C218 CLS63, 2011 - 2019

2012 CLS63 AMG at Invoice? Is it Doable?

Old 06-15-2011, 04:39 PM
Super Moderator

Received 58 Likes on 16 Posts
2019 GT3 RS, 2017 M3 30 Jahre
2012 CLS63 AMG at Invoice? Is it Doable?

I just saw the CLS63 AMG this morning and it looks fantastic.

Anyone know if it's possible to place an order for one at invoice at this point in time?

Thanks.
Old 06-15-2011, 07:39 PM
Administrator

Received 795 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by nlpamg
I just saw the CLS63 AMG this morning and it looks fantastic.

Anyone know if it's possible to place an order for one at invoice at this point in time?

Thanks.
Already jumping ship eh Phil?

I dont think so right now- way too early and there is enough demand to get premiums or at least MSRP.
Old 06-15-2011, 08:17 PM
Super Moderator

I'm not feeling the new M5. The F10 already looks dated and the power numbers didn't impress me.

The CLS though, looks sick. The AMG Development Package and LSD are definitely a must.

I talked to your boy at HOI a couple hours ago and he told me the same thing. Guess I'll wait.
Old 06-15-2011, 09:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
G63 AMG, SL65 AMG, CLS550, S550, Tesla Model S Performance, Challenger SRT8
Just took a look at the new CLS63 at the San Diego dealer and was told they aren't discounting them one penny.
Old 06-15-2011, 11:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
06 CLS55 w/ P030, 05 Jag S Type R, 05 TBird-68 Dodge Charger R/T-440 w/4speed I'm original owner
Try Costco or AAA buying program. They advertise never pay MSRP
Old 06-16-2011, 12:10 AM

Received 131 Likes on 87 Posts
2021 E63S Wagon 2019 S63 AMG Coupé 2015 S Coupé Edition 1 1970 Chevelle LS5
I'm not feeling the new M5. The F10 already looks dated and the power numbers didn't impress me.

The CLS though, looks sick. The AMG Development Package and LSD are definitely a must.

I talked to your boy at HOI a couple hours ago and he told me the same thing. Guess I'll wait.
Wait.

Wait a friggin minute...

I thought you were going after the GT-R?

I went away and what ahppened??
Old 06-16-2011, 12:32 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by coolcamden
Wait.

Wait a friggin minute...

I thought you were going after the GT-R?

I went away and what ahppened??
What up, buddy! Haven't seen you in a while!

Well, I do have a 2012 GT-R Black Edition in Deep Blue Pearl coming in next month. I'm just hoping the dealer doesn't try to pull any fast ones on me, even though they have my money.

To be honest, I'm trying to cover my bases just a bit, and this weekend gave me second thoughts about the GT-R (more to be discussed below). In case the Nissan dealer does something stupid, I'll walk. And, I'm also trying to get possibly a better deal.

If I can get a CLS63 at invoice, I could lease it for about the same or even lower than the GT-R (I'm still not sure if I'm going to buy or lease the GT-R, I can go either way). But, having a 114k car for the same payments as a 97k car is might tempting.

This weekend kind of put me off about the GT-R. What I love about the M5 is that it's pretty low profile. I don't get any unwanted attention in it. I was at this Asian bakery in Irvine (85C), unfortunately waiting in line, and this Blue 2012 GT-R Premium pulls out. Keep in mind, Irvine is a college town, home to the University of Civics and Integras. The kids in line went wild. They were yelling "GT-R!" and running in the street trying to snap pics of it. I was shaking my head the entire time. I don't want that kind of attention. But, I'll suck it up for an amazing car and where I live and work, it shouldn't be too bad.
Old 06-16-2011, 02:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
:)
I ordered mine 60 days ago, and I been told it will be at MSRP but not premium. I guess gotta pay to play !!! either way I am leasing this CLS after learning from my last CLS purchase.
Old 06-16-2011, 03:06 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by newguycls55
I ordered mine 60 days ago, and I been told it will be at MSRP but not premium. I guess gotta pay to play !!! either way I am leasing this CLS after learning from my last CLS purchase.
nice! when are you going to get it?

I was talking to one dealer and he said he'd order me one for MSRP with November delivery, but he wanted to mark-up the MF by 1.5 points. that, in addition to a horrible residual of 55%. it didn't look good.
Old 06-16-2011, 11:15 AM
Administrator

Received 795 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS

Ha, what boy was that?

There is no way MBCC will lease this car well; they just dont do it anymore. The only way to get a decent lease is a huge reduction in net cap cost and this would require out of pocket cash. US Bank could be an option to lease but you would have to have superior credit and comparable auto credit to get a 115k lease. US bank runs lower residuals but also very low money factors so your payment each month is more towards depreciation.

FWIW- I think this choice is better than the GTR for a daily driver. You know how much I love my GTR but its the best 3rd car Ive ever owned.
Old 06-16-2011, 09:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 CLS 550 and some other MBZ
Originally Posted by m_berman
+1
Old 06-16-2011, 09:19 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Vic55
Ha, what boy was that?

There is no way MBCC will lease this car well; they just dont do it anymore. The only way to get a decent lease is a huge reduction in net cap cost and this would require out of pocket cash. US Bank could be an option to lease but you would have to have superior credit and comparable auto credit to get a 115k lease. US bank runs lower residuals but also very low money factors so your payment each month is more towards depreciation.

FWIW- I think this choice is better than the GTR for a daily driver. You know how much I love my GTR but its the best 3rd car Ive ever owned.
It was Marky Mark!

Damn man, you totally got me thinking. But, if I can't get a good deal on the CLS, I think I'll just pass on the CLS for now and get the GT-R. Then we can revisit the CLS in two to three years

I also talked with the MB dealer my parents had been using since I was a kid (and who also has a current order from us on a w204 coupe) and he said he can't go lower than sticker.

Basically, from everything that you've said and I've heard from the dealers, MB learned from their mistake last year when they were offering $20k incentives on new AMG's and they're trying to raise the residuals in doing so.

I just saw the residual for an S65... 35% after 3 years, what a waste!
Old 06-18-2011, 09:51 PM

Received 131 Likes on 87 Posts
2021 E63S Wagon 2019 S63 AMG Coupé 2015 S Coupé Edition 1 1970 Chevelle LS5

If I can't get a good deal on the CLS, I think I'll just pass on the CLS for now and get the GT-R. Then we can revisit the CLS in two to three years
Hey Phil, I've got it all worked out for you...

You get the GT-R now. BABY IT. DON'T TRACK IT. Drive it like an old lady. Then in 2 or 3 years, when you get the new CLS, you can sell the GT-R to me.

Issue with the cafe shop in Irvine may be partly due to the color, you think??... Pearl Blue is new and is very visually impactful. SS, Gun or White will be less attention getting, me thunk...

Coming from an M5, I can see you wanting to get into a CLS. I think I'm done with the CLS once mine decides to crap on me. I'll go either GT-R, an AM or old man S55. Although it's my wife's turn to get a car. I thik she'll look good in an Audi S5. (Once the shock of private college tuition fades.)
Old 06-20-2011, 09:52 PM

a car that gets very poor gas mileage.
Went looking at a GT-R yesterday and the lease manager asked if I had either Costco or AAA membership.

Is there a special leasing program these organizations offer?
I'm not a member of either, however.
Old 06-20-2011, 10:01 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by coolcamden
Hey Phil, I've got it all worked out for you...

You get the GT-R now. BABY IT. DON'T TRACK IT. Drive it like an old lady. Then in 2 or 3 years, when you get the new CLS, you can sell the GT-R to me.

Issue with the cafe shop in Irvine may be partly due to the color, you think??... Pearl Blue is new and is very visually impactful. SS, Gun or White will be less attention getting, me thunk...

Coming from an M5, I can see you wanting to get into a CLS. I think I'm done with the CLS once mine decides to crap on me. I'll go either GT-R, an AM or old man S55. Although it's my wife's turn to get a car. I thik she'll look good in an Audi S5. (Once the shock of private college tuition fades.)
lol, I'll hold you to it! Although, I'll just *tell* you I didn't track it and drove it like an old lady.

You also thinking of a V8 Vantage? The N420 was a car I looked at, but it was too damn slow and I didn't want to deal with the maintenance. A deal on a V12 Vantage though... now that would be something.

Originally Posted by Centurion
Went looking at a GT-R yesterday and the lease manager asked if I had either Costco or AAA membership.

Is there a special leasing program these organizations offer?
I'm not a member of either, however.
What? Really?

I've never heard of that.

My deal is straight up for MSRP for the Black Edition with no markup in the MF or APR (I don't know what I want to do yet). If there's a better deal to be had with either those memberships, it would be worthwhile.
Old 06-22-2011, 12:13 AM

What? Really?

I've never heard of that.

My deal is straight up for MSRP for the Black Edition with no markup in the MF or APR (I don't know what I want to do yet). If there's a better deal to be had with either those memberships, it would be worthwhile.
Yeah, I wish I knew what Costco or AAA has to offer. Perhaps a fellow member here can shed some light on this.

I was thinking of checking out Universal City Nissan. They seem to have 10 GT-R's on their lot. One of which is a Deep Blue Pearl Black Ed.

Which dealership are you utilizing?
Do you think your sales consultant would cut both of us a better deal if we each got one from him/her?

Anyone else interested in a GT-R group buy?
Old 06-23-2011, 01:44 AM

Just heard back from Universal City Nissan.
They won't do the GT-R at sticker.
Every one of their GT-Rs on the lot will have a mark-up.
Old 06-23-2011, 07:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
G63 AMG, SL65 AMG, CLS550, S550, Tesla Model S Performance, Challenger SRT8

When I was shopping around for a GT-R I found one at sticker from Mossy Nissan in San Diego.
Old 06-23-2011, 07:22 PM
Super Moderator

Universal is a joke. They've been trying to mark-up ALL their GT-R's, throughout the years.

I just talked to my dealer, my GT-R is the last one he's getting, so no deal, sorry.

Originally Posted by MercPlease
When I was shopping around for a GT-R I found one at sticker from Mossy Nissan in San Diego.
I spoke with them as well and they sounded reasonable. The Blue Black Edition they had sold at MSRP. Not sure what their current inventory is.
Old 06-23-2011, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by MercPlease
I just checked their online Inventory search engine and they don't seem to have a GT-R on the lot.
Thanks for the heads up though.
Old 06-23-2011, 10:08 PM

I just talked to my dealer, my GT-R is the last one he's getting, so no deal, sorry.
It's all good. Thank you for asking them.

I'm still on the hunt.

If I knew MB would release the '12 E63 in July/August/September, that would make things a lot easier.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
06 CLS55 w/ P030, 05 Jag S Type R, 05 TBird-68 Dodge Charger R/T-440 w/4speed I'm original owner
In addition, try Autoland or a Credit Union Purchase program
Old 06-25-2011, 06:31 PM

I haven't posted here since the time I had my CLK500, it's been a while.
I just traded my 2008 M5 for a brand spanking new 2012 CLS63! That car is very nice.
For those interested, I did not pay MSRP on that car! I don't think that I could have gotten a better deal. I'm gonna ask the dealer I bought it from if it's ok I advertise their name....for obvious reasons.
My car buying experience was one of the best I've had too!

I'll post more info if I get the green light from the dealer.

Cheers.

Old 06-27-2011, 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by tontondavid
I just traded my 2008 M5 for a brand spanking new 2012 CLS63! That car is very nice.
For those interested, I did not pay MSRP on that car! I don't think that I could have gotten a better deal. I'm gonna ask the dealer I bought it from if it's ok I advertise their name....for obvious reasons.

Cheers.

Congrats!
What color combo is the car and what city are you in?
Old 06-27-2011, 12:08 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by tontondavid

Cheers.

wow, congrats! please let us know!

and please post pics of your new ride!

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2012 CLS63 AMG at Invoice? Is it Doable?