C218 CLS63, 2011 - 2019

Exhaust Mods

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2016, 01:40 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2014 CLS63-S
Exhaust Mods

Hello everyone, looking for your guys opinion on what I should do to the exhaust on 14 cls63 s.

Been considering the following:

Res Delete
Muffler Delete

If you have done either of them please let me know your opinon, if you have both done even better. Or even why I shouldn't do either would be appreciated.
Old 02-08-2016, 11:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
CLS63 PP
Res Delete give a nice bump in sound, and turbo flutter, without being obnoxious. Just do the res delete with straight pipes and you are good. Muffler delete on top of that will be out of character for a benz. If you must do both, do a proper cat back with full 3" resonators and muffler. A custom shop in Toronto probably charge you are 1200 bucks to do it right. I use noyzboyz in scarborough. Talk to John.
Old 02-15-2016, 07:58 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
2003 CL55
Originally Posted by KLR CLS
Res Delete give a nice bump in sound, and turbo flutter, without being obnoxious. Just do the res delete with straight pipes and you are good. Muffler delete on top of that will be out of character for a benz. If you must do both, do a proper cat back with full 3" resonators and muffler. A custom shop in Toronto probably charge you are 1200 bucks to do it right. I use noyzboyz in scarborough. Talk to John.
Have you seen if the resonator has a crossover pipe in it? Some are H or X inside and have not had a chance to see inside a M157 res yet.

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 06-15-2016, 06:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG GTR PRO
deleting the mufflers is a really bad idea, Deistic told me you'd lose some torque and for sure lose the mag aggressive sound volume. it wouldn't have a Benz sound anymore, infant just like any other V8 turbo charge.. which sucks tbh. I had to buy stock mufflers which were hard to find and reinstall them.
Old 06-16-2016, 12:45 AM
AHI

Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts
AMG GTR
Originally Posted by Hazza Al Dhaher
deleting the mufflers is a really bad idea, Deistic told me you'd lose some torque and for sure lose the mag aggressive sound volume. it wouldn't have a Benz sound anymore, infant just like any other V8 turbo charge.. which sucks tbh. I had to buy stock mufflers which were hard to find and reinstall them.
This is so weird, I heard the complete opposite. There is a 2014 E63 with Eurocharged tune running res delete, x-pipe, and muffler delete, and apparently it sounds like a Catless dp car. Turbo whistle, nice grunt, no drone. And this car made 770awtq, so believe me you are not losing any power. These cars do not need ANY back pressure

On my 2012 E63 I had Catless downpipes, x pipe and it sounded unreal, but we couldn't stand the smell.

Now on the 2015 CLS we have only res delete, and straight pipes, and it sounds horrible. I hate it, and can't wait to change it. So I was thinking of removing the mufflers, and bridging the straight pipes into an X pipe.
Old 06-16-2016, 12:47 AM
AHI

AMG GTR
Originally Posted by Exotic-metal55
Have you seen if the resonator has a crossover pipe in it? Some are H or X inside and have not had a chance to see inside a M157 res yet.
Does not, runs straight through.
Old 06-16-2016, 03:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
Originally Posted by AHI
Does not, runs straight through.
Actually it has a 1.5" H pipe at the front end of the resonator.
Old 06-16-2016, 10:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 167 Likes on 133 Posts
2021 Porsche TTS
I had a 2013 with catless downpipes and resonator delete with straight pipes. It sounded awesome and borderline out of context for a Benz at full throttle.
I have never heard a 5.5TT with no catbacks so I cannot comment about it.
I would first spend $250 to do resonator delete. If it's not loud enough, it is easy to take the mufflers out and run the car to see how it sounds.
Old 06-16-2016, 10:37 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2014 CLS63 AMG S
I would be worried about it being too loud making any modifications. With the windows down, especially in S/S+ mode, the car has quite a bit of rumble and low-end burble. Reminds me of a truck engine sound actually lol
Old 06-18-2016, 02:45 AM
AHI

AMG GTR
Originally Posted by Hazza Al Dhaher
I spoke to a few people, all you need to do is add an X or h pipe, this will solve your issue. Try this first, before spending money on OEM mufflers.

Originally Posted by chiromikey
Actually it has a 1.5" H pipe at the front end of the resonator.
We just cut mine out, and I was looking through them, I saw no joins or interruptions. I saw two straight through channels.
Old 06-18-2016, 03:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
It's easy to miss if you only look through the end opposite of the crossover.