MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C218 (https://mbworld.org/forums/c218-175/)
-   -   2013 CLS 550 UPGRADE (https://mbworld.org/forums/c218/733647-2013-cls-550-upgrade.html)

318southernboi 01-22-2019 10:11 AM

2013 CLS 550 UPGRADE

wanted to share this upgrade I recently did in my CLS 550.. installed a touchscreen 10.25 android screen that works and is beating the original by a long shot... it completely integrates with your old system and also allows you to use a better interface than the original if you choose so! Check it out and let me know what you think...
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...b51218ea5.jpeg
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...a3dd7dcd0.jpeg

1MavRick 01-22-2019 10:46 AM

Which one did you go with? I’ve read folks have small issues with the CKM model. I was definitely going to do it had I gotten the E63 because the dash was quite plain. But I’ve softened on the idea since the CLS dash seems a bit more organic. But I would like a better navi screen...

318southernboi 01-22-2019 01:13 PM

I went with the DMP car design model! Heard a lot of great things about them in other forums... I installed my own, and haven’t had any issues! The fact that I can use google maps and waze on this is perfect! And as far as the download speed with internet, it’s ridiculously faster than I expected... Plus there customer service is really good if you have any issues hooking it up!

amgboy916 01-23-2019 04:13 PM

can't wait to get mine. the android operating system makes it extremely useful and customizable and in my opinion better than anything Mercedes offers to this day. I would even throw a android screen in a 2019 Mercedes. just watch. more will be made. Ive had android screens in almost every car I've owned, greatly improves driving and enjoyment of the car

1MavRick 01-23-2019 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by amgboy916 (Post 7662157)
can't wait to get mine. the android operating system makes it extremely useful and customizable and in my opinion better than anything Mercedes offers to this day. I would even throw a android screen in a 2019 Mercedes. just watch. more will be made. Ive had android screens in almost every car I've owned, greatly improves driving and enjoyment of the car

did you order the DMP? i really wanna try but im afraid it'll have a steep learning curve.

amgboy916 01-23-2019 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by 1MavRick (Post 7662175)
did you order the DMP? i really wanna try but im afraid it'll have a steep learning curve.

mine was fortunately much cheaper

DMP CKM all of these "companies" are simply reselling the already made device.

as far as the learning curve theres really not much to it. imagine having an android tablet in your car. basically same thing. theres a lot of FAQ and troubleshooting vids on youtube
but seeing how they all come plug and play, assuming you plug everything in correctly. wiring is not an issue they handled the toughest part for you. and the most common complaints ive seen have stemmed from not plugging in wires correctly to see OEM display when necessary and also from not being able to swtich language or measurements ETC all of these have been addressed in videos on youtube. just remember regardless if its a 10.25 android screen for a C class or even for a bmw f30 etc they are all essentially the same and running the same operating system and theres a ton of support from people who already have it. With that said, it should come ready to go without needing any customization. I havent gotten mine yet but Ive had many different versions on other cars and have watched videos about this one as well so it should be the same for the most part

mjohn50n 02-19-2019 02:08 PM

Just ordered mine today and I cant hardly wait till it gets here. AlliExpress for the win!

Terence E ENoh 02-20-2019 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by 318southernboi (Post 7660937)
I went with the DMP car design model! Heard a lot of great things about them in other forums... I installed my own, and haven’t had any issues! The fact that I can use google maps and waze on this is perfect! And as far as the download speed with internet, it’s ridiculously faster than I expected... Plus there customer service is really good if you have any issues hooking it up!

Good buy guys...THat was going to be my next mod. Im pretty sure its worth it

LandToSea 05-16-2019 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by mjohn50n (Post 7685549)
Just ordered mine today and I cant hardly wait till it gets here. AlliExpress for the win!

Do you have a link? How is it treating you so far? Sorry, I am new to this platform and wouldn't know where to begin with search terms or vendors. I am familiar with AlliExpress. TIA!

mjohn50n 05-16-2019 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by LandToSea (Post 7756878)
Do you have a link? How is it treating you so far? Sorry, I am new to this platform and wouldn't know where to begin with search terms or vendors. I am familiar with AlliExpress. TIA!

I don't have a link anymore its been a while. It works great no issues. Not very useful imo, but it does make the car feel more relevant. If your looking to take advantage of all the features it offers its great and if not it's just aesthetically makes it feel 5 years newer. I paid 579.00 shipped and took like 5 days to get to me.