C218 CLS63, 2011 - 2019

Questions about my CLS63

Old 06-07-2018, 10:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 CLS63 AMG
Questions about my CLS63

Hello all,

My name is Ismar and I am new to this forum. I have been following all of your posts and finally registered. About 6 months ago I purchased my 2012 CLS63 PP with 28K miles on it. I love the exterior appearance of the vehicle especially with the Designo white exterior color! I also got it tuned by Eurocharged and got the NGK spark plugs as recommended and absolutely love the power of the vehicle now. There are some concerns about the vehicle that I have though and it is not regarding the tune.

1. When initially starting the car it sounds like it is knocking... is this normal for these engines? The car has very low miles and no lights on by the way.
2. It idles funny in park which im not sure if that is the spark plugs because I don't remember it doing that with the stock spark plugs that were on.
3. Interior is the worst to maintain that I have ever had. Constantly dusty and the piano black trim is impossible to keep clean from streaks.
4. I understand it is an AMG vehicle and I have sports suspension but going over bumps the whole vehicle shakes even in comfort...
5. When driving in hotter weather I notice plastic such as the mirror and microphone console up top creaks and cracks..
6. There is a rattling/clicking noise coming from what seems to be the left side of the steering wheel by the air vent which I have read someone else had an issue with as well.
7. When under acceleration for a few seconds I hear and feel what seems to be a rubbing noise or something I cant describe... Car is not lowered and has stock wheels.

Do you guys think I should just get new spark plugs or? I did kind of find it weird that when I searched those spark plugs they are for a B7 alpina. What are your thoughts on these items I listed?

Thanks,

Last edited by Ismarf23; 06-07-2018 at 10:29 AM. Reason: Pictures too large
Old 06-08-2018, 03:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 113 Likes on 93 Posts
The best or nothing
1. Not normal
2. Not normal
3. Well.. get some microfibre towels and use them every day
4. The suspension is terrible from the factory.
5. The interior is also terrible from the factory.
6. see point 5
7. Brakes?
Old 06-08-2018, 04:25 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
G Wagon
Hi Ismar,

Your car looks nice.
We can't really comment on technical issues, but when you're done with them, please think to facelift your car to MY14 model. More info you can find here, please contact us when decided. Thank you
Old 06-09-2018, 06:24 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,350 Likes on 2,806 Posts
2012 CLS63
Hello, welcome.

A moderate list of issue's......you kind of sound torn on enjoyment.........and do watch out for the vultures (above post)
Old 06-09-2018, 10:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 113 Likes on 93 Posts
The best or nothing
Originally Posted by hyperion667
Hello, welcome.

A moderate list of issue's......you kind of sound torn on enjoyment.........and do watch out for the vultures (above post)
vultures haha ))
Old 06-28-2018, 12:04 AM

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts
2012 CLS 63
Originally Posted by Ismarf23

Hello all,

My name is Ismar and I am new to this forum. I have been following all of your posts and finally registered. About 6 months ago I purchased my 2012 CLS63 PP with 28K miles on it. I love the exterior appearance of the vehicle especially with the Designo white exterior color! I also got it tuned by Eurocharged and got the NGK spark plugs as recommended and absolutely love the power of the vehicle now. There are some concerns about the vehicle that I have though and it is not regarding the tune.

1. When initially starting the car it sounds like it is knocking... is this normal for these engines? The car has very low miles and no lights on by the way.
2. It idles funny in park which im not sure if that is the spark plugs because I don't remember it doing that with the stock spark plugs that were on.
3. Interior is the worst to maintain that I have ever had. Constantly dusty and the piano black trim is impossible to keep clean from streaks.
4. I understand it is an AMG vehicle and I have sports suspension but going over bumps the whole vehicle shakes even in comfort...
5. When driving in hotter weather I notice plastic such as the mirror and microphone console up top creaks and cracks..
6. There is a rattling/clicking noise coming from what seems to be the left side of the steering wheel by the air vent which I have read someone else had an issue with as well.
7. When under acceleration for a few seconds I hear and feel what seems to be a rubbing noise or something I cant describe... Car is not lowered and has stock wheels.

Do you guys think I should just get new spark plugs or? I did kind of find it weird that when I searched those spark plugs they are for a B7 alpina. What are your thoughts on these items I listed?

Thanks,

could be your timing chain. hasnt happened to me but ive heard people talk about it

most likely related to the plugs and/or the tune

agreed

you need new shocks most likely rear shocks. if its not the shocks your stabilizer bars

have the dealership check it out. i havent had this happen

not sure

not sure