C218 CLS63, 2011 - 2019

Distronic plus, parktronic inoperative, pre-safe limited, ECS off during driving.

Old 04-18-2017, 11:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cls 63
Distronic plus, parktronic inoperative, pre-safe limited during driving(UPDATED)

After getting an ECU tune from Eurocharged, and done service B3 on last Friday, I drove all the way to vegas without any issue. However, I was driving on my way back to LA from vegas using the distronic plus cruise last night, suddenly I felt a stun of the car and the screen showed distronic plus inoperative, parktronic inoperative, pre-safe limited ECS off and completely lost throttle. Had to pull over and restart the engine then everything looked fine except the engine light. Later, the car was feeling slow and the RPM won't go over 4k. It happened again about 30 minutes later. I was lucky that no car was behind me since it's almost midnight but I felt very unsafe. I am a new owner of this CPO 2012 cls63. The mileage is around 31500 miles now. I am not sure if it's caused by the ECU tune. Anyone had the same issue before? Now I am going to meet a dealer to find out what happened. Will keep this thread updated.
Below are the report with faults from a full scanner except the P061A.

I was shocked by all these faults. Now I really wish they are all caused by the ECU tune. Will be back to update what I receive from Eurocharged.

Last edited by allenliu0915; 04-18-2017 at 08:59 PM. Reason: Update
Old 04-18-2017, 12:52 PM

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
2012 CLS
Yeah it sounds like it went into limp mode. It's hard to say if it was a pre-existing condition, or if the tune caused something to go wonky. Purely a guess, but I'm betting there was an issue with the flash and just needs to be corrected.

I know that when I sent in my ECU (2012 CLS) to have a tune done...it came back with a CEL and some lagging. Shipped it back to the vendor and they had it worked out in a week and back to me with no issues.

I'd call Eurocharged and talk to them about it...I'm sure they will be happy to take a look at it to see if there is an issue with the tune in the ECU.

If they determine that there is no issue, then you can....

1. Have them flash it back to stock and take it to the dealer to have them diagnose the issue (if under CPO warranty)
2. Keep the tune and take to a well respected shop (not the dealer) to have them take a look to see what is going on.
Old 04-18-2017, 02:59 PM

Cls 63
Originally Posted by sparacing
Yeah it sounds like it went into limp mode. It's hard to say if it was a pre-existing condition, or if the tune caused something to go wonky. Purely a guess, but I'm betting there was an issue with the flash and just needs to be corrected.

I know that when I sent in my ECU (2012 CLS) to have a tune done...it came back with a CEL and some lagging. Shipped it back to the vendor and they had it worked out in a week and back to me with no issues.

I'd call Eurocharged and talk to them about it...I'm sure they will be happy to take a look at it to see if there is an issue with the tune in the ECU.

If they determine that there is no issue, then you can....

1. Have them flash it back to stock and take it to the dealer to have them diagnose the issue (if under CPO warranty)
2. Keep the tune and take to a well respected shop (not the dealer) to have them take a look to see what is going on.
Thank you for the reply. I took the car to a local auto repair shop and here is what they got.

They told me it may be the mass air thing or faulty ECM and recommend me to check it out at dealership. However, I am worrying about if the tuning is gonna void my warranty now.

Last edited by allenliu0915; 04-18-2017 at 03:03 PM.
Old 04-18-2017, 05:24 PM

Received 83 Likes on 60 Posts
MB
Ok so this is pretty standard from eurocharged, send the ECU back to them and they will change something and send it back and you'll be fine. Went through this on my 2010 E63 and had it resolved quickly. Just tell them whats going on and they'll handle it. It is 100% the tune and the car is perfectly fine so don't worry too much.
Old 04-18-2017, 05:53 PM

Cls 63
Originally Posted by 6speeddave
Ok so this is pretty standard from eurocharged, send the ECU back to them and they will change something and send it back and you'll be fine. Went through this on my 2010 E63 and had it resolved quickly. Just tell them whats going on and they'll handle it. It is 100% the tune and the car is perfectly fine so don't worry too much.
wow, they told me it's very unusual. Well, that's another $100 for the shipping and hope it will be done perfectly.
Old 04-18-2017, 07:35 PM

MB
Originally Posted by allenliu0915
wow, they told me it's very unusual. Well, that's another $100 for the shipping and hope it will be done perfectly.
Talk to them about that. Im sure under certain circumstances they may take care of you.
Old 04-18-2017, 08:47 PM

Cls 63
Talk to them about that. Im sure under certain circumstances they may take care of you.
Thanks. Already shipped out the ECU. I will wait to hear what do they find, hope they will pay for the shipping if it really is something wrong on their end.
Old 04-18-2017, 11:16 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
na
If it comes down to you needing your ecm repaired, we're here for you if you need us. Our pricing is well below what the dealer will charge you. You can learn more about all that at http://carcomputerexchange.com/mercedes/cat_176.html . However it goes, we hope you get your ride back running smooth soon.

Last edited by ecmexchange; 04-18-2017 at 11:16 PM. Reason: typo
Old 05-11-2017, 10:55 PM

MB
Did you get this solved?
Old 05-12-2017, 01:38 AM

Cls 63
Did you get this solved?
Thank you for remembering this thread. It's kind of complicated. Jerry from Eurocharged told me a re-flash should solve the problem, so I sent the ECU back to them. After I got my ECU back, I drove it for about a week and nothing happened. There wasn't even any error code. However, before I wanted to do a dyno pull, I felt the car is shaking when idle. I told Jerry the shaking problem, he said it should be caused by bad motor mount. I went to an auto repair shop to do a diagnose, they also told me I should replace the motor mount due to the added HP. Jerry suggested me to flash the ECU back to stock and replace the motor mounts at dealership since my car is still under warranty. Thus I sent my ECU back to them again and should receive it by tomorrow. I will bring the car to the dealership and get the motor mount replaced. Hope this will solve the shaking problem and no more coming issue.
Old 05-12-2017, 07:47 PM

MB
Keep us posted.
Old 04-29-2018, 05:32 AM

C43
I have the same problem I changed the fuse in the rear fuse box and it keeps blowing??😑 I checked all other fuses that are connected to distronic plus..

Distronic Plus,
Active Blind Spot Assist,
Active lane keeping assist,
Monitor (video & radar) control unit

​​
​​​​​​