2014 CLS63 order, comparison with competitors

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-12-2013, 02:19 PM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,353 Likes on 2,807 Posts
2012 CLS63
Originally Posted by Ryan1
I wish I had a way to do renderings of the various wheels on my exact car. Would be really nice to be able to see various colors/styles on an Iridium Silver car. Any Suggestions?

Also, I am looking for referrals to a good shop(s) in the Dallas area. Upon delivery, I will most likely be looking to do an ECU tune, lowering module, and perhaps a carbon fiber rear diffuser. Thanks.
my cls is Iridium too, and with that being said I am on my third set: stock forged, look nice, Vossen CV1's, also nice because of the 10 spokes, and currently have hre p40sc in tint brush finish, and had the same wheel in satin silver before that......I think you'd be hard pressed to find a color that wouldn't look good on this color car, guess it boils down to what you like the best.......here are the ones I mentioned: , except for the stock ones

p40sc tint brush clear

vossen cv1's

satin silver p40sc
Old 07-12-2013, 02:33 PM
Administrator

Received 795 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Hyp at least lower it with photoshop.... please

I used manners
Old 07-12-2013, 03:47 PM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,353 Likes on 2,807 Posts
2012 CLS63
LOL, did you know I actually considered that.......

HAHA
Old 08-06-2013, 07:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
N/A
Originally Posted by Pertplus
Did you honestly just post some ridiculously long thread about what luxury car you are going to buy and then had the chutzpah to write:

"Sadly I'm a physician in the era of Obamacare and not a pro athlete, so I need to pretend this does not exist."

Even as a joke you sound like a male Marie Antoinette....god forbid we live in a society where a physician can't afford the same vehicles as a retired NBA star! Perish the thought! Hopefully you don't live here in California with such Obama tax victims as Phil Mickelson and everyone living in Newport Beach. Paraphrasing the great MLK, "I had a dream, where one day, rich doctors could pontificate on which European luxury car to purchase. Where they won't be judged by the color of their designo paint but by the content of their performance package."

Sorry for the rant...actually no I'm not. Good luck with your upcoming purchase and may your malpractice premiums not infringe on your Ski Trips to the Swiss Alps and your butlers' 401k plans. I may be an unabashed as*hole, but I'd rather be that than a giant "cement truck of douche" that feels the need to shameless namedrop Mike Bibby. Too bad you don't make enough money to buy a house near Kerry Kittles or Damon Stoudemire's cousin.

Do yourself a favor, buy yourself a convertible Crossfire, go to Brooks Brothers and purchase a sweater to wrap around your neck, and drive around poor neighborhoods throwing pennies everywhere and laughing like an inbred descendent of Thurston Howell III.
holy ****....I thought I have received my fair share of abuse from pertplus until I read I this. Good god....I have to say I am now fully content with the jabbing, or lack therefore, incurred from lord pert
Old 03-24-2014, 10:27 PM

2008 Land Cruiser, 2013 ML63 PP
[QUOTE=Pertplus;5707978]Did you honestly just post some ridiculously long thread about what luxury car you are going to buy and then had the chutzpah to write:

"Sadly I'm a physician in the era of Obamacare and not a pro athlete, so I need to pretend this does not exist."

Even as a joke you sound like a male Marie Antoinette....god forbid we live in a society where a physician can't afford the same vehicles as a retired NBA star! Perish the thought! Hopefully you don't live here in California with such Obama tax victims as Phil Mickelson and everyone living in Newport Beach. Paraphrasing the great MLK, "I had a dream, where one day, rich doctors could pontificate on which European luxury car to purchase. Where they won't be judged by the color of their designo paint but by the content of their performance package."

Sorry for the rant...actually no I'm not. Good luck with your upcoming purchase and may your malpractice premiums not infringe on your Ski Trips to the Swiss Alps and your butlers' 401k plans. I may be an unabashed as*hole, but I'd rather be that than a giant "cement truck of douche" that feels the need to shameless namedrop Mike Bibby. Too bad you don't make enough money to buy a house near Kerry Kittles or Damon Stoudemire's cousin.

Do yourself a favor, buy yourself a convertible Crossfire, go to Brooks Brothers and purchase a sweater to wrap around your neck, and drive around poor neighborhoods throwing pennies everywhere and laughing like an inbred descendent of Thurston Howell

As a physician I have yet to meet any other physician who goes on fancy ski trips in the Swiss Alps or have butlers. You must believe everything you see on tv. I used to live in the Bay Area and had to move the family out as we couldn't afford the lifestyle we wanted with the lack of physician pay and high taxes Cali comes with. I personally know 15 physicians who left about the same time as us back in 2010 because of Cali taxes and crap pay. Your health system is going into the crapper and the only ones who can afford to stay must be trust fund babies if they want to live in desirable cities there.

I'm not surprised if you're a lawyer as most of the ones I know are greasy ambulance chasing liberals who think they are so smart but in reality are the least liked humans on earth. Gotta be proud of that stigma ;-)

Last edited by Rockymtnjoy; 03-24-2014 at 11:15 PM.
Old 03-24-2014, 10:45 PM

2008 Land Cruiser, 2013 ML63 PP
Originally Posted by CLSzealot
I agree completely. I feel privileged even be shopping for such a fine vehicle, which I fully realize is beyond the scope for most. I did not want to come across as a malcontent crybaby about my livelihood. I still get paid well, and sleep better at night knowing that I spend my days doing something benevolent, rather than screwing people over, ripping them off, or making their life miserable.

That said, it is very sad to see the medical field getting progressively crushed by price fixing and excessive regulations dictated by legislation written by special interests, named in doublespeak, which will accomplish nothing except increase cost, limit access, and reduce quality not to mention further empower the IRS to collect and abuse personal data to intimidate potential enemies upon demand.

For any attorneys who are disgusted by my rant, consider if similar legislation were enacted to control legal costs. How would you feel if you could only bill $75/hr instead of $400/hr for a divorce or criminal case ? Win a personal injury case, get a flat fee of $1,000. Of course those figures are subject to double digit percentage cuts anytime too much is getting spent or there is a need to redistribute more wealth. Bill out a minute more time than actually used, or get caught using a paralegal to do something you should have done or billed for yourself, well you're now guilty of fraud and fined tens of thousands of dollars per instance, not to mention potential jail time and loss of your license. And be aware your accounts receivable will be frozen occasionally for an indefinite period of time if there are problems processing claims or codes change. Of course, this will never happen, given the prevalent profession of those writing the laws or our land.
Well said! Obama is bad for the medical profession. I used to want my young girls to be docs but with the profession getting beat up, I will push them another direction. Sad :-(