Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-17-2017, 03:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 cls 63 s amg
Cool Remote Start / Mobile App Compatible

Hi everyone,
The winters here in NY are brutal.
Need to get a remote start installed in my CLS but I need one that can be started from my phone (like Viper or Dronemobile)
This is because my parking spot is about 200 yards from my apartment and the building blocks direct line of sight, so even if I switch it on from my apartment I have no idea if it actually switched on
Do you guys know of any apps that are compatible with the vehicle? I just called an installer and he said neither drone or viper is compatible.
Suggestions are welcome

It is a 2015 CLS 63 S AMG
Old 12-30-2017, 11:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 cls 63 s amg
Found solution

no one replied but I am replying to my own post in case anyone else ever needs it

sfter asking my MB dealer for the 3rd time thy were actually able to do it.
the installed the drone mobile up so it’s compatible and I can start it from the actual remote too

for some reason a bunch of independent shops said they couldn’t do it with drone. Maybe they just didn’t want to touch such an expensive car who knows

it costs a damn fortune but was worth it
Old 01-01-2018, 08:11 PM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
---
just saw your post... mid city engineering offers a good setup from what I've heard on the forums and talking to a local install shop. They wanted about $1k installed, though. They recommended the Viper unit for mobile (about $50/year if I recall). I haven't heard of the drone unit, but I've only called a couple local shops. Glad you got everything sorted out.