Dynamic seat pump

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-01-2017, 02:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS63 SB
Dynamic seat pump

Hi,

Apologies if this is a repost......I have a CLS63 SB 2012 and my dynamic seats have stopped working. Assume it is the pump, lights all work. Have been quoted a horrendous figure for the pump from MB.

Does anyone know the MB part number for this, or better still, where I can pick one up cheaply. I can't say I'd bother with them at the MB prices but if I can change it cheaply myself......

Thanks in anticipation.
Old 12-01-2017, 03:05 PM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,353 Likes on 2,807 Posts
2012 CLS63
I'm sure the dealer that quoted you would also provide the part number if you ask them, good luck.
Old 12-12-2017, 06:16 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
2012 CLS550 Base
I’m a CLS550 owner but have been considering upgrading to 63 lately and reading this forum. Anyway, I might be able to offer something here. My dynamic seat was not working when I purchased the car used. Took it to the dealer who quickly told me that the warranty was one week expired and would offer replacing the seat or whatever for $$$$$. I started tinkering and discovered that the pump still works - you can hear it softly when getting into car. It runs for a few seconds then stops. I pulled the left side trunk panel out to expose the pump assembly and could hear air leaking when the pump was running. I took the pump assembly out and un-packed the container. It is a plastic box that contains the pump packed in foam. Once fully removed, the leak was found where the air lines plug into the pump assembly. Inside the air line plugs, there is a small o-ring gasket. I took this to an industrial gasket supplier in my area who had some similar sized o-rings, but slightly larger tubing diamter. I installed these on top of the original gasket , re-inserted the air lines, and put everything back together. No leak after 2+ years and my seat works perfectly. One of the nicest features of these cars is feeling the seat activate when taking a corner aggressively....hope this helps.
The following 3 users liked this post by Sbbaker109:
dark_cls550 (08-21-2022), hunttheshunt (12-14-2017), TooManyIDs (08-15-2022)
Old 12-14-2017, 08:25 AM

CLS63 SB
Hi,

Thanks for the response, my vehicle has been into the dealer and they have tested the pump and its definitely not working. I have purchased a replacement pump, but can't see where it is in my boot/trunk. I have the SB but would have thought it was broadly similar. Any pictures you can send of the location would be much appreciated. I'm assuming it is behind a heat shield, it's the only place I can think it will be?

Kindest regards

Paul
Old 12-14-2017, 10:39 AM

CLS63 SB
Found it, it was indeed behind the Aluminium heat sink!

Dealer advised that even with a new pump they may still not work as it could be a seat bladder. Sadly, the new pump doesn't work so I guess its on to find the leaking seat bladder...unless of course the vehicle needs re-coding before the new pump with work??

There is no obvious signs of the pump working at all?

Any help, greatly appreciated!
Old 12-16-2017, 01:45 PM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
2012 CLS63 PP, Renntech
There should be two bladders so I doubt both went out at the same time something to think about.
Old 12-20-2017, 04:13 PM

2012 CLS550 Base
With mine, the leak was so bad that the pump would should done after only a few seconds. I assume there is a safety check in there that ensures the pump doesn't run-on forever and destroy itself. Does the pump not come on at all when you have a cold start-up?
Old 12-20-2017, 04:14 PM

2012 CLS550 Base
SOrry....meant to say "shut down", not "should done"
Old 08-08-2022, 08:48 AM

Cls550
Originally Posted by Sbbaker109
I’m a CLS550 owner but have been considering upgrading to 63 lately and reading this forum. Anyway, I might be able to offer something here. My dynamic seat was not working when I purchased the car used. Took it to the dealer who quickly told me that the warranty was one week expired and would offer replacing the seat or whatever for $$$$$. I started tinkering and discovered that the pump still works - you can hear it softly when getting into car. It runs for a few seconds then stops. I pulled the left side trunk panel out to expose the pump assembly and could hear air leaking when the pump was running. I took the pump assembly out and un-packed the container. It is a plastic box that contains the pump packed in foam. Once fully removed, the leak was found where the air lines plug into the pump assembly. Inside the air line plugs, there is a small o-ring gasket. I took this to an industrial gasket supplier in my area who had some similar sized o-rings, but slightly larger tubing diamter. I installed these on top of the original gasket , re-inserted the air lines, and put everything back together. No leak after 2+ years and my seat works perfectly. One of the nicest features of these cars is feeling the seat activate when taking a corner aggressively....hope this helps.
what year is your cls550 mine is 2014 cls550 and my seats would work sometimes now I press buttons and the lights turn on and shut off immediately any suggestions