C218 CLS63, 2011 - 2019

new cls63!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 11:34 AM
Administrator

Received 795 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
The engine and the looks are what I love- Im ok giving up small features for this incredible performing engine with tuning opportunities to add.

I also love the LED headlights? Great feature IMHO.
Old 06-07-2012, 04:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
FF. W212 E63 M156 non-pano 18" P2 ParkT NightV (gone but will be missed).
Originally Posted by Vic55
The engine and the looks are what I love- Im ok giving up small features for this incredible performing engine with tuning opportunities to add.
I'm also mostly after the looks (in my case, the W212), the engine, and how the car handles overall.

Sure, there are lots of details from top to bottom to look at and we all expect to get what we pay for. But we need to remember for every feature, there is always something better out there. Overall, what MB has offered is certainly not too far from its competitors. For me, a car has to drive and handle well, since that's the main purpose of an automobile. That's the reason why the electronically produced sound by BMW in the M5 has completely turned me off.

Of course, modern consumers have a different set of expectations. It was not too long ago when Honda has the torque vectoring differential. Nowadays, Honda's ads emphasis on things like dog ramp and things like that. How time has changed.

As for Lexus, it's hard to beat the quality, attention to detail, reliability both in and out for the LS series. However, nearly all Lexus cars are not drivers' cars. They are merely sofas with wheels--good for passengers. That's why the average owner's age is the second highest (first being Buick) here in the US.

By the way, it's interesting to find opposite on the other side of the Atlantic with Lexus depreciating so much in Europe. In the US, Lexus is said to retain value very well.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:28 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Porsche 991 GT3, 2012 cls63 Kleemann K3
Originally Posted by otakki

I'm also mostly after the looks (in my case, the W212), the engine, and how the car handles overall.

Sure, there are lots of details from top to bottom to look at and we all expect to get what we pay for. But we need to remember for every feature, there is always something better out there. Overall, what MB has offered is certainly not too far from its competitors. For me, a car has to drive and handle well, since that's the main purpose of an automobile. That's the reason why the electronically produced sound by BMW in the M5 has completely turned me off.

Of course, modern consumers have a different set of expectations. It was not too long ago when Honda has the torque vectoring differential. Nowadays, Honda's ads emphasis on things like dog ramp and things like that. How time has changed.

As for Lexus, it's hard to beat the quality, attention to detail, reliability both in and out for the LS series. However, nearly all Lexus cars are not drivers' cars. They are merely sofas with wheels--good for passengers. That's why the average owner's age is the second highest (first being Buick) here in the US.

By the way, it's interesting to find opposite on the other side of the Atlantic with Lexus depreciating so much in Europe. In the US, Lexus is said to retain value very well.
yep. the looks are definately saving the car. and the engine/engine note are magnificent.

if i could just take the interior of the f10m5 and put it in the cls63 it would be just about the perfect car.