C218 CLS63, 2011 - 2019

Thoughts of the Designo Magno Cashmere White Exterior Color Option

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 02:11 PM

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 CLS63 PP
Thoughts of the Designo Magno Cashmere White Exterior Color Option

I'm really start to like the Designo Magno Cashmere White color option for the 2014 CLS63. What do you guys think about the color?

Thanks in advance,
Tony
Attached Thumbnails Thoughts of the Designo Magno Cashmere White Exterior Color Option-cls63_amg_diamond_white_0171.jpg  
Old 05-23-2013, 03:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 GL550, 2012 E550
I think its better than the non matte whites but won't get head turns like matte allanite grey does.
Old 05-23-2013, 03:43 PM

2012 CLS63 PP
I've been trying to find some decent photos of the car in that color, but I've only been able to find a few.
Old 05-23-2013, 04:43 PM
Administrator

Received 795 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
I like it... white is my fave color and this is at the top of the heap of white variants for me.

Im still though, a huge fan of gloss white.

Last edited by Vic55; 05-23-2013 at 04:46 PM.
Old 05-23-2013, 06:41 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 CLS63
For me it's the coolest color you can get/paint your car right now. Look into the maintenance of the matte white paint though , I wouldn't suggest using as a DD, which is why I went with diamond white.
Old 05-23-2013, 06:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 167 Likes on 133 Posts
2021 Porsche TTS
I daily drive my matte allanite and there is no issues whatsoever.
It is one the easiest paint to take care of.
Granted I only drive about 20 miles per day.
Back to the point, the white looks great but I am biased to the grey matte.
Old 05-24-2013, 01:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
E55 amg
@emericr do u have pics to post of ur ride ? Would love to see it .... Color choice is one of the best IMO
Old 05-24-2013, 04:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 CLS63 AMG, 2012 Bentley Cont. GT, 2013 Cayenne Turbo
lol now you are lucky you have me on the forum.
So I have a 2012 cls63 with magno cashmere white with approximately 12500 miles on it.
I live in LA and I daily drive this car to Pasadena everyday (50 miles) and I also drive this car hardddd.
As a result, my front bumper turns slightly yellowish, and it is noticeable. Since then, I had the front bumper repainted and put satin clear bra on it. From what I have observed, I think that it is caused by the engine heat as well as exposure to the heat from the sun.
Another downside is that this particular paint is very very hard to take care of.

However, you get some good perks and benefit from owning this color. Every single day, I get at least a thumbs up and at least 5 head turns every time I drive pass by pedestrians or other cars .

Personally, I think that all those downsides are well worth it. It keeps me always smiling when driving this car.
Old 05-24-2013, 06:29 AM

2012 CLS63 PP
Great information guys, my wife likes the color, but hates that it's matte. I guess it's good that I still have time to decide, since the new models won't be available until August.
Old 05-24-2013, 01:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 CLS63 AMG, 2012 Bentley Cont. GT, 2013 Cayenne Turbo
Originally Posted by TDwayne69
Great information guys, my wife likes the color, but hates that it's matte. I guess it's good that I still have time to decide, since the new models won't be available until August.
have your wife seen it in person? I think she is going to change her mind once she sees it
Old 05-24-2013, 02:22 PM

2012 CLS63 PP
She saw a dark matte color on a SL63 (I think it was a gray matte) and she didn't care for it. She likes the Palladium Silver Metallic, so that maybe the color that we will be going with, but as long as I get the car I'm fine with that.
Old 12-28-2013, 06:44 PM

E 350
Cashmere White designo magno

I have a cashmere white matte E350 and the paint is beautiful. The problem is it is the first matte finish I ever owned and I took it to a regular car wash twice!! Hopefully, I haven't done any long term damage. I read in another forum thread that 50% isopropyl alcohol and 50% water should do the trick.

This paint looks awesome - really differentiating. BUT, you are in for more maintenance than a regular finish.
Old 12-28-2013, 07:25 PM

2012 CLS63 PP
Hello kier569,

I actually ended up getting a diamond white one, thanks for the response.
Old 12-28-2013, 09:59 PM

Cls 63 amg, designo
Originally Posted by emericr
I daily drive my matte allanite and there is no issues whatsoever.
It is one the easiest paint to take care of.
Granted I only drive about 20 miles per day.
Back to the point, the white looks great but I am biased to the grey matte.
Are you sure its easy to take care matt color?
What did you do to remove the light scratches ?
Please share
Old 12-29-2013, 08:20 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,351 Likes on 2,807 Posts
2012 CLS63
white is awesome, my next benz I ordered in white, getting another cls already?
Old 12-29-2013, 11:34 AM

Received 112 Likes on 80 Posts
2020 S63 Coupe, 2006 Hummer H1 Alpha, 2018 McLaren 720S, 2022 Porsche 911 TurboS, 2022 Tesla Model X
Mine has the matte cashmere white. I love the color and it gets a lot of looks. If you are willing to wash the car yourself, the maintenance is super easy. I bought a Gilmour Foam Master II and matte soap and quick detailer from Chemical Guys. Super easy and quick, and never need to wax or polish.

I had applied some bad tire gloss which resulted in a lot of sling but used the quick detailer to remove it, and got a better product that stays on the tires. I also use the quick detailer to remove bug spots or bird poop as soon as I find them.

I definitely would not let a car wash place touch it, even if they will do a hand wash, because you need to use special soap made without glossing agents and fillers. If the car is really filthy or you just don't want to spend the time to wash it, pay a professional to come clean it rather than take it to a car wash.
Old 12-30-2013, 10:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 167 Likes on 133 Posts
2021 Porsche TTS
Just like Heisenberg said, it is easy to take care off.
I have the Chemical guys matte detailer and soap. I use Meguiars Quick detailer and wax (it is actually not wax but I called Mcguier and that is what they recommended for matte paints). I would venture to say it is the same stuff as it smells the same lol.
I carry the bottle with me in the trunk (the CLS has a neat OEM option for the trunk that is perfect to carry that stuff) and if I see that I have some bird dropping or similar, I just use the detailer and a microfiber towel to wipe it off.
I wash the car myself and apply the Meguiars wax.
Old 12-30-2013, 11:41 AM

2020 S63 Coupe, 2006 Hummer H1 Alpha, 2018 McLaren 720S, 2022 Porsche 911 TurboS, 2022 Tesla Model X
I have the Chemical guys matte detailer and soap. I use Meguiars Quick detailer and wax (it is actually not wax but I called Mcguier and that is what they recommended for matte paints). I would venture to say it is the same stuff as it smells the same lol.
I carry the bottle with me in the trunk (the CLS has a neat OEM option for the trunk that is perfect to carry that stuff) and if I see that I have some bird dropping or similar, I just use the detailer and a microfiber towel to wipe it off.
Can you post a pic of the exact 'wax' you use ? I have been afraid to apply any wax/protectant, unless it was from Swissvax or DrBeasleys and specially formulated for matte finishes. If the Meguiars product you use isn't making the paint glossy, I will give it a try.

Also it is worth nothing the Mercedes-Benz magno paints do indeed have a clear coat, so it is not true that bird droppings, bugs, etc will discolor the paint unless immediately removed. The clear coat is just applied with a rough texture to scatter light reflecting off the paint; typical waxes and sealants will fill in the rough texture making it smoother thus giving it reflective properties more like standard glossy paint.
Old 12-30-2013, 01:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
C218 CLS63TT PP Edition1, W213 E63S
I never apply anything, I just wash it and that's it. more than 2 years now without any problem, I wash it in autowash (water pressure) and handwash.

no scratches and nothing special.

this Matt is easy to maintain than the previous soft matt.
Old 06-11-2015, 06:30 AM

GLK350
Guys I need help ASAP! I'm getting the new C63 S AMG Edition 1 and it comes in two colors that i'm in love with. I fell in love with the Designo White Cashmere Matte finish on the E350, but the C63 has the designo white metallic... Are these two colors the same? that's what the sales person told me. Just one note the only thing that made me love the Cashmere white was that it was matte.
Old 02-08-2016, 12:30 PM

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts
w205 c400 c63s
Originally Posted by aalfulaij
Guys I need help ASAP! I'm getting the new C63 S AMG Edition 1 and it comes in two colors that i'm in love with. I fell in love with the Designo White Cashmere Matte finish on the E350, but the C63 has the designo white metallic... Are these two colors the same? that's what the sales person told me. Just one note the only thing that made me love the Cashmere white was that it was matte.
Hi did you buy the car already? am also planning to upgrade to c63s with the magno cashmere white in matte. how much for the matte option color. Would appreciate if you can post some pictures. Thanks a lot.
Old 02-08-2016, 12:32 PM

w205 c400 c63s

Hi are you using the red liquid bottle from Meguiars. what kind kind of wax are you using for MATTE. thanks
Old 02-08-2016, 12:42 PM

w205 c400 c63s
Originally Posted by Heisenberg
Can you post a pic of the exact 'wax' you use ? I have been afraid to apply any wax/protectant, unless it was from Swissvax or DrBeasleys and specially formulated for matte finishes. If the Meguiars product you use isn't making the paint glossy, I will give it a try.

Also it is worth nothing the Mercedes-Benz magno paints do indeed have a clear coat, so it is not true that bird droppings, bugs, etc will discolor the paint unless immediately removed. The clear coat is just applied with a rough texture to scatter light reflecting off the paint; typical waxes and sealants will fill in the rough texture making it smoother thus giving it reflective properties more like standard glossy paint.
Hi did you find out which kind of Meguiars wax and quick detailer to use for MaTTe colors. Also how much for the matte color option when you build your own at Mbusa. Thank you
Old 05-28-2016, 05:55 PM

Thought I'd post a long term follow-up for those who might search for info on the magno cashmere paint.

The magno cashmere white has held up great. The car will go returned to M-B this fall and looks just like it did when I got it back in November of 2013.

Some ******** rear ended me a few weeks ago while stopped at a red light. It was maybe a 3mph impact and he had insurance, so I was very lucky. His Hyundai Santa Fe was unscathed but my rear bumper was visibly damaged. I was very concerned about getting the paint matched.

A good local body shop did the repair and said getting the paint to match was the easy part; removing German bumper was the hard part. They got a new OEM bumper, painted it, and had it installed and ready to go in 36 hours. And it is a perfect match. So I would not be at all concerned about matching the magno paint in the event of body damage; I don't think it is any more difficult than another paint color.

One more observation... despite not installing a clear bra on my leased car, there are no visible rock chips to be found. I hear impacts occasionally when on the highway, so the finish seems quite resistant. The body shop said the factory paint is basically the same as regular Mercedes paint finish, with additional satin clear coats applied over it. He said there were a total of five clear coats atop the pigment layers. This results in a very thick layer that seems to do an exceptional job of protecting the paint itself.
Old 06-02-2016, 07:25 AM
AHI

Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts
AMG GTR
I'll agree on the easy paint match... I've had stuff repainted on my matte finished by a Mercedes body shop, and it's perfect.

However, I definitely do not think the matte finish is more resistant to stone chips as my GTS front bumper looked like a battle zone in the first three months. I had it repainted by them, and plan on protecting it now.

Originally Posted by Heisenberg
Thought I'd post a long term follow-up for those who might search for info on the magno cashmere paint.

The magno cashmere white has held up great. The car will go returned to M-B this fall and looks just like it did when I got it back in November of 2013.

Some ******** rear ended me a few weeks ago while stopped at a red light. It was maybe a 3mph impact and he had insurance, so I was very lucky. His Hyundai Santa Fe was unscathed but my rear bumper was visibly damaged. I was very concerned about getting the paint matched.

A good local body shop did the repair and said getting the paint to match was the easy part; removing German bumper was the hard part. They got a new OEM bumper, painted it, and had it installed and ready to go in 36 hours. And it is a perfect match. So I would not be at all concerned about matching the magno paint in the event of body damage; I don't think it is any more difficult than another paint color.

One more observation... despite not installing a clear bra on my leased car, there are no visible rock chips to be found. I hear impacts occasionally when on the highway, so the finish seems quite resistant. The body shop said the factory paint is basically the same as regular Mercedes paint finish, with additional satin clear coats applied over it. He said there were a total of five clear coats atop the pigment layers. This results in a very thick layer that seems to do an exceptional job of protecting the paint itself.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Thoughts of the Designo Magno Cashmere White Exterior Color Option