjmk1982 is offline  
Old 04-15-2019, 10:45 PM
  #22  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 87
Likes: 0
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
2018 amg e63s
Originally Posted by diamondblak05 View Post
Glad your friend walked away unharmed but that impact doesn't look like a slow speed at all. Either friend is lying and that he was driving the heck out of your car and lost control and crash or he was just an inexperience driver for such a powerful car and lost control. If no dead deer body is found, he can't prove his point; thus, highly likely that this will be considered an 'at fault' collision with a non-registered driver by your insurance. Be prepared for a big spike to your insurance premium. Best of luck.
Yeah did not realize that until this incident. Thought that the coverage of the driver would have to cover it but found out from this incident the hard way. From now on, no one is touching my car. That is if I'm lucky enough to find another one or if by chance I find the patience to order one just like her..... dang it...hsj hbk sbhxbs bbn
cjmk1982 is offline  
Old 04-15-2019, 11:00 PM
  #23  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 87
Likes: 0
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
2018 amg e63s
Originally Posted by CPD SLK View Post
Sorry to hear that man that must be a horrible feeling...ur friend is an idiot
Thanks and yeah he is. I'm just glad he didnt become a dead idiot friend.
cjmk1982 is offline  
Old 04-15-2019, 11:26 PM
  #24  
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Northern California
Posts: 80
Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
2019 AMG E63S
Wow that is crazy. Really sorry you lost your car and like everyone else also happy that nobody was hurt. Hopefully you won't have to pay anything out of pocket to get a replacement. I had to add an extra replacement rider on my policy which guarantees that I'd get a brand new car as a replacement in case of a total as long as it happens in the first year that I have the vehicle. Didn't want to take the risk of the car getting total'ed and then insurance saying "well because of the depreciation we can't pay you back what you paid for it...".
GreenFox is offline  
Old 04-15-2019, 11:56 PM
  #25  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 87
Likes: 0
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
2018 amg e63s
Originally Posted by GreenFox View Post
Wow that is crazy. Really sorry you lost your car and like everyone else also happy that nobody was hurt. Hopefully you won't have to pay anything out of pocket to get a replacement. I had to add an extra replacement rider on my policy which guarantees that I'd get a brand new car as a replacement in case of a total as long as it happens in the first year that I have the vehicle. Didn't want to take the risk of the car getting total'ed and then insurance saying "well because of the depreciation we can't pay you back what you paid for it...".
Thanks and I hope I dont have to pay anything out of pocket either. I think since I bought her used less than 3 months ago, the depreciation wouldn't be bad or non at all since I bought her already at the depreciated value or imo, a better value than most others out there with same specs. Minus the $1000 deductible, that my friend is willing to pay me, I dont think I'll lose much at all. That's what I'm hoping at least....
On bright side, it seems there are some used 2019 e63s that are starting to roll in so maybe I can get a 2019 as a replacement instead...

Last edited by cjmk1982; 04-16-2019 at 12:16 AM.
cjmk1982 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Quick Reply: RIP my E63S


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: