W213 AMG Discuss the W213 AMG - 2017 to present
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

E63S Wagon / Accessories included from factory?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-27-2019, 01:30 AM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
N/A
E63S Wagon / Accessories included from factory?

Folk,

I'm considering a CPO 2019 E63S wagon that is a few hundred miles away from me, so I am trying to figure out what things to ask the dealer to verify for me as part of this. Are there a set of things that I should expect under the rear compartment, for example?

Any hints are welcomed as searching seems to pull up things-to-buy vs. things-included-in-the-proverbial-box.

Thank you,

Jason
Old 06-27-2019, 06:30 AM

Received 99 Likes on 58 Posts
18 E63s Wagon 15 GL63 (sold), 10 Turbo TT MT, A36 Bonanza, 20 JLU Rubicon
No real goodies other than a shopping plastic foldout carrying tray, air compressor and tire sealant, cargo net, adapter for the center lock if your car is equipped, tire iron, but no spare and no jack.
Old 06-27-2019, 12:50 PM

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts
2012 Ferrari FF, 1992 911 C2, 2019 e63s wagon (no longer lives at the Baltimore VPC)
Talking

Originally Posted by cyclrder
No real goodies other than a shopping plastic foldout carrying tray, air compressor and tire sealant, cargo net, adapter for the center lock if your car is equipped, tire iron, but no spare and no jack.
You are missing the all-important first aid kit!!
Old 06-28-2019, 08:22 PM

N/A
Thank you. I had ordered a brilliant blue C63S last December from a local dealer but somehow option 319 (intelligent lighting/headlights) was missed with the only remediation being another 3-6 month wait.

..... so, was able to locate a wagon with a factory customized Brilliant Blue Magno paint option instead. I’m picking it up tomorrow.

-j
The following users liked this post:
GuyWithACar (06-28-2019)
Old 06-28-2019, 11:26 PM

Received 109 Likes on 71 Posts
‘22 Ram Limited 4x4, '21 GLE63S, ‘14 Corvette Stingray
Someone posted a picture of that one on Facebook. It looks gorgeous. Brilliant Blue Magno wasn’t a factory option so that was a Designo Exclusive paint. Well done. Post lots of pictures. Wonder why they traded it in so quickly after buying it.

This might be the one.

I guess they also have this Kryptonite Green one.
24Hours (07-15-2019)
Old 06-28-2019, 11:39 PM

N/A
Yeah, that appears to be it, actually. I'm told that the original owner purchases vehicles frequently from them, sometimes with wild combinations, keeps them a short while and moves on. I wonder if that green one isn't a similar condition. I'm a little over 500 miles away from that dealer and am trading in my raptor.. meeting them halfway tomorrow afternoon. There previous owner blacked out all the external chrome (yay), but also darkened the tail lights and reflector. I think i'll be undoing that part. It's got a PPF up to the A pillar, which is useful, but I can also see the difference between the wrapped and non-wrapped part, even in that picture. It isn't stark, but it is there.

Where was that posted on FB?

-j
Old 06-28-2019, 11:50 PM

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts
2015 Range Rover Sport Autobiography; 2019 AMG E63S; 2021 Range Rover HSE Westminister
Wow wow wow that wagon. OMG! Unique and drop dead gorgeous. You'll be famous, and you'll never go unnoticed. A lot of times people around here don't notice or even know what my E63S is. I was hyper-self conscious first couple weeks stepping out of the car, but i quickly realized most people dont even notice so now I am quite at home driving around in it. With this wagon it screams look at me all the the way to the mountain tops.
Old 06-28-2019, 11:55 PM

N/A
Originally Posted by VaserC63S
Wow wow wow that wagon. OMG! Unique and drop dead gorgeous. You'll be famous, and you'll never go unnoticed. A lot of times people around here don't notice or even know what my E63S is. I was hyper-self conscious first couple weeks stepping out of the car, but i quickly realized most people dont even notice so now I am quite at home driving around in it. With this wagon it screams look at me all the the way to the mountain tops.
Haha... that is the opposite of my desire... but alas, we shall see.

I'm hoping that removing the matte paint is ok under the badges.... on a gloss coat, removing badging is simple, and clean up is simple at least.

-j
Old 06-29-2019, 01:23 AM

Originally Posted by jasonbrent
Yeah, that appears to be it, actually. I'm told that the original owner purchases vehicles frequently from them, sometimes with wild combinations, keeps them a short while and moves on. I wonder if that green one isn't a similar condition. I'm a little over 500 miles away from that dealer and am trading in my raptor.. meeting them halfway tomorrow afternoon. There previous owner blacked out all the external chrome (yay), but also darkened the tail lights and reflector. I think i'll be undoing that part. It's got a PPF up to the A pillar, which is useful, but I can also see the difference between the wrapped and non-wrapped part, even in that picture. It isn't stark, but it is there.

Where was that posted on FB?

-j
I posted my wagon on Obsessed Garrage after her bath. So some guys were talking about wagons and a gentleman told me about his local dealer with this incredible blue one. Small cyber world I guess

Safe travels today. Enjoy the heck out that thing. It puts a smile on my face everyday. I hardly ever drive my Vette anymore.
Old 06-29-2019, 11:12 PM

N/A
The brilliant blue magno E63S and I made it back alright... 10+ hour round trip drive to get it, with the dealer meeting me halfway. 3500 miles on it, had a chrome delete, PPF on the front to the A-pillar, side windows tinted (potentially took dark for my taste), and for some reason the tailights and rear reflectors were tinted a little. I'll likely undo those.

Nothing serious, but I've already gotta make an appointment at the local dealer -- the console on the roof (where you put sunglasses, misc buttons) has a sound coming out of it that sounds like a fan with bad bearings. As best I could research, there actually is a fan in that to pull air in from the cabin to check the ambient air temps and such. It'll need to be replaced.

... and then there is a rattle on the drivers door that happens on rough roads. I've been unable to pinpoint it so far, unfortunately.

Interior is Nut brown and 20" matte wheels, plus black headliner, all of which goes together reasonably well.

Incidentally, the dealer did a rear diff fluid change on it this morning as part of the CPO process once I asked.

21MPG on the return over a few hundred miles with a little fun, and mostly the speed limit while I toyed with the automatic cruise features and such.

The stock tires are very noisy (pirelli). Comfort should be called "not sport". and sport/+/etc. all feel like I'd expect from a sports-type-vehicle.

-j

Last edited by jasonbrent; 06-29-2019 at 11:19 PM.
Old 06-29-2019, 11:19 PM

The brilliant blue magno E63S and I made it back alright... 10+ hour round trip drive to get it, with the dealer meeting me halfway. 3500 miles on it, had a chrome delete, PPF on the front to the A-pillar, side windows tinted (potentially took dark for my taste), and for some reason the tailights and rear reflectors were tinted a little. I'll likely undo those.

Nothing serious, but I've already gotta make an appointment at the local dealer -- the console on the roof (where you put sunglasses, misc buttons) has a sound coming out of it that sounds like a fan with bad bearings. As best I could research, there actually is a fan in that to pull air in from the cabin to check the ambient air temps and such. It'll need to be replaced.

... and then there is a rattle on the drivers door that happens on rough roads. I've been unable to pinpoint it so far, unfortunately.

Interior is Nut brown and 20" matte wheels, plus black headliner, all of which goes together reasonably well.

21MPG on the return over a few hundred miles with a little fun, and mostly the speed limit while I toyed with the automatic cruise features and such.

The stock tires are very noisy (pirelli). Comfort should be called "not sport". and sport/+/etc. all feel like I'd expect from a sports-type-vehicle.

-j
Welcome to the club :-) cheers to a true unicorn. I have nut brown interior as well on my white wagon. You get used to the ride. I found that making your own “individual” driving mode was best as comfort was a bit lethargic on the downshift and I got tired of turning the exhaust on every time. Experiment with different setting and see what you like. My personal individual has a “sport” drivetrain, “auto” transmission, loud exhaust whatever that was called, “comfort” suspension (lol) and ESP on. Hopefully the dealer sorts out these rattles quick.
Old 06-30-2019, 05:32 PM

N/A
Some quick pictures: https://imgur.com/a/IRwH5fG

Wheels not cleaned, interior still only "dealer cleaned" (aka smudge marks everywhere).

-j
Old 06-30-2019, 05:54 PM

Looks good. I do seen difference in color I’m wondering if it’s the clear bra affecting the finish? In that case should you look into either removing it or full bra on the whole car?

24Hours (07-15-2019)
Old 06-30-2019, 06:08 PM

N/A
Originally Posted by Dunga
Looks good. I do seen difference in color I’m wondering if it’s the clear bra affecting the finish? In that case should you look into either removing it or full bra on the whole car?

Yeah... it is the PPF making the difference there, annoyingly.

I haven’t decided on what to do with that. A full wrap is quoted at 6k around here. It is supposedly XPel on the front, but doesn’t look to me like xpel I’ve used in the past... looks too thin and I’m wondering how well it can be removed without an impact on the matte.
Old 06-30-2019, 06:18 PM

A good clear bra should come off without damage. Allegedly. Leave it for now and see how much it bugs you. Is it as noticeable as the picture make it look like?
Old 06-30-2019, 07:00 PM

N/A
To me it is, to others it doesn’t seem to be. I noticed it immediately in the pictures the dealer had posted though. I’ve got some Beasley’s matte stuff coming in later this week.. the paint is only a few months old, but perhaps that’ll help somehow.

I think it is a stealth film, but not willing to pull up a bit to confirm just yet.
Old 06-30-2019, 11:08 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
'18 E63s
Beautiful ride! I'm very envious!
Old 07-01-2019, 12:09 AM

Received 55 Likes on 44 Posts
E90 M3
Some quick pictures: https://imgur.com/a/IRwH5fG

Wheels not cleaned, interior still only "dealer cleaned" (aka smudge marks everywhere).

-j
Amazing, congrats. Perfection in my book. Did they give you a breakdown of the spec or original sticker? If so would be grateful to know what was charged for the paint. Thanks.
Old 07-01-2019, 12:18 AM

N/A
Originally Posted by signes
Amazing, congrats. Perfection in my book. Did they give you a breakdown of the spec or original sticker? If so would be grateful to know what was charged for the paint. Thanks.
Listed as 8000+2500 for PA1 customization. This matches the prices in the designio custom order DOG (https://mbworld.org/forums/w213-amg/...ml#post7625198) in the sticky at the top of this section.

644 designo Brillant Blue Magno $8,000
PA1 designo Manufaktur Custom Order $2,500
Z01 PA1 paint request - not offered for this model
Z98 PA1 paint request - not offered by DAG, mix 000U
059 factory code

-j
Old 07-13-2019, 11:25 PM

E90 M3
Listed as 8000+2500 for PA1 customization. This matches the prices in the designio custom order DOG (https://mbworld.org/forums/w213-amg/...ml#post7625198) in the sticky at the top of this section.

644 designo Brillant Blue Magno $8,000
PA1 designo Manufaktur Custom Order $2,500
Z01 PA1 paint request - not offered for this model
Z98 PA1 paint request - not offered by DAG, mix 000U
059 factory code

-j
Belated and sincere thanks! Please pm me should you ever decide to sell it.
Old 07-15-2021, 11:48 AM

N/A
After a whole lot of deliberation, the wagon was reluctantly sold to a very strong used market.

Short summary of thoughts and such...

I drove just over 8300 miles on it in 2 years, and with covid only 600 in the last year. Total mileage was 12,004 or so when sold.
Every single mile was one was smile inducing. Flat out the best on-road vehicle I've owned in terms of fun, function, convenience.

As it was de-badged and magno paint, the sleeper-nature was calming; no one revving engine, trying to race, etc. Just peaceful driving with loud exhaust pops when no one was looking.

The only attention it got was from those who knew what it was.
Never once did I hear "must be nice" from someone at a gas pump as with so many other things over the years.

The nanny/driving options were significantly more useful than I expected.
Automatic cruise control/stop-n-go stuff was very useful as parts of my commute were occasionally stop-and-go.
Lane keep was somewhat useful; I'd get the option again but would like to see it less crippled in the US.

My only real disappointment was the audio system sometimes sounding like speakers were blown at any volume (I've described in another post, was content specific, but quite frequent with voices on conference calls}.

It was driven 80% or so highway as a commuter and always in sports+ mode.
Total average MPG was 14.0, with 18.1 being the best over a tank. 34 fill ups, 576 gallons used at a cost of $1,680.41
Full PPF wrap made maintenance easy and let me not stress on chips/etc. Wrap + ceramic made it easy enough that washing the car after almost every drive took minutes.

My ideal garage in terms of form and function would be both a Raptor and a Wagon at this point based on my personal experiences... I'll hopefully add another Wagon in future years.

10 of 10... highly recommended. Would buy again.

-j

The following 2 users liked this post by jasonbrent:
bobblehead (07-15-2021), imack (07-15-2021)
Old 07-15-2021, 12:44 PM

Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts
2020 E63S Wagon, 2007 335i convertible (tuned to 400hp), 2011 Audi A4 Avant
After a whole lot of deliberation, the wagon was reluctantly sold to a very strong used market.
Just curious what you got for it...
Old 07-15-2021, 12:45 PM

E90 M3

Short summary of thoughts and such...

I drove just over 8300 miles on it in 2 years, and with covid only 600 in the last year. Total mileage was 12,004 or so when sold.
Every single mile was one was smile inducing. Flat out the best on-road vehicle I've owned in terms of fun, function, convenience.

As it was de-badged and magno paint, the sleeper-nature was calming; no one revving engine, trying to race, etc. Just peaceful driving with loud exhaust pops when no one was looking.

The only attention it got was from those who knew what it was.
Never once did I hear "must be nice" from someone at a gas pump as with so many other things over the years.

The nanny/driving options were significantly more useful than I expected.
Automatic cruise control/stop-n-go stuff was very useful as parts of my commute were occasionally stop-and-go.
Lane keep was somewhat useful; I'd get the option again but would like to see it less crippled in the US.

My only real disappointment was the audio system sometimes sounding like speakers were blown at any volume (I've described in another post, was content specific, but quite frequent with voices on conference calls}.

It was driven 80% or so highway as a commuter and always in sports+ mode.
Total average MPG was 14.0, with 18.1 being the best over a tank. 34 fill ups, 576 gallons used at a cost of $1,680.41
Full PPF wrap made maintenance easy and let me not stress on chips/etc. Wrap + ceramic made it easy enough that washing the car after almost every drive took minutes.

My ideal garage in terms of form and function would be both a Raptor and a Wagon at this point based on my personal experiences... I'll hopefully add another Wagon in future years.

10 of 10... highly recommended. Would buy again.

-j
Great write up and thanks for taking the time to post. Seems like you would have held onto it after that experience - why sell?
Old 07-15-2021, 01:05 PM

N/A
Originally Posted by signes
Great write up and thanks for taking the time to post. Seems like you would have held onto it after that experience - why sell?
i have to stretch to provide good answers to why I sold. I really was torn on it....
I'd have preferred to not sell, I just decided to reallocate those funds for now.
Had it been completely paid off, I do not expect I would not have sold.

.. but with only putting 600 miles on it in the last year and not expecting that to change in my case for at least the next year, I was having a hard time justifying carrying a payment.
While it was fully protected with PPF, it didn't live in my garage.. and as car love I thought "it deserves better". Yes, I know that's a wacky thought.

In the end, the used market buying price meant I could replace it with (albeit a different product class} and have no car payment.

I do hope to add another one in the future, as I mentioned previously.

(it was replaced with a '21 wrx sti.... just enough car to be fun, maintain awd, and be winter capable, albeit with a tire change).

-j