C218 CLS63, 2011 - 2019

WEISTEC Tune and Spark Plug Concerns M157TT Engine

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-24-2013, 01:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'13 CLS63 PP, '16 Huracan , '11 RR Ghost
Exclamation WEISTEC Tune and Spark Plug Concerns M157TT Engine

So, I was cruising today in my car (Weistec tuned + spark plugs for almost 3 months) and suddenly the car started to drive funny.. I decided to go to my friend's shop to get it checked. While driving there, car is vibrating at idle in sequence like vibrate..............vibrate................vibrat e.......Got it checked -- misfire at cylinder 7 and he said spark plugs failed then check engine light came on. Since he is closing, I took a risk to drive it back home (about 8 miles distance), vibration got worse and car seem hesitated to move below 30mph. Thank God I made it home safely and the car didn't go to limp mode. I'm going to switch the spark plugs back to stock tomorrow and see what happen. IF problem persist I will take this matter further or change to Renntech if I have to and compare them.

I received no reply from Weistec and my shop actually contacted Weistec after Shift S3ctor with no luck as well. At this point, I'm totally dissapointed that I went with Weistec cause of their poor customer service and lack of responsibility.

Anyone have insight on this?

Last edited by Vic55; 10-25-2013 at 01:22 PM.
Old 10-24-2013, 01:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'13 CLS63 PP
Sorry about your car bro, misfire will always get the car to vibrate really bad makes think the engine going to blow up. I had similar problem with spark plugs I went with 3 sets of spark plugs with OE tuning and 1 set with Weistec tune after I change to Weistec spark plugs everything went smooth. Also coils could be a problem with these engine

Do you have Weistec spark plugs ? What codes check engine you got ?

I hope you get this problem resolved
Old 10-24-2013, 09:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 167 Likes on 133 Posts
2021 Porsche TTS
Sorry to hear that. This kind of stuff scares me and I am crossing my fingers it does not happen to me. Only had my Eurocharged tune for less than a month.
Renntech or any other tuners are not immune to this incident either. Customer service is key though and Renntech is top notch.
I still wonder if the issue is related to the fact that tuners are pushing the limit on the parameters. Renntech only had one tune for the M157 and they came up with an intermediate lower power one.
What year is your car? Jerry from EC has a theory that it is only happening to first year cars (2012) and MB did some changes in 2013 (at least on the CLS).
Please keep us informed about your progress.
Old 10-24-2013, 04:42 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 29 Likes on 10 Posts
Weistec
Originally Posted by E-SICKTY3
So, I was cruising today in my car (Weistec tuned + spark plugs for almost 3 months) and suddenly the car started to drive funny.. I decided to go to my friend's shop to get it checked. While driving there, car is vibrating at idle in sequence like vibrate..............vibrate................vibrat e.......Got it checked -- misfire at cylinder 7 and he said spark plugs failed then check engine light came on. Since he is closing, I took a risk to drive it back home (about 8 miles distance), vibration got worse and car seem hesitated to move below 30mph. Thank God I made it home safely and the car didn't go to limp mode. I'm going to switch the spark plugs back to stock tomorrow and see what happen. IF problem persist I will take this matter further or change to Renntech if I have to and compare them.

I received no reply from Weistec and my shop actually contacted Weistec after Shift S3ctor with no luck as well. At this point, I'm totally dissapointed that I went with Weistec cause of their poor customer service and lack of responsibility.

Hi E-SIXTY3 we apologize for this. We want all of our customers to have a positive experience with our products. We have not received any contact from the installing shop (or anyone in this matter) after shift sector. Based on the data we retrieved from shift sector, your CLS had higher than normal intake temperatures, and this causing a loss in power. Was this ever looked into?

In regards to the misfire, the installer did not gap the spark plugs correctly and we notified them to remove them and gap the plugs. The spark plug is not easy to reach and it could have been damaged during the re-installation. Either way we are happy to send you a new set to fix this issue. Please call us and we will take care of this immediately. Thank you.

Weistec Engineering
Old 10-24-2013, 06:27 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
08 E 6point3-sold- 11 caddy cts-v-sold, 2012 E63 Palladium Silver
limp mode

whenver the car starts vibrating and you can go faster than 30 miles per hour your car is in limp mode. Normally you will hear a loud thump before the misfire.

A re-cycle of the engine normally takes the car out of limp mode if you didnt blow a plug.

Samething happened with me driving back from Santana Row. Couldnt go faster than 30 mph on the freeway. pretty scary since my baby was in the car.

Sometimes I wonder if tuning the car was worth it. After my retune with EC i have not had any problems.

I am still running the stock plugs

Old 10-24-2013, 07:27 PM
Super Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
GMC - Miata - Trek - P-Car
Yeah these engines have been known (via forum members’ personal accounts) to have spark plugs that eat themselves, albeit rarely. Even aftermarket plugs, too.
Additional temperature and BMEP over OE may be a contributing factor toward plug failure and the ensuing misfire in this instance…I don’t know.

Good luck with yours and keep us posted. Thanks.
Old 10-24-2013, 07:45 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Audi A4
I think the title of your thread is misleading-- how is this a "Weistec failure" again?
Old 10-24-2013, 07:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
SLK55 AMG - Renntech Supercharged

Damn, you don't hesitate at all to throw a company under the bus, do you? How are you going to feel if you find out the issue is something completely unrelated to Weistec after disparaging them?

Last edited by Grip Grip; 10-24-2013 at 07:57 PM.
Old 10-24-2013, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by Faris63
Sorry about your car bro, misfire will always get the car to vibrate really bad makes think the engine going to blow up. I had similar problem with spark plugs I went with 3 sets of spark plugs with OE tuning and 1 set with Weistec tune after I change to Weistec spark plugs everything went smooth. Also coils could be a problem with these engine

Do you have Weistec spark plugs ? What codes check engine you got ?

I hope you get this problem resolved
Yes, Weistec spark plugs. He didn't tell me the exact check engine codes but he did tell me misfire at cylinder 7 then check engine light came on.

Got the spark plugs out -- spark plug at cylinder 7 is broken (white part at the tip is moving).

Originally Posted by emericr
Sorry to hear that. This kind of stuff scares me and I am crossing my fingers it does not happen to me. Only had my Eurocharged tune for less than a month.
Renntech or any other tuners are not immune to this incident either. Customer service is key though and Renntech is top notch.
I still wonder if the issue is related to the fact that tuners are pushing the limit on the parameters. Renntech only had one tune for the M157 and they came up with an intermediate lower power one.
What year is your car? Jerry from EC has a theory that it is only happening to first year cars (2012) and MB did some changes in 2013 (at least on the CLS).
Please keep us informed about your progress.
I understand that any tuners are not immune to this, but I totally agree with you that customer service is key. Hence, I brought this up since I received no reply from Weistec.

Car is 2013.

Originally Posted by Weistec
Hi E-SIXTY3 we apologize for this. We want all of our customers to have a positive experience with our products. We have not received any contact from the installing shop (or anyone in this matter) after shift sector. Based on the data we retrieved from shift sector, your CLS had higher than normal intake temperatures, and this causing a loss in power. Was this ever looked into?

In regards to the misfire, the installer did not gap the spark plugs correctly and we notified them to remove them and gap the plugs. The spark plug is not easy to reach and it could have been damaged during the re-installation. Either way we are happy to send you a new set to fix this issue. Please call us and we will take care of this immediately. Thank you.

Weistec Engineering
This is the second time that you guys said you didn't receive any contact from us. My shop called and spoke to two different guys over at Weistec regarding the issue. First about the dyno numbers then about this and you said that you did not receive any contact about the dyno numbers last time and now this. My guess is, the information never reach Steve since Steve is the one who is trying to take care of the issue lately..

However, I got the intercooler pump checked and it is running fine. In regards to high intake temperature.. I know that might be the issue causing the car to not run properly, but if I bring it to the dealer -- they will ask me how do I know? how do I justify it to them? and how do you justify that based on the information that you got?

That is true that the misfire was first caused by not gapping the spark plugs but they gapped the spark plugs and no misfire until today. Got it checked and spark plug at cylinder 7 broke (white part on the tip is moving) causing the misfire.

Originally Posted by drop997stop
whenver the car starts vibrating and you can go faster than 30 miles per hour your car is in limp mode. Normally you will hear a loud thump before the misfire.

A re-cycle of the engine normally takes the car out of limp mode if you didnt blow a plug.

Samething happened with me driving back from Santana Row. Couldnt go faster than 30 mph on the freeway. pretty scary since my baby was in the car.

Sometimes I wonder if tuning the car was worth it. After my retune with EC i have not had any problems.

I am still running the stock plugs
I got lucky that there was traffic on the way back, basically I drove no more than 30mph. Driving to the shop was scary.

I know, I was hesitant to tune my car -- but the power gain is worth it if tuned properly with no problem.

Originally Posted by Prada
I think the title of your thread is misleading-- how is this a "Weistec failure" again?
Originally Posted by Grip Grip
Damn, you don't hesitate at all to throw a company under the bus, do you? How are you going to feel if you find out the issue is something completely unrelated to Weistec after disparaging them?
First of all, my intention was not to bring a company under the bus.

First, I got my car tuned at Weistec facility (personally drove there) waited about 2 hours or so to get it done. Then dynoed the car back at local shop and got low results (see my previous post regarding the weird numbers).

Second, I contacted Weistec and got the ECU sent back to them. Got it back and got it dynoed -- still low numbers.

So, I brought my car to Shift S3ctor to actually test it and met with Steve. Got my car diagnosed and he said my intake temperature was too high causing my car to not run properly and he asked to put in Race Gas to trap higher speed (which I didn't do since I wouldn't be running race gas on my normal driving days) but he offered me no solution at all. I posted this issue on another thread and they would take care of me if I'm in the area. Which doesn't make sense for me to drive there AGAIN if I don't have anything to do that could be a "one-way" trip.

I received no reply on the other thread regarding the issue. Waited days for it. Then my car started to misfire yesterday and I took the risk to drive it back home since that is my only option at that time. The reason I posted this thread is because they are not handling the issue (they left me hanging until my last post) and I did not receive any reply from them until today that I posted this thread which its been days otherwise I would still be left hanging. I think this is fair for me to do. I'm just trying to get the issue fixed and handled. I'm sorry if the title is too harsh or anything -- it is just coming out of my frustration of their failure to handle the issue. I actually got it towed to the shop today to get the spark plugs changed too. You would be frustrated as well if you were in my shoes under the same circumstances.

Last edited by E-SICKTY3; 10-25-2013 at 03:40 AM.
Old 10-25-2013, 01:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts
i drive them all, fast and hard
every time im close to doing a tune...these threads make me back away....

hopefully weistec will remedy the situation....they seem like nice chaps
Old 10-25-2013, 10:21 AM
Administrator

Received 795 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by splinter
Yeah these engines have been known (via forum members’ personal accounts) to have spark plugs that eat themselves, albeit rarely. Even aftermarket plugs, too.
Additional temperature and BMEP over OE may be a contributing factor toward plug failure and the ensuing misfire in this instance…I don’t know.

Good luck with yours and keep us posted. Thanks.
Originally Posted by vdubpower

Par for the course when modding--- its just not factory anymore. I take the same chance because the enjoyment of the performance far outweighs the potential down time incorporated with a mod that causes issues....... for me.

I do choose my tuner wisely so that I can ensure that if there are issues I can get the service and repair needed. The guys at Weistec have always been good to me and have a good reputation in my local community. Its too bad that bad news travels so much faster than that of good news.

to the OP: you will get this fixed and you will be crushing the roads soon enough.
Old 10-25-2013, 10:44 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Vic55
Par for the course when modding--- its just not factory anymore. I take the same chance because the enjoyment of the performance far outweighs the potential down time incorporated with a mod that causes issues....... for me.
Yeah we all know that going in. Can I afford economically and logistically to render this car into a useless smoldering heap?

Of course my thoroughbreds aren’t a sexy as yours, but I’m almost offended bone stock highway machines. :)
Old 10-25-2013, 11:03 AM
Administrator

2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by splinter
Yeah we all know that going in. Can I afford economically and logistically to render this car into a useless smoldering heap?

Of course my thoroughbreds aren’t a sexy as yours, but I’m almost offended bone stock highway machines.
LOL ---- stock sux!!!!! at worst I tell all my friends to tint those windows!!!!!
Old 10-25-2013, 11:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by vdubpower

There are always concerns when tuning a car, is it a safe tune, is it a good tuner, what happens if something goes wrong and my warranty is gone? All totally normal logical questions. Theres is always going to be a risk, if you want to play you have to be willing to pay. you can minimize the risk by only dealing with proven and reputible products and companies.

Now to the OP, the title of this thread is a bit misleading

What I can tell you from my own personal experience is that Wesitec stands behind their product and service better than any company I have ever dealt with and over the years I have dealt with plenty of tuners, big and small. How many tuners do you know would fly half way across the country on their own dime to diagnose and fix a problem with a customers car and after two days of working on the car they discovered it was a faulty cracked header that they did not manufacture or install and then not even charge the customer? On another instance they flew 2000 miles to to a shop doing an install of one of their blowers that could not get the car to run and it turns out the installer had the o2 sensors in the wrong order. I don't think that many tuners take that kind of actions to ensure customer satisfaction these days.

I believe the OP when he says he got a bad or faulty spark plug, $h!t happens. What I do not believe is that Wesitec did not respond or return phone calls to him or his installers shop. Over the years I have become friends with the guys from Wesitec and I have seen how serious they take their work and their customers and their name/reputation. I have seen Steve excuse himself from dinner in Las Vegas at 10:00pm on a Saturday night to take a customers phone call from Dubai. I have seen them working at 9:00pm on a Friday night on customers cars, I have seen them and their employees working on my own personal vehicle on a holiday(Memorial Day) to ensure I could make an event a couple days later. They simply would not avoid a phone call from a customer with a faulty spark plug so I call BS on this thread all together

I just sent my brand new $300k SLS BS to them for a 3.0L blower install, yes, that's right I just voided the warranty on a three week old $300K car and I do not have a concern or worry in the world about the quality of work or product coming out of Weistecs shop. This will be my 5th Weistec supercharger unit so I think I speak from experience.

Last edited by jrcart; 10-25-2013 at 11:06 AM.
Old 10-25-2013, 12:29 PM

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts
2018 S 650, 2014 SL 550, 2017 911 TTS Cab, '13 F458 Spider
Originally Posted by jrcart
There are always concerns when tuning a car, is it a safe tune, is it a good tuner, what happens if something goes wrong and my warranty is gone? All totally normal logical questions. Theres is always going to be a risk, if you want to play you have to be willing to pay. you can minimize the risk by only dealing with proven and reputible products and companies.

What I can tell you from my own personal experience is that Wesitec stands behind their product and service better than any company I have ever dealt with and over the years I have dealt with plenty of tuners, big and small. How many tuners do you know would fly half way across the country on their own dime to diagnose and fix a problem with a customers car and after two days of working on the car they discovered it was a faulty cracked header that they did not manufacture or install and then not even charge the customer? On another instance they flew 2000 miles to to a shop doing an install of one of their blowers that could not get the car to run and it turns out the installer had the o2 sensors in the wrong order. I don't think that many tuners take that kind of actions to ensure customer satisfaction these days.

I believe the OP when he says he got a bad or faulty spark plug, $h!t happens. What I do not believe is that Wesitec did not respond or return phone calls to him or his installers shop. Over the years I have become friends with the guys from Wesitec and I have seen how serious they take their work and their customers and their name/reputation. I have seen Steve excuse himself from dinner in Las Vegas at 10:00pm on a Saturday night to take a customers phone call from Dubai. I have seen them working at 9:00pm on a Friday night on customers cars, I have seen them and their employees working on my own personal vehicle on a holiday(Memorial Day) to ensure I could make an event a couple days later. They simply would not avoid a phone call from a customer with a faulty spark plug so I call BS on this thread all together

I just sent my brand new $300k SLS BS to them for a 3.0L blower install, yes, that's right I just voided the warranty on a three week old $300K car and I do not have a concern or worry in the world about the quality of work or product coming out of Weistecs shop. This will be my 5th Weistec supercharger unit so I think I speak from experience.
that is the best testimonial a company could ever have
Old 10-25-2013, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by jrcart

I understand that you have a great experience with Weistec, I've seen from your C63 Black Series, now your SLS black series and probably your previous cars. You can call this thread BS or whatever. My experience with Weistec is not made up and it is truly honest and true that it is the experience that I got from Weistec. As for the title thread -- I will get it fixed from admin to avoid being misleading then.

Yes it might be a bad or faulty spark plugs but what if its not? -- I used their spark plugs even before I got my car tuned and it was running perfectly for hundreds of miles driven hard. Then from the dyno numbers (which are low), Weistec said dyno might be broken -- I couldn't get any info on whats wrong until Shift S3ctor. While at Shift S3ctor, a new issue came up with my air intake temperature being too high. IF my air intake temperature was too high than other cars (40 degrees hotter per Steve) then I would lose power before I even tune my car right? but I was neck to neck with the exact same stock CLS63 with PP. So, this raise a question what causes the spark plug to break?

IF they are willing to flew 2000miles out of their expense -- why wouldn't they take care of this? I live 380miles (driving distance) from them. Plus Steve once said at Shift S3ctor they got any tools needed to make changes if any but their post stated they don't have enough tools while at Shift S3ctor to solve the issue. Based on your experience, then they should have handled my issue easily. Instead I was left hanging until I posted this thread -- I've been trying to solve this myself with my shop, went back and forth and even contacting MB technicians. I was lucky that I didn't drive the car hard that particular day -- or it might end up bad in the middle of the highway. Who knows Nobody wouldn't want that to happen.
Old 10-25-2013, 01:31 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 29 Likes on 10 Posts
Weistec
I understand that you have a great experience with Weistec, I've seen from your C63 Black Series, now your SLS black series and probably your previous cars. You can call this thread BS or whatever. My experience with Weistec is not made up and it is truly honest and true that it is the experience that I got from Weistec. As for the title thread -- I will get it fixed from admin to avoid being misleading then.

Yes it might be a bad or faulty spark plugs but what if its not? -- I used their spark plugs even before I got my car tuned and it was running perfectly for hundreds of miles driven hard. Then from the dyno numbers (which are low), Weistec said dyno might be broken -- I couldn't get any info on whats wrong until Shift S3ctor. While at Shift S3ctor, a new issue came up with my air intake temperature being too high. IF my air intake temperature was too high than other cars (40 degrees hotter per Steve) then I would lose power before I even tune my car right? but I was neck to neck with the exact same stock CLS63 with PP. So, this raise a question what causes the spark plug to break?

IF they are willing to flew 2000miles out of their expense -- why wouldn't they take care of this? I live 380miles (driving distance) from them. Plus Steve once said at Shift S3ctor they got any tools needed to make changes if any but their post stated they don't have enough tools while at Shift S3ctor to solve the issue. Based on your experience, then they should have handled my issue easily. Instead I was left hanging until I posted this thread -- I've been trying to solve this myself with my shop, went back and forth and even contacting MB technicians. I was lucky that I didn't drive the car hard that particular day -- or it might end up bad in the middle of the highway. Who knows Nobody wouldn't want that to happen.
With all do respect you are very mistaken. I have spoken to the installing shop several times regarding your CLS63 and this is before shift sector, during shift sector, and after shift sector. If any part we supplied was an issue I offered to send them over free of charge to get the car fixed. Do you think a set of spark plugs is worth you getting on the forums and speaking negatively?

You personally have never called or emailed about your car. The installing shop initially did after the dyno run, and I came back with a few questions that weren't exactly answered to the best extent. If you want the problem to be fixed you have to be a little more willing to accommodate.

If the spark plug was broken, it was an installation error. Over torquing the plug will cause the ceramic to break off and slide down. This is a science at this point and this is why we have specific instructions for all of our parts. These instructions were not followed the first time your plugs were installed (honestly no big deal) and they had to remove them. Removing and installing plugs over again increases the odds of something happening.

At this point I made sure to send a set of spark plugs for your car that are pre-gapped to alleviate any installation error. You still need to figure out the heating issue as well. This isn't a made up problem. If you want to bring it to our facility, we would be happy to take a look at it and understand what the problem is. There is a reason why a 2012 S63 with our tune and filters was running faster than your CLS63 with our tune and filter, both at shift sector. Good luck and I will be sure to contact the installing shop today to check on progress.

Steve @ Weistec
Old 10-25-2013, 02:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series

I said the title of the thread is BS. I do not doubt you had an issue with a faulty spark plug but I stick by my words that it's doubtful that they would not return a simple phone call to you or your shop for any reason, let alone and damn spark plug. Did you yourself attempt to call them with no return call or did your shop claim they called but never got a return call?

I am not saying they make house calls to every customer they deal with, how on earth would they get anything done or stay in business? I was just showing you two examples(I am sure there are more) that I was familar with in which they went above and beyond.

You said it yourself that you used the spark plugs with no issues for several hundred miles. The simple fact that you drove your car 8-10 miles in limp mode tells me what type of person you are and I think it shows many people reading this thread what type of a person you are.

As for what tools they may or may not have had at Shift Sector, I would probably guess they did not have all that many tools considering they were using my trailer and the tool box I have in there is less than impressive to say the very least.

Now I am going to butt out and let you deal with them and get this sorted but I just felt the need to chime in and let others who might read this thread know about the real Wesitec Engineering and how seriously they take things. They have a lot of satisfied customer and a couple handfuls of customers such as myself that have purchased parts for more than one vehicle from them, I can name five people that frequent this site that have purchased two or more supercharger systems from them, repeat business like that does not happen by accident.
Old 10-25-2013, 03:18 PM

The car didn't go to limp mode.

Honestly, there is a gap that needs to be filled here. I will not talk further to avoid any false information being carried out hereafter. So I decided to go offline with this matter for now, and will get back with updates after this issue is resolved.
Old 10-25-2013, 05:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 167 Likes on 133 Posts
2021 Porsche TTS
It is amazing on how members make assumptions on stuff they do not know.
Here are some known facts:
-Wesitec is a reputable tuner and many members have had great customer service.
-E-sticky has a problem with a Weistec tune and parts. E-sticky feels he is not given the adequate customer service.
-An existing client spending $50K (throwing a number out there for discussion's sake) with any vendor will get "platinum" i.e. much better service than someone spending $5K.
-Weistec has offered to look at the car to fix the issue. Reasonable offer.
-OP has decided to hold its thoughts till further notice: Reasonable decision.
Let's see what comes up.
Old 10-28-2013, 01:06 AM

2012 CLS 63 AMG P30 Palladium Silver , Weistec Tune, Weistec Air Filters
I have a Weistec tune on my 2012 CLS 63 and it is *ucking fast and reliable -16000 miles since tune. In fact, I just hit 172mph - see my other post with speedometer pic (taken yesterday). My opinion- they do a great job, very professional.
Old 10-29-2013, 12:16 AM

Arrow Public forum

Sticking my neck out but this is a public forum and esixty three has the right to tell his story.

He has issues that are not resolved yet. He went public as a last resort for the tuner to respond. It worked. Whether you as a consumer want discuss your issues on the forums is your choice. I hope more car owners do the same so the public know what they are getting into.

I have learned a lot from the forums from those willing to share.

I know esixty three and he is pretty easy going. This issue must of gotten no where to got this point. Hope the problem is fixed

Last edited by drop997stop; 10-29-2013 at 12:21 AM. Reason: Error
Old 10-29-2013, 02:01 PM
Super Moderator

Sticking my neck out but this is a public forum and esixty three has the right to tell his story.

He has issues that are not resolved yet. He went public as a last resort for the tuner to respond. It worked. Whether you as a consumer want discuss your issues on the forums is your choice. I hope more car owners do the same so the public know what they are getting into.

I know esixty three and he is pretty easy going. This issue must of gotten no where to got this point. Hope the problem is fixed
^ Mr. drop997stop gets it.

Personal and vendor experiences, be they good, bad, or indifferent are precisely why many participate on this and various other public forums.
It’s owing to those exchanges why I ‘invest’ discretionary leisure time amongst others in the peanut gallery.

Until I’m unceremoniously shown the door out of here, that’ll be standard operating procedure on MBW for the foreseeable future, too. :y
Old 10-29-2013, 03:03 PM
Administrator

As stated above this make sense but.......... who is the retailer here? Was the tune purchased directly by Weistec? Does the retailer hold the responsibility or the manufacturer. When I tune my cars outside of a direct wholesaler like OE; I hold my retailer repsonsible as they put their feet into the shoes of the person who handles the problems. It appears here that the OP bought a tune from an authorized retailer right? So the OP's beef could be with them too or at least it should start there.

The retailer should be working out the kinks of the tune and/or possible issues.

When I buy my wheels from the HRE retailer- I expect the retailer to handle the issues (if any)... When I buy a laptop or cell phone from a retailer do I go thru the manufacturer? NO... but Im sure we can all come with both sides of the coin on this. Im just saying there are other people who should be assisting the OP here. There was also plug installs no?
Old 10-29-2013, 05:13 PM

dealer

I beleive the retailer and the manafacture hold responsibility together equally. The manafacture chooses the dealers they work with and they should be trained properly since they are a direct reflection of the manafacturer.

WE dont have many tuners up north and I beleive the one he went too is the best. They tune almost all the cars up here.

This issue comes down to customer service and how far a manafacure is willing to take it to resolve the problem.

I had tune issues like almost everybody else on the forums. I decided to let my tuner have the chance to fix the problem before I starting posting online. They fixed the problem

The customer service I receieved was great and there was no need to post on a public forum.

My car has had misfires before and its a pretty scary situation escpecially when you are far from home.

I thinkt E63 car was actually tuned at Wesitec from what I read

Originally Posted by Vic55
As stated above this make sense but.......... who is the retailer here? Was the tune purchased directly by Weistec? Does the retailer hold the responsibility or the manufacturer. When I tune my cars outside of a direct wholesaler like OE; I hold my retailer repsonsible as they put their feet into the shoes of the person who handles the problems. It appears here that the OP bought a tune from an authorized retailer right? So the OP's beef could be with them too or at least it should start there.

The retailer should be working out the kinks of the tune and/or possible issues.

When I buy my wheels from the HRE retailer- I expect the retailer to handle the issues (if any)... When I buy a laptop or cell phone from a retailer do I go thru the manufacturer? NO... but Im sure we can all come with both sides of the coin on this. Im just saying there are other people who should be assisting the OP here. There was also plug installs no?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: WEISTEC Tune and Spark Plug Concerns M157TT Engine