C218 CLS63, 2011 - 2019

Need Tuning and Mod Advice From My Brothers!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2019, 12:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts
CLS63 AMG
Originally Posted by Marc26
I have the same platform with the M157 W218, I personally have the AMS Carbon Fiber Intakes And it added 32 HP. I have a custom tune by @GoLabWorx check them out on IG @Kevin_doesnt_lift did mines. I’m currently at 700 WHP on stock turbo and Downpipes I have AEM 5 gallon meth injection kit as well
So im curious, what power level would you be on pump gas without the meth, if you went with the catless downpipes+tune+AMS carbon intake?

Would that still put you at 700whp on stock turbos? Seems very high, most tuners dont even come close to getting 700whp out of these tiny stock m157 turbos, its more high on the torque by far as per the design of this motor.
Old 03-07-2019, 12:52 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
CLS AMG 63S
Originally Posted by Amg63-
So im curious, what power level would you be on pump gas without the meth, if you went with the catless downpipes+tune+AMS carbon intake?

Would that still put you at 700whp on stock turbos? Seems very high, most tuners dont even come close to getting 700whp out of these tiny stock m157 turbos, its more high on the torque by far as per the design of this motor.
here is my post and you can see the dyno sheet
https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...5&goto=newpost

not sure where you would be at I don’t have catless Downpipes I have stock everything besides the intake, I just ordered catless turbo backing Downpipes so I’m not sure people are saying catless Downpipes can add 50-70HP so I’m not sure to be honest.
Old 03-07-2019, 01:04 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
CLS55 AMG
That’s very high wheel power figures for standard Turbos. What boost psi are the Turbos running as must be very high.

Do you have any pics of your meth install? Where are your nozzles mounted and is it a progressive system?

Cheers Jules
Old 03-07-2019, 01:12 PM

CLS AMG 63S
Originally Posted by Cyclone1
That’s very high wheel power figures for standard Turbos. What boost psi are the Turbos running as must be very high.

Do you have any pics of your meth install? Where are your nozzles mounted and is it a progressive system?

Cheers Jules
Same thing I said and they told me 20 PSI I have one brand new turbo but still stock but it was 663 WHP with just stock but you can always call @golabworx and ask them all the questions they did the install I’ll upload pics on where the nozzles were mounted
Old 03-07-2019, 01:49 PM

CLS55 AMG
I run 770whp on upgraded Turbos at 17psi max, so would guess around 20-22psi on standard for your figures.

Pics of the meth install would be great. I have meth also. Is yours a progressive system?
Old 03-07-2019, 01:51 PM

CLS AMG 63S
I run 770whp on upgraded Turbos at 17psi max, so would guess around 20-22psi on standard for your figures.

Pics of the meth install would be great. I have meth also. Is yours a progressive system?
I have to find out I’m still learning all of these terms, I don’t know what progressive system is.. and 770 WHP nice which turbos are you running? “Pure”?
Old 03-07-2019, 02:03 PM

CLS55 AMG
Looked at Pure but went for TTE900+ Turbos from the Turbo Engineers.

Progressive means that the meth starts spraying at a start boost pressure and then sprays more and more up to a maximum at your set “full” boost figure.
Old 03-07-2019, 02:07 PM

CLS AMG 63S
Looked at Pure but went for TTE900+ Turbos from the Turbo Engineers.

Progressive means that the meth starts spraying at a start boost pressure and then sprays more and more up to a maximum at your set “full” boost figure.
sounds expensive, how has the turbos been holding up? What’s the approximate cost for the TTE900+

oh okay yes so the Meth sprays when I push the car not sure at what RPMs. Basically when I floor it the Meth comes out and I don’t have any signals that it’s spraying but I has been working I actually have to put some boost juice in today
Old 03-07-2019, 04:15 PM

CLS55 AMG
sounds expensive, how has the turbos been holding up? What’s the approximate cost for the TTE900+

oh okay yes so the Meth sprays when I push the car not sure at what RPMs. Basically when I floor it the Meth comes out and I don’t have any signals that it’s spraying but I has been working I actually have to put some boost juice in today
Contact them directly and they will quote you. I’m UK based so different currency etc. Mine have been installed a year and done around 12,000 miles. The mapping is key, as you need to be able to deploy the power / torque. I’m RWD so have a capped torque map that feeds in progressively. I’ve seen a few maps where the torque smashes in at low revs like a standard map, but with 850wtq, the car is simply undriveable, regardless of what owners claim. I struggle with mine but at least with my map I’ve got a chance once rolling.

With the meth it sounds like yours just sprays at a set parameter. That’s fine as I guess it isn’t fully mapped for the meth.
Old 03-07-2019, 05:46 PM

CLS AMG 63S
Contact them directly and they will quote you. I’m UK based so different currency etc. Mine have been installed a year and done around 12,000 miles. The mapping is key, as you need to be able to deploy the power / torque. I’m RWD so have a capped torque map that feeds in progressively. I’ve seen a few maps where the torque smashes in at low revs like a standard map, but with 850wtq, the car is simply undriveable, regardless of what owners claim. I struggle with mine but at least with my map I’ve got a chance once rolling.

With the meth it sounds like yours just sprays at a set parameter. That’s fine as I guess it isn’t fully mapped for the meth.
okay cool I’ll contact them and yea I’m AWD my WTQ is at 792 right now but I’ll definitely look at the TTE900s turbi

Thanks
Old 03-07-2019, 10:18 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 Mercedes-Benz CLS63 AMG S
I have the same platform with the M157 W218, I personally have the AMS Carbon Fiber Intakes And it added 32 HP. I have a custom tune by @GoLabWorx check them out on IG @Kevin_doesnt_lift did mines. I’m currently at 700 WHP on stock turbo and Downpipes I have AEM 5 gallon meth injection kit as well
Hi thanks for letting me know! I am questioning if doing an exhaust is worth it? I really do not want to cut my stock so I was thinking of doing a full FI valvetronic exhaust but money does matter. Do you think with the AMS intake and a good tune, leaving the stock exhaust alone would be satisfying enough...meaning does the change in exhaust really make that big of a difference. Since I live in South Florida I am still considering Renntech's R1 package...a tune and diverter valve and possibly the TCU software upgrade. Obviously, not doing an exhaust would save me some $$$. Also considering the AMS primary heat exchanger since I live in hot weather all the time...anyone have any comments about this? Thanks in advance!

LF
Old 03-12-2019, 05:16 PM

CLS AMG 63S

Here are the pics, the nozzle was welded to fit inside the charge pipes