C218 CLS63, 2011 - 2019

Tuning my cls63?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2017, 12:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cls 63
Post Tuning my cls63?

Hi, I just bought a 2012 Cls63 with PP, however, I am thinking about doing some affordable upgrades. At first, I wanted to purchase a body kit, and I got them from Duraflex. I'm telling you, never buy something from Duraflex. I left the car and the kits in a local auto body shop for a week and they told me they had tried their best to make the kit fit the car but failed. Damn it, wanted my cls look special and failed. The WALD kit is gonna cost 14k which is a no due to my wallet.
After alot of googling, I find ECU tuning is a good choice. Which company will you guys recommend for an ECU tuning, Renntech? EuroCharged? Alpha? Also, please feel free to give me some advice about other upgrades I can do which really makes some difference. Thanks.
Old 04-11-2017, 06:58 PM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
---
Welcome to the club! You're gonna absolutely love the CLS. For me, the car is really just about perfect as is, so all I ended up doing were carbon fiber mirrors, clear side markers and hardwired the radar for my white CLS63. Snow tires/wheels for the winter months, but that's really about it. I'm curious to hear what others chime in with in terms of tuning recommendations, but there are likely quite a few posts out there addressing that topic already.
Old 04-11-2017, 11:24 PM

Cls 63
Originally Posted by wasupdu
Welcome to the club! You're gonna absolutely love the CLS. For me, the car is really just about perfect as is, so all I ended up doing were carbon fiber mirrors, clear side markers and hardwired the radar for my white CLS63. Snow tires/wheels for the winter months, but that's really about it. I'm curious to hear what others chime in with in terms of tuning recommendations, but there are likely quite a few posts out there addressing that topic already.
Thank you! I may just giving up the body kits and get an ECU tune and body wrap.
Old 04-12-2017, 05:27 AM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
2011 CLS63 AMG
Its a great car to drive as is.. but you don't realise how much AMG left on the table until you get a tune.. got mine tuned over a year ago.. difference in drivability is night and day.. low end torque increase and throttle response difference was amazing.. the top end power numbers are not what a tune is really about.. it just feels like a different car from the get-go.. high recommend a tune.. i got a PP-Performance tune through their dealers in Australia (Peak Performance and Evolve-Technik; check out my post when I got the tune last year).. you won't regret it.. I've now got an itch to get a turbo pipe/downpipe/exhaust upgrade and retune.. just delaying it because of work and other committments.. will definitely get onto it soon!
Old 04-12-2017, 11:02 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 293 Likes on 242 Posts
2003 W211 E55, 2003 W220 S600
Add this with an ECU calibration

https://mbworld.org/forums/w212-amg/...boost-kit.html
Old 04-12-2017, 01:01 PM

Cls 63
Originally Posted by shardul
Looks good, but is it really working?
Old 04-12-2017, 01:04 PM

Cls 63
Originally Posted by cosmicclubber
Its a great car to drive as is.. but you don't realise how much AMG left on the table until you get a tune.. got mine tuned over a year ago.. difference in drivability is night and day.. low end torque increase and throttle response difference was amazing.. the top end power numbers are not what a tune is really about.. it just feels like a different car from the get-go.. high recommend a tune.. i got a PP-Performance tune through their dealers in Australia (Peak Performance and Evolve-Technik; check out my post when I got the tune last year).. you won't regret it.. I've now got an itch to get a turbo pipe/downpipe/exhaust upgrade and retune.. just delaying it because of work and other committments.. will definitely get onto it soon!
Thank you for your information! I may just get a tune for now, can't wait to see the result.
Old 04-14-2017, 05:43 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
C63S
Look into PP-Performance for the AMG cars. Great tune
Old 06-12-2017, 07:28 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2010 S550 + 2014 CLS63 + 1993 300zx TT + 2014 Pathfinder + 2013 Hyundai Sanata
Hey bud.... I wanted to chime in and give you the ins and outs for this ECU mod. First and foremost keep in mind that you get what you pay for. If you cut corners you could end up with a pretty car in the garage unable to move because of detonation. I will dive into some of the other companies in another reply but first I'd like to talk about what I know for sure.

Renntech I would say is the best hands down because of their flawless reputation and their support team. Not to mention that their mods are priced nicely compared to some of the other lead companies. Also, with Renntech you don't have to take your car down to FL which is where their HUB is. If you go onto their website under locations it will probably list a performance shop in your area that will install the tune.
With other companies you may have to drive half way across the country depending on where you stay. A HUGE win with these guys is the support team that is on deck for any question in addition to them standing behind their product. I just had to call them and ask specific questions about running high octane race fuel in my car and they stayed on the phone with me for 20 - 30 minutes just to educate and enlighten me on the subject. Support like this is priceless when it comes to investing into your pride and joy big boy toy. You have to look past just the product being in physical format and see it as a whole because the package that Renntech delivers is hard to beat. I have a 2014 CLS63 that I'll pick up Friday on my Bday... I'll touch base on some of these other guys in another reply. There is only one more company I'd like to recommend but its going to COST$$$!!!!
Old 06-13-2017, 12:25 PM

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
CL500
Id give Dinan a look. They are in process of releasing some warranted tuners in the next month or two. Couple beta testers here are super thrilled with it thus far.