C218 CLS63, 2011 - 2019

MBUSA Wheel & Tire Insurance

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 01:09 PM

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts
McLaren 12C Spider | Lamborghini Superleggera | Porsche 997.2 TT | Cayenne TT | AMG GTS
MBUSA Wheel & Tire Insurance

I am finalizing my paperwork and I was offered all of the regular upsell services and insurance. The one that intrests me in the wheel and tire insurance. Unlimitted claims for 5 years. This will be my daily driver and Colorado is known for potholes. I have damaged many wheels over the years and not so much the tires. I have 19" AMG split spoke star option wheels on the car and do not expect to switch wheels.

Do you think $1600 is a good deal for 5 years coverage on all 4 wheels and tires?
Old 02-26-2013, 02:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLS63 AMG
Originally Posted by SANDOVAL
I am finalizing my paperwork and I was offered all of the regular upsell services and insurance. The one that intrests me in the wheel and tire insurance. Unlimitted claims for 5 years. This will be my daily driver and Colorado is known for potholes. I have damaged many wheels over the years and not so much the tires. I have 19" AMG split spoke star option wheels on the car and do not expect to switch wheels.

Do you think $1600 is a good deal for 5 years coverage on all 4 wheels and tires?
Not bad. I was actually at my dealer today and asked them about this and from what I recall they were willing to do three years for around $875-900 and I think the 5yr option was either $1350 or $1500 so your price sounds about right.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:09 PM
Administrator

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
In one case I had them offer me windshield chip insurance for $500/3yrs. When I told them my insurance does that for free they backed off fast.

I know of another case from a Porsche dealer where they offered ding insurance for $1000/5 yrs. When they were told the doors are aluminum and that PDR didn't work that well on those that dealer backed off as well.

In other words

Read the fine print. It isn't through MBUSA but through an outside insurance. Make sure it covers you at any dealer. Make sure that tires aren't prorated. Check on the exclusions. Etc.

Remember, the stealer wouldn't offer it unless they make money on it.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55
i bought it for my 219. when the wheel got cracked in three places, they said they wouldn't replace it unless it was leaking air and it didn't matter if it was bent. it was leaking air. they then said since it was cracked in three places, that it was a manufacturer defect so dealer problem. i made the dealer resolve it with them since it was warranty either way. it was a fight to get paid.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:37 PM

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts
McLaren 12C Spider | Lamborghini Superleggera | Porsche 997.2 TT | Cayenne TT | AMG GTS
I ended up getting it. I am also of the mindset that you say no to everything offered in the finance office. However, I have replaced many wheels and tires over the past 10 years. The roads in CO just suck. I spoke to the service department manager and he answered all of my questions about claims, process, coverage etc. I felt like it was the smart decision.
Old 02-28-2013, 02:46 PM
Gsc

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
2014 S550, 2014 Porsche Turbo S, 2013 Bentley GT Speed W12
Co-sign, I think its a good move. DO you know if it is transferable to the next owner?