C218 CLS63, 2011 - 2019

I tuned my 12 CLS63...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-29-2017, 08:20 PM

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts
2012 CLS 63
I tuned my 12 CLS63...

okay let me start by saying I came to this car from a tuned n54 335i and I literally bought this car to tune it after do extensive research about force induction and ecu tuning etc.

I love this car I ordered the H&R lowering springs before i even got the car and I installed 20 inch vossen VFS2, did a resonator delete, and some maintenence repairs before anything
anyways almost a year later I finally get around to tuning it

I bought these performance air filters from a guy named griffin on facebook in this AMG group and i say if you have any other m157 mods let me know and he tells me he does tuning

come to find out his shop is Brentuning in boston and im located in CA. long story short I send my ecu to him he sends it back next day and I installed it and all i can say is...

GOD DAMN THIS **** IS A ****IN MONSTER SERIOUSLY

his tunes add around 150hp stage one and i havent dynoed it but I wouldnt doubt these numbers they have to be in that ball park

ive put about 500 miles on it so far and ive read all the reviews of the tunes and watched countless videos so i knew what to expect but i was still blown out of my mind. the car handles the power so so well it feels the same when u want to drive normally in comfort mode and if you wanna impress passengers without killing yourself you can gun it with traction control on in sport+ and it will allow you more than enough power and torque to shock people but some how not fishtail or break traction lmao
i am very satisfied with the tune i upgraded spark plugs and filters prior to installation so i havent had any issues at all

HUGE shoutout to brentuning in Boston he gave me a really good price so good that Im not sure if he wants me to say it and have a bunch of people expecting it lol but I recommend you go to him if you are on the fence about a tune he is a real knowledgeable guy and of course drives an m157 himself!

my only complaint/concern is not necessarily with the tune but I am wondering what is the best cooling upgrade to get next? the engine runs extremely hot as it is and I am in over 100 degree weather and want to keep the car in good optimal shape.
Old 08-30-2017, 02:20 AM

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts
He is known in the BMW S1000rr platform as well.
Old 08-30-2017, 02:51 PM

2012 CLS 63
Originally Posted by will175
He is known in the BMW S1000rr platform as well.
nice! i didnt know that but I'm not surprised i can tell from his website that they tune a lot of different cars too
Old 08-31-2017, 11:20 PM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
2012 CLS63 PP, Renntech
The 2012-13's air to water inter coolers share with the radiator. That being said if you are worried about heat you can get an upgraded cooling pump and I beleive it comes with a divorced tank. So the water is not shared any longer the radiator.

Originally Posted by amgboy916
okay let me start by saying I came to this car from a tuned n54 335i and I literally bought this car to tune it after do extensive research about force induction and ecu tuning etc.

I love this car I ordered the H&R lowering springs before i even got the car and I installed 20 inch vossen VFS2, did a resonator delete, and some maintenence repairs before anything
anyways almost a year later I finally get around to tuning it

I bought these performance air filters from a guy named griffin on facebook in this AMG group and i say if you have any other m157 mods let me know and he tells me he does tuning

come to find out his shop is Brentuning in boston and im located in CA. long story short I send my ecu to him he sends it back next day and I installed it and all i can say is...

GOD DAMN THIS **** IS A ****IN MONSTER SERIOUSLY

his tunes add around 150hp stage one and i havent dynoed it but I wouldnt doubt these numbers they have to be in that ball park

ive put about 500 miles on it so far and ive read all the reviews of the tunes and watched countless videos so i knew what to expect but i was still blown out of my mind. the car handles the power so so well it feels the same when u want to drive normally in comfort mode and if you wanna impress passengers without killing yourself you can gun it with traction control on in sport+ and it will allow you more than enough power and torque to shock people but some how not fishtail or break traction lmao
i am very satisfied with the tune i upgraded spark plugs and filters prior to installation so i havent had any issues at all

HUGE shoutout to brentuning in Boston he gave me a really good price so good that Im not sure if he wants me to say it and have a bunch of people expecting it lol but I recommend you go to him if you are on the fence about a tune he is a real knowledgeable guy and of course drives an m157 himself!

my only complaint/concern is not necessarily with the tune but I am wondering what is the best cooling upgrade to get next? the engine runs extremely hot as it is and I am in over 100 degree weather and want to keep the car in good optimal shape.
Old 08-31-2017, 11:39 PM

2012 CLS 63
Originally Posted by LaunchPad
The 2012-13's air to water inter coolers share with the radiator. That being said if you are worried about heat you can get an upgraded cooling pump and I beleive it comes with a divorced tank. So the water is not shared any longer the radiator.

Thank you you for mentioning this I was just trying to ask about this and explain it to this local shop that specializes in Mercedes (language barrier with mechanic) but he insisted that the upgrade wasn't necessary/didn't really know what I was talking about so I was wondering if there's instructions how to do it or what parts to buy I just want to divorce the system at the very least, but if the cooling pump upgrade is reasonable price I would go with that but the ones I see are weistec and expensive