C218 CLS63, 2011 - 2019

2012 cls 63 AMG interior carbon fiber trim

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2012, 09:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lunar Blue 2012 CLS63 AMG
2012 cls 63 AMG interior carbon fiber trim

I just picked up my 2012 lunar blue cls 63 with carbon fiber interior trim last Friday. The car looks amazing, But I was very disappointed when I realized that even though the AMG description for the 2012 CLS63 of the carbon fiber trim on the MBUSA AMG build your car site specify that the console has CF , there is not a trace of carbon fiber on the console - Front Or Back. I spoke to MB about it, and they more or less said. "We made a mistake on the description and it's Tough, that's the way it is". I am very pissed about that. I paid $2850 for something I did not get. Does anyone else feel this way? the piano black console looks like it does not match. It should all be CF or at the very least the console should be trimmed in CF.
Old 06-12-2012, 09:59 PM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,353 Likes on 2,807 Posts
2012 CLS63
where are the pix????
Old 06-12-2012, 10:48 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2014 Lotus Evora S
Originally Posted by lunarrocket
I just picked up my 2012 lunar blue cls 63 with carbon fiber interior trim last Friday. The car looks amazing, But I was very disappointed when I realized that even though the AMG description for the 2012 CLS63 of the carbon fiber trim on the MBUSA AMG build your car site specify that the console has CF , there is not a trace of carbon fiber on the console - Front Or Back. I spoke to MB about it, and they more or less said. "We made a mistake on the description and it's Tough, that's the way it is". I am very pissed about that. I paid $2850 for something I did not get. Does anyone else feel this way? the piano black console looks like it does not match. It should all be CF or at the very least the console should be trimmed in CF.
Congrats on your new car! I don't think the CLS has ever had a cf console. I find the black console blends well though. You had your expectations up there...sorry to hear that. After a couple of days of driving, you'll forget about it.
Old 06-12-2012, 10:58 PM

Thanks Mr Happy. The problem there is that MBUSA does say that the carbon fiber trim on the CLS63 includes the console, and who ever ordered it did not get what they paid for. It looks incomplete without it. I'll post pictures soon.
Old 06-13-2012, 01:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts
i drive them all, fast and hard
yeah even with my E, they removed some carbon fiber, that used to be around the AC and along the center console.. suxxx
Old 06-13-2012, 02:03 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Porsche 991 GT3, 2012 cls63 Kleemann K3
you mean you didnt get any carbon fiber at all on the interior and you paid 2800????

or if your just talking about the console where the gear selector and drive unit, then yes i agree., the piano black was kindof an easy "cheapo" way to appoint that area. gets all smudgy and a dust magnet.

i find im always trying to avoid directly touching it, so it doesnt get smudged and then have to be constantly wiping it down....

although i dont think carbon fiber would have worked there either. they should have just wrapped it in leather, or made it a matt finish.

there are way too many reflective surfaces on the interior imo.

to me - if i need to see my reflection, there are mirrors.
Old 06-13-2012, 11:29 PM

2014 GT-R; 2014 GL 350 BTC
Originally Posted by lunarrocket
Congrats on your purchase! You are the only other lunar blur cls63 owner I know. Mine was the first back in the U.S. back in Nov. of 2011. I think there is also one up for sale at a GA dealership now but I am still very surprised there are not more of them around.
Old 06-14-2012, 09:43 AM

Thanks, I know about your car very well. I ordered mine back in October of 2011. While waiting for it, I have had pictures of yours as my wallpaper since November. Everyone that has seen my car, from the dealership to the gas station attendant has remarked on how beautiful the color is. I also, don't understand why there isn't much more of them. But I guess it's a good thing. I ordered the Designo blue seats and it looks so classy. I am a little disappointed with the carbon fiber trim, it doesn't match MB's description of it, but I guess with time I will get over it. The car is Beautiful. I ordered it with the carbon fiber trunk lid, and I installed the carbon fiber side mirror covers from CKS. the car looks amazing. I will post pics later. But, just like me , that car is not photogenic. I'll try anyway.
Old 06-14-2012, 04:35 PM

2014 GT-R; 2014 GL 350 BTC
That is a long time to wait for your car to come in but I suppose that is one of the costs of the designo interior. Would love to see some pictures so get them up as soon as you can.

Congratulations again!