C218 CLS63, 2011 - 2019

Intelligent Lighting and Adapative Lighting Systems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2016, 08:09 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Mercedes W212
Intelligent Lighting and Adapative Lighting Systems

I have a Mercedes CLS 220 CDi (W218 : 2015 model) with the full Comand (NTG 4.5) and LED Intelligent Lighting / Adaptive lighting systems.

Recently my Adaptive Lighting and Intelligent Lighting system has been showing error messages in the central display. After some "detective" work I realised that this had happened following a recent download of POIs to the Comand system and adding this to my PersonalPOI folder on my Music SD Card. The Comand system continued to work just fine - just the LED Intelligent Lighting and Adaptive Lighting systems (auto main beam) would not engage. I have gone over what seems to be the threshold of about 200 POIs (400 with bitmap files). I had in fact got 254. Reducing these to under 200 has cleared the problem. I have taken this down to<200 to be on the safe side. There may be an issue also with file sizes too (camera and mobile cameras are about 6 Mb each so I will only include just the local ones (UK) in future).

So far, so good after 48 hours and several night time trips with Intelligent and Adaptive lighting fully working (and no warning messages). Once you have had these features it is really hard to do without them. My wife's new (2016) Land Rover Discovery also has auto LED lamps but they are not a patch on the amazing MB system!

Last edited by philipgsmith; 01-26-2016 at 11:42 AM. Reason: typos
Old 01-25-2016, 11:27 AM
Super Moderator

Received 712 Likes on 693 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
moved to W218 AMG forum...
Old 05-04-2019, 06:42 PM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
S550
Originally Posted by philipgsmith
I have a Mercedes CLS 220 CDi (W218 : 2015 model) with the full Comand (NTG 4.5) and LED Intelligent Lighting / Adaptive lighting systems.

Recently my Adaptive Lighting and Intelligent Lighting system has been showing error messages in the central display. After some "detective" work I realised that this had happened following a recent download of POIs to the Comand system and adding this to my PersonalPOI folder on my Music SD Card. The Comand system continued to work just fine - just the LED Intelligent Lighting and Adaptive Lighting systems (auto main beam) would not engage. I have gone over what seems to be the threshold of about 200 POIs (400 with bitmap files). I had in fact got 254. Reducing these to under 200 has cleared the problem. I have taken this down to<200 to be on the safe side. There may be an issue also with file sizes too (camera and mobile cameras are about 6 Mb each so I will only include just the local ones (UK) in future).

So far, so good after 48 hours and several night time trips with Intelligent and Adaptive lighting fully working (and no warning messages). Once you have had these features it is really hard to do without them. My wife's new (2016) Land Rover Discovery also has auto LED lamps but they are not a patch on the amazing MB system!
WOW. That is beautiful. Just amazing. I would love to do that but I know nothing ab out powder coating but I am going to look into it. I am amazed at how those brakes look.