Rate Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 03:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS63 PP, XFR
nice ride~
Old 02-17-2013, 04:45 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2014 Lotus Evora S
Congrats Vic! I like the design of this one much better (you know I'm not a fan of the look of the 5 series). I'm surprised and intrigued by your comments on the fact that it feels different (maybe better?) than the M5. I now want to test drive one.

I just went to the car show here in Toronto and saw an M6 Grand Coupe for the first time. The interior is really WOW (possibly similar to yours?) and surprisingly roomy for the rear passengers. It feels like a 7 series in terms of size. It will be a serious contender together with the RS 7 for my next car in a couple of years, although the RS7 looks a bit like a poor child compared to the M6 Grand Coupe...not the same price either. I haven't driven neither obviously as they are not available yet in Canada.

But I have to say after an afternoon at the car show, excluding the cars above $200k, from a look standpoint, the CLS still reigns supreme as one of the most beautiful cars out there.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:15 PM
Administrator

Received 795 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by Mr. Happy
Congrats Vic! I like the design of this one much better (you know I'm not a fan of the look of the 5 series). I'm surprised and intrigued by your comments on the fact that it feels different (maybe better?) than the M5. I now want to test drive one.

I just went to the car show here in Toronto and saw an M6 Grand Coupe for the first time. The interior is really WOW (possibly similar to yours?) and surprisingly roomy for the rear passengers. It feels like a 7 series in terms of size. It will be a serious contender together with the RS 7 for my next car in a couple of years, although the RS7 looks a bit like a poor child compared to the M6 Grand Coupe...not the same price either. I haven't driven neither obviously as they are not available yet in Canada.

But I have to say after an afternoon at the car show, excluding the cars above $200k, from a look standpoint, the CLS still reigns supreme as one of the most beautiful cars out there.
You should test drive one for sure. The M5 drives much more solid than the E class and the M6 responds better than the M5--- the chassis, wheelbase, lower center, slightly lighter weight, etc all play a role.

You nailed it on the interior. The BMW leather (M is Merino) is amazing and the whole cabin just feels luxurious compared to an E... the CLS does one up the E but I like my M5 and definitely like the M6 interior better.

I think the steering dynamics, dampening, chassis response, and a few other driveability measurements were key in my decisions to take on two M's. I have no doubt Ill be back in the AMG world soon but not just yet.