C218 CLS63, 2011 - 2019

K&N Air Filters

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-25-2015, 06:04 PM

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
2018 GLS 63
Exclamation K&N Air Filters

Just a heads up for all of you. Do me a favor and take a look at your filters.

I went out and got some new filters to install today. I figured that since the Benz just had it's service, they would've checked the filters. WRONG! Well I'm either wrong or they are blind...

Install went extremely easy. I took someone else advice on here and laid the K&N's out over a paper towel for a bit to let some of the excess oil drain off. Worked...

So below are the pictures of the filters and what came out of them when I turned them over.

So again, please take a look. No one needs that crap going into their engine!

Old 05-07-2015, 12:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 CLS63 AMG
Just did mine yesterday as well. What makes it take longer than needed is they have the damn torx bolts upside down, so must remove the intake hoses and flip it just to put them in. grrr. Longest part was removing my carbon fiber engine cover without busting it because the clips were a little tight and didn't want to break it. I saw your side markers..I did the same, but used the smoked lenses. Lowering it on Friday with spacers, will post before and after pics when done. =0)
Old 05-07-2015, 03:48 PM

Received 239 Likes on 152 Posts
'19 CLS53, '19 SL550, '22 GLE53
Originally Posted by Mapkos13
I took someone else advice on here and laid the K&N's out over a paper towel for a bit to let some of the excess oil drain off.
We ran K&Ns on our race cars but we cleaned them with carb cleaner and oiled them prior to every race -- OK on a race car with frequent maintenance, but IMHO, not suitable on a street car unless they are VERY regularly cleaned and oiled. Stick with the stock filters to preserve your engine unless you are very meticulous.
Old 05-07-2015, 04:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 CLS63 AMG
Understandable, but may depend on your location. In dusty desert environment, probably clog up quick. I'm in Hawaii, I've had my other vehicles with K&N's, I check them often, and nothing there, so I check them less now. Still, as often as with any paper filter.