Wheel suggestions for my 2014 cls63 - MBWorld.org Forums

Notices
W218 CLS63, 2011 to present.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wheel suggestions for my 2014 cls63

Old 11-05-2018, 10:59 PM
  #1  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 69
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
2014 Mercedes CLS63 AMG
Wheel suggestions for my 2014 cls63

Winter is almost here and my benz will go in hibernation for a few months (except for some sunny days). We usually have a very bad winter here in Indiana..so i will find the right wheels and place the order and have them ready to be put on when the time is right

I have had vossen cvts 20 Gloss black on my car for 2 years and now i am bored of the same look

need some suggestions but nothing too expensive and nothing that bends easy (pot hole epidemic every year after winter is over)

My CLS is black..

i cant attach any pics or maybe i am not doing something right..



Last edited by Yasser Haider; 11-05-2018 at 11:08 PM.
Yasser Haider is offline  
Old 11-06-2018, 09:39 AM
  #2  
Out Of Control!!
 
hyperion667's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 20,563
Thanked 624 Times in 605 Posts
'12 CLSAMG
Did you already sell the stocks? hat would be the way to go.........or another set of cheap ones?
hyperion667 is offline  
Old 11-07-2018, 02:37 AM
  #3  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 69
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
2014 Mercedes CLS63 AMG
I have the stocks on right now for the winter.. but im planning ahead... i want to order a new set of wheels for next summer..

Wanted HRE wheels but too expensive..

Yasser Haider is offline  
Old 11-07-2018, 11:59 PM
  #4  
Member
 
Rehabguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NYC
Posts: 172
Thanked 18 Times in 17 Posts
E63S
BCForged is pretty good bang for your buck. Fully custom and can be had for under $4K in 20"s in ~ 6 wks. If that's still too much, Forgestar is also custom and those can be had in 20"s for under $2K. Also, HRE Flowform are ~2K for a set. I don't know about how durable any of these wheels are. I run a set of BCForged and so far so good. I do baby my car though... I dodge potholes and cracks like its a video game, lol!
Rehabguy is offline  
Old 11-08-2018, 12:33 PM
  #5  
SPONSOR
 
thewb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: MIAMI, FL
Posts: 1,899
Thanked 105 Times in 95 Posts
www.wheelsboutique.com
Originally Posted by Yasser Haider View Post
I have the stocks on right now for the winter.. but im planning ahead... i want to order a new set of wheels for next summer..

Wanted HRE wheels but too expensive..

What budget are you working with for your new set of wheels?
thewb is offline  
Old 11-08-2018, 01:16 PM
  #6  
Out Of Control!!
 
hyperion667's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 20,563
Thanked 624 Times in 605 Posts
'12 CLSAMG
I have two sets of 18's, pristine.......off the 2011 E550 I had, that are HRE's. Currently asking 2K per set. Also a set of mandrus in 18 and another set of HRE 303M in 20's.
bolt pattern 5x112
ET 35
8.5x18
Here's my thread for all but the 303's: if interested

https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...11-e550v4.html

Last edited by hyperion667; 11-08-2018 at 01:20 PM.
hyperion667 is offline  
Old 11-08-2018, 08:31 PM
  #7  
SPONSOR
 
VibeMotorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Burbank, CA
Posts: 4,166
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Mercedes S63 Coupe
Check out Stance/ Vertini Wheels they have $200.00 OFF on a set.

Or wait a couple more weeks brother for Black Friday SALE.

Let us know, we apply additional discount for members on top of the SALE's.
VibeMotorsports is online now  
Old 11-10-2018, 12:48 PM
  #8  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 69
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
2014 Mercedes CLS63 AMG
I would love to find a brushed gold and black combination on my new wheels. Im a jeweler by profession and color of Gold fascinates me

if i had to spend $2000-$2500 for a set of 4 wheels (20s) whats the best brand for that ?

Yasser Haider is offline  
Old 11-12-2018, 04:36 PM
  #9  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 68
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
CLS63 AMG
Originally Posted by Rehabguy View Post
BCForged is pretty good bang for your buck. Fully custom and can be had for under $4K in 20"s in ~ 6 wks. If that's still too much, Forgestar is also custom and those can be had in 20"s for under $2K. Also, HRE Flowform are ~2K for a set. I don't know about how durable any of these wheels are. I run a set of BCForged and so far so good. I do baby my car though... I dodge potholes and cracks like its a video game, lol!
I was thinking of going with BC Forged. Would you mind sharing photos of your car and your specs? Thanks!
CLS63Matt is offline  
Old 11-12-2018, 04:45 PM
  #10  
SPONSOR
 
thewb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: MIAMI, FL
Posts: 1,899
Thanked 105 Times in 95 Posts
www.wheelsboutique.com
Originally Posted by Yasser Haider View Post
I would love to find a brushed gold and black combination on my new wheels. Im a jeweler by profession and color of Gold fascinates me

if i had to spend $2000-$2500 for a set of 4 wheels (20s) whats the best brand for that ?
HRE Performance Wheels has been around for 40 years and they are widely considered one of the top wheel brands, if not the top wheel brand, in the world. They have a FlowForm series that falls under $3k for a set. Here are two of their wheels that can be offered in various gold finishes:

HRE FF04




HRE FF01

thewb is offline  
Old 11-12-2018, 11:58 PM
  #11  
Member
 
Rehabguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NYC
Posts: 172
Thanked 18 Times in 17 Posts
E63S
Originally Posted by CLS63Matt View Post
I was thinking of going with BC Forged. Would you mind sharing photos of your car and your specs? Thanks!
As requested. Sorry for the crappy pics. 19x9.5 +32 275/35/19 F. 19x10.5 +49 305/30/19 R. ET's effective with 3mm spacers. BCForged RS40 Dark Brushed Black. I highly advise going with anything but 275/35 up front if you don't want a bit of rubbing at stock height. The last picture is of the rear wheel after initial wheel install and the suspension was still "deflated". Shoot me a PM if you have other questions. Don't wanna cont. thread jacking. BTW, wheels are off the car for winter... considering selling


Rehabguy is offline  
Old 11-13-2018, 12:28 AM
  #12  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 68
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
CLS63 AMG
Originally Posted by Rehabguy View Post
As requested. Sorry for the crappy pics. 19x9.5 +32 275/35/19 F. 19x10.5 +49 305/30/19 R. ET's effective with 3mm spacers. BCForged RS40 Dark Brushed Black. I highly advise going with anything but 275/35 up front if you don't want a bit of rubbing at stock height. The last picture is of the rear wheel after initial wheel install and the suspension was still "deflated". Shoot me a PM if you have other questions. Don't wanna cont. thread jacking. BTW, wheels are off the car for winter... considering selling



nice thank you for the photos. Any reason you didnt go with 20?
CLS63Matt is offline  
Old 11-13-2018, 12:50 AM
  #13  
Member
 
Rehabguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NYC
Posts: 172
Thanked 18 Times in 17 Posts
E63S
Originally Posted by CLS63Matt View Post
nice thank you for the photos. Any reason you didnt go with 20?
NP. I am not OK with running 25 series tires. I feel more comfortable with a bit more meat on those tires.
Rehabguy is offline  
Old 11-13-2018, 12:52 AM
  #14  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 68
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
CLS63 AMG
Originally Posted by Rehabguy View Post
NP. I am not OK with running 25 series tires. I feel more comfortable with a bit more meat on those tires.

Makes sense, Im thinking 20x11 and the recommended is 305/25
CLS63Matt is offline  

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Wheel suggestions for my 2014 cls63


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: