C218 CLS63, 2011 - 2019

Switzer CLS63 AMG Sport Exhaust - Comparison Video and Review

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 07:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 CLS63 AMG
Switzer CLS63 AMG Sport Exhaust - Comparison Video and Review

By far the best automotive purchase out of all I have made so far this year is the Switzer Sport Exhaust for my CLS63 AMG. I've always thought the car sounded weak stock. I was tempted to have a shop just cut the resonators out of it as the videos I saw made it sound better, but I didn't want to hack up the stock exhaust. I read earlier this year that Switzer, who I know well from their reputation in the GT-R world, was coming out with an exhaust, so I had to get one. I had it installed a couple months ago and took a quick video comparison of the sound, but I hadn't gotten a chance to post it until now. It was shot on a GoPro when it was snowing in March here in Chicago. The difference should be pretty obvious though.

The video is at:

I admit, I was skeptical when I first saw the pictures and the tips were oval. I wasn't sure if the oval tips were going to work in that space as the AMG exhaust fills it so well. However, I was wrong. It looks great and fills the space well. I think staggering of the tips helped with that. They also stick out the just the right amount from the car and the dark chrome finish is sexy.

As for sound, you can immediately tell the difference. The car is much, much deeper than before. It is also slightly louder. It sounds like a subwoofer on your exhaust idling to 1k, and you can feel the exhaust vibrations it in the car now subtlety. Love it. Deeper and more aggressive for sure. My wife loves how it sounds too. She was skeptical of making it louder at all, but when she drove it she said it made her feel like the car was super powerful and gave her goosebumps and she liked that. Unquestionably better sound than stock. One of the best exhausts I've ever heard.

I haven't dyno'd the car since installing the exhaust, but according to this dyno http://switzerperformanceinnovation....chment_id=2965 Switzer picked up 35whp and 30tq over stock. I completely believe that and it could be even more on a tuned car.

The build quality is top notch, check the pics at http://switzerperformanceinnovation.com/web_en/?p=2952 . My installer said fitment was great, no issues at all.

I'll post some pics in here soon.
Old 06-03-2013, 07:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 CLS63 AMG
Some pics. These were taken right after the car was washed, but the salt on the streets is brutal here.