C218 CLS63, 2011 - 2019

'Twas the night before Christmas....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-18-2018, 08:51 PM

Received 154 Likes on 111 Posts
CLS 63 and M4
'Twas the night before Christmas....

well...if all goes well, I will be the proud owner of a 2013 CLS 63 by lunch, tomorrow. I'm ubering from Atlanta to Chattanooga (yes...there's such a thing) and meeting the seller at an indy shop to get a PPI done. if all goes well, I'll be 2 for 2 on the most beautiful super sedans I've ever loved (the 2nd Gen Lexus GS400 will always hold a special place for me. and, in 1998, it WAS a super sedan).

i doubt that i'll get much sleep tonite. and i have to make sure that, if something bad comes back from the inspection, i dont let the circumstances or desire cloud my reasoning. wish me luck. i'm hoping i can start contributing around here, soon.

Old 11-19-2018, 01:34 PM

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts
CLS63AMG W218 • CM7 Accord • '13 Yamaha R1
Beauty
Old 11-19-2018, 01:42 PM

CLS 63 and M4
Originally Posted by CLS63Matt
Beauty
Thanks!!! Rode to Chattanooga, this morning. On the test drive the tire malfunction light comes on. Coming from the BMW world...I was ready to ignore it until I saw the pressure continuing to fall. Caught a nail in the rear as I was driving it to get it inspected. Smh.

Luckily, we were less than a mile from the shop...and the lugs were challenging...so we aired it up to 25 psi and took it on. The shop guy gave it an emphatic thumbs up and I drove it home. Each mile seemed better than the last.

I need to do some paint correction amd get it a good couple coats of ceramic on but she’s been well taken care of. One issue - while cool at first, those active boosters are becoming annoying. Any way to turn em off? Also not a fan of having to turn off the start/stop feature of ECO.

otherwise, I’m a happy man. Just need to find a warranty that’s not the price of a new Hyundai.
Old 11-19-2018, 02:07 PM

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts
CLS63AMG W218 • CM7 Accord • '13 Yamaha R1
Originally Posted by 1MavRick

Thanks!!! Rode to Chattanooga, this morning. On the test drive the tire malfunction light comes on. Coming from the BMW world...I was ready to ignore it until I saw the pressure continuing to fall. Caught a nail in the rear as I was driving it to get it inspected. Smh.

Luckily, we were less than a mile from the shop...and the lugs were challenging...so we aired it up to 25 psi and took it on. The shop guy gave it an emphatic thumbs up and I drove it home. Each mile seemed better than the last.

I need to do some paint correction amd get it a good couple coats of ceramic on but she’s been well taken care of. One issue - while cool at first, those active boosters are becoming annoying. Any way to turn em off? Also not a fan of having to turn off the start/stop feature of ECO.

otherwise, I’m a happy man. Just need to find a warranty that’s not the price of a new Hyundai.

PM I can help with two things.
Old 11-21-2018, 08:20 PM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,418 Likes on 2,857 Posts
2012 CLS63
They certainly look nice in (040?) black! But I never want another black benz lol
Old 11-22-2018, 10:50 AM

CLS 63 and M4
Originally Posted by hyperion667
They certainly look nice in (040?) black! But I never want another black benz lol
its a real beast to get right and keep clean. but with the advent of ceramic coating....its a lot easier. plus...NOTHING looks better than a fresh cleaned black car. they are amazing. i've ordered all new pads for my DA polisher, clay bars and polishes...plus I'm going to try this new Armor Shield IX coating that I saw on VINwiki. im actually looking forward to spending the weekend in the garage rubbing on her. im hoping the exhaust tips are salvageable. will definitely have to wet sand em....

Quick shot while she was getting the PPI...

The next day, after a proper bath and some legal tint...

The following users liked this post:
hyperion667 (11-22-2018)