C218 CLS63, 2011 - 2019

2012 CLS63 - back up cam swap + command system update

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2017, 02:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 CLS63 AMG & 2014 E550 coupe
Question 2012 CLS63 - back up cam swap + command system update

Looking for anyone who has done either of these things.

Enjoying the drive on my CLS but would like the camera to be as clear as my 2014 E lol, not very fond of the fish eye lens on the CLS..

Is it possible to just have the camera swapped out by dealer with a newer one? As I noticed it looks like the same piece from my E... or I mean it cant be that difficult to wire a new camera lens to work with the existing system
The SA I dealt with said the camera lens has nothing to do with the quality, it is only the software.. but I beg to differ when I compare it to my E... the lens must be the reason why it is fish eye.. while maybe the screen resolution only has some effect on the quality.. but that's just my opinion

Also the COMMAND system seems alittle dated compared to my E. Nothing major, but wondering if anyone has updated this, how much it was and if it was worth the update.
Old 11-23-2017, 03:28 PM

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts
2012 CLS 63
I personally havent done it but I've done a lot of research and plan to

as far as the backup camera you can add a video interface for ntg 4.5 it comes with active guidelines and you simply connect your existing backup camera to the interface

as far as the software update it is not posible to update to the 2013+ from ntg 4.5 ive called and emailed numerous places incluiding mercedes themselves however you can hook up hdmi devices to the interface and get capabillities such as screen mirroing or downloading and viewing movies/apps etc