CLS63 Pre-Purchase Recommendations Northeast

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-30-2018, 03:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 S55 AMG
Exclamation CLS63 Pre-Purchase Recommendations Northeast

Hey All,

I am located in Massachusetts just south of Boston and need some help.

Have a deposit on a (what seems to be) well taken care of 2012 CLS63 w/ 70k miles, 2 owner car original purchased from Euro Motorcars Germantown, MD. Carfax that I ran had good input on recent services done by MB dealer local but does not have description of work done other than "recommended maintenance performed" or "service completed" and the dealer will not give out the specifics without my name on registration. My questions is if anyone in the northeast could recommend someone preferably local to Boston that I could have do a pre-purchase inspection? I am very knowledgeable when it comes to vehicles overall but I am looking for someone that knows these cars and what to look for; I DO NOT want to wind up with a very expensive paperweight a

nd I am not scared of typical maintenance items (suspension, brakes, fluids etc...) which I do myself and this will be a daily driver racking up the miles. Basically rebuilt everything on the S55 I just sold and need to get back into a Benz/out of my Escalade. Unless someone has a buddy at MB of Burlington, MA LOL

From what I can tell the only modifications are a wired-in Passport radar detector and clear marker lights (OE markers were in the trunk in a box).

Any help would be greatly appreciated since I am going blind as far as what was actually done to it with no details... Even just some input from you guys with tell tale signs would help like if it was tuned how do I tell, sounds at cold start or smoke, rusting areas etc.. Just things to look for that could be tell tale signs I will have issues or it was not well maintained above and beyond the obvious. Thanks!
Old 12-17-2018, 09:26 AM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
2012 CLS63 AMG stock (For now)
Originally Posted by DEBENZO
Hey All,

I am located in Massachusetts just south of Boston and need some help.

Have a deposit on a (what seems to be) well taken care of 2012 CLS63 w/ 70k miles, 2 owner car original purchased from Euro Motorcars Germantown, MD. Carfax that I ran had good input on recent services done by MB dealer local but does not have description of work done other than "recommended maintenance performed" or "service completed" and the dealer will not give out the specifics without my name on registration. My questions is if anyone in the northeast could recommend someone preferably local to Boston that I could have do a pre-purchase inspection? I am very knowledgeable when it comes to vehicles overall but I am looking for someone that knows these cars and what to look for; I DO NOT want to wind up with a very expensive paperweight a

nd I am not scared of typical maintenance items (suspension, brakes, fluids etc...) which I do myself and this will be a daily driver racking up the miles. Basically rebuilt everything on the S55 I just sold and need to get back into a Benz/out of my Escalade. Unless someone has a buddy at MB of Burlington, MA LOL

From what I can tell the only modifications are a wired-in Passport radar detector and clear marker lights (OE markers were in the trunk in a box).

Any help would be greatly appreciated since I am going blind as far as what was actually done to it with no details... Even just some input from you guys with tell tale signs would help like if it was tuned how do I tell, sounds at cold start or smoke, rusting areas etc.. Just things to look for that could be tell tale signs I will have issues or it was not well maintained above and beyond the obvious. Thanks!
Dude, I am the one who just purchased it. I had also put a down payment in early November. So far, the car drives good and the only issue I had was a bad battery and I had avon auto replace it and it runs very smooth now. Could you please email me a copy of the Carfax report if you have it? I only had the Autocheck report but I need the Carfax to see services that were performed.
Old 12-17-2018, 03:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 S55 AMG
Good stuff. Hope it serves you well. Seemed like a well cared for car for sure but given the issues I have read about and the almost inability to drive in the snow I passed on it for a P30 with less miles. I deleted all the carfax and everything but will look for it, I do know that it was serviced at MB of Burlington quite a bit but they would not release any info until you send them a copy of registration and your license to show you now own the car. I would go that route and get it all from them.
Old 12-17-2018, 04:59 PM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
2012 CLS63 AMG stock (For now)
Originally Posted by DEBENZO
Good stuff. Hope it serves you well. Seemed like a well cared for car for sure but given the issues I have read about and the almost inability to drive in the snow I passed on it for a P30 with less miles. I deleted all the carfax and everything but will look for it, I do know that it was serviced at MB of Burlington quite a bit but they would not release any info until you send them a copy of registration and your license to show you now own the car. I would go that route and get it all from them.
Thanks, will do! Someone had also told me that MB of Burlington has the best service and knowledgeable technicians so I'll be sure to stop by there sometime to pull the report. I was also thinking of buying an extended warranty but there is a chance that if nothing happens then you are out of that money especially if this car was properly serviced. Anyways, I keep you updated with the condition of the car and/or if I did any mods.
Old 12-17-2018, 06:20 PM

Received 154 Likes on 111 Posts
CLS 63 and M4
Originally Posted by Terence E ENoh
Thanks, will do! Someone had also told me that MB of Burlington has the best service and knowledgeable technicians so I'll be sure to stop by there sometime to pull the report. I was also thinking of buying an extended warranty but there is a chance that if nothing happens then you are out of that money especially if this car was properly serviced. Anyways, I keep you updated with the condition of the car and/or if I did any mods.
if you need a carfax....

https://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1532664

i've used this guy at least 10 times in the last few months. he usually gets back to you within an hour.
The following users liked this post:
Terence E ENoh (12-19-2018)