W218 Wheel Alignment Specs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2019, 10:26 PM

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts
CLS63AMG W218 • CM7 Accord • '13 Yamaha R1
Exclamation W218 Wheel Alignment Specs

Hi guys,

The shop I've been going to for years does not have the specs for wheel alignment (toe, camber, caster, etc.) for my 2012 CLS63 AMG W218.

It's my good friend's shop and I practically get alignments done for free. The alignment rack works just fine, but the computer does not have the data for the specs that Mercedes recommends and the shop would need to pay a hefty fee to get access to them. I was wondering if anyone had access to the exact numbers and would greatly appreciate it if you could share! Perhaps even showing/sharing your old alignment printout would help tremendously.

Mainly interested in seeing what the recommendation is for toe because it's not always "0."

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by CLS63Matt; 02-26-2019 at 10:42 PM.
Old 02-24-2020, 05:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 CLS63 S AMG
Did you ever get this alignment figured out? I just bought the same car and don't want to waste time at the local shop while they screw around with my car and never find the specs.

Like you said a picture of the alignment page would be great.
Old 02-29-2020, 10:49 AM

2012 CLS63 S AMG
Here is a picture of the before alignment from Belle tire. Front Right tire is badly worn on inside. I will be buying a new set of tires and bringing to the dealer for a full alignment because Belle could only do a toe adjustment.
$189 at dealer plus $189 for each camber bolt. might need 0 or up to 4 for the front. Dealer said I should only align once I have new tires on so it is completely accurate.

Old 03-12-2020, 09:56 PM

2012 CLS63 S AMG
Here are my alignment and specs from the dealer. My car is a 2012 CLS 63 S. It had set of Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires. The front pair were worn to belts on inside inch rest of the tread looked like 70%. From the receipt history I have it looks like the first set of tires suffered the same fate car had 49,500 miles when I got it. Although according to MB the camber was in spec and was not changed, only the toe was adjusted a minor amount. I had a new pair of tires mounted on the front before these measurements, the rears are wearing even. I don't track the car and don't care about perfect contact during high speed cornering, the car has more than enough traction for at least double the recommended speed. I asked them to square up the camber, but of course they would only do what the paper work says.

If anyone knows a shop in the detroit Metro area that can do custom alignments let me know. I don't mind buying rear tires, but no sense in burning fronts.

Old 03-13-2020, 08:56 AM

Received 132 Likes on 77 Posts
S 63 Coupe, GLS 63
Alignment specs vary by individual car due to ride height
Old 03-15-2020, 03:08 PM

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
2015 CLS63, 2020 GLC300 Coupe
Hi

Im in the metro Detroit area as well if you have a good Mercedes Technician in the area please let me know. Taking the car to the dealership out of warranty is rape.

Thanks!

Originally Posted by as22js550
Here are my alignment and specs from the dealer. My car is a 2012 CLS 63 S. It had set of Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires. The front pair were worn to belts on inside inch rest of the tread looked like 70%. From the receipt history I have it looks like the first set of tires suffered the same fate car had 49,500 miles when I got it. Although according to MB the camber was in spec and was not changed, only the toe was adjusted a minor amount. I had a new pair of tires mounted on the front before these measurements, the rears are wearing even. I don't track the car and don't care about perfect contact during high speed cornering, the car has more than enough traction for at least double the recommended speed. I asked them to square up the camber, but of course they would only do what the paper work says.

If anyone knows a shop in the detroit Metro area that can do custom alignments let me know. I don't mind buying rear tires, but no sense in burning fronts.

Old 03-16-2020, 12:09 AM
SPONSOR

Received 145 Likes on 115 Posts
Mercedes-Benz CLK 550
Yes that's right - Dealer, Alignment shops the often quoted, re - assuring "Full '4' Wheel Alignment" is only TOE /Directional adjustment!

It's all to do with cost savings and ever increasing speed of auto assembly lines (new car industries best kept secret).

Owners no longer able to cater for other than showroom height conditions.

Encountered in day to day commuting - high cambered roads, altered height / wheel squat through different loads or vehicle lowering. Fitting wide profile tires, wheels or curb knocks.

We saw the need therefore to re - instate once again full, precise front and rear adjustment - allowing to fix it right the 1st time by ability to adjust tire contact angles. Spread load more evenly. Excess edge load also leading to ruptured side walls, rim damage.

You can purchase offset bolts (for front only) but they are one offset position providing a minimal 0.3 of one degree (1/8") change.

While KMAC kits (also at the same time replace the 4 front and 4 rear highest wearing bushings) provide up to 1.5 degrees Pos. or Neg adjustment.

Front Camber and Caster.

Rear Camber (and extra Toe) are complete with bush extraction tools.

Patented design feature allows single wrench adjustment accurately (under load) - direct on alignment rack.

For Track days - in the pursuit of hitting those corner apexes every time and front row of the grid lap times.

Also manufacture front replacement "Top Strut mounts" - Precisely Camber and Caster adjustable (from engine bay). Providing up to "additional" 3 degrees extra Neg. Camber change.

STAGE 2 (Street/ Race) or STAGE 3 (Full Race).

Another popular kit manufactured is "Uprated bushings for the 6 rear multi-link arms - less twitch, flex loss of traction. Especially when applying power to lane change / overtake.

Front Camber & Caster kit #503116 K $480 (both sides)
Rear Camber & Toe kit #502226 K $480 (both sides)
Front Top Strut Mounts Stage 2 (Street/Race) #502916-2 L $545 (both sides)
Stage 3 (Full Race ) #502916-3 L $545 (both sides)
Rear Uprated bushings #502628 K $480 (both sides)

Delivery $40 one kit, $20 each additional.

Last edited by K-Mac; 03-17-2020 at 02:12 AM.