MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C218 (https://mbworld.org/forums/c218-175/)
-   -   OIL CHANGE : About LIQUI MoLY (https://mbworld.org/forums/c218/744695-oil-change-about-liqui-moly.html)

Terence E ENoh 05-15-2019 03:49 PM

OIL CHANGE : About LIQUI MoLY

Guys,
I am doing an oil change tomorrow. Normally, our car uses Mobil 1 0W-40 but my car tuner suggested Liqui Moly. After some research, it appears that Liqui moly has nothing but good reviews. People have mentioned that their engines stopped knocking, sounded quieter and was properly lubricated. Others also mentioned better gas mileage and wider temperature range.
Is there anything you guys might wanna add or recommend to me?? I will be your guinea pig and try it tomorrow and then follow up with a review because I am sure it will help some people.

6speeddave 05-15-2019 10:14 PM

I just switched to Liquimoly myself and am seeing great results, as I found the same info you did online. Ive always used the Mobil1 also. Give it a shot.

hyperion667 05-16-2019 08:31 AM

I asked my indy shop about this and the guy told me to just stick with Mobil 1 and he wouldn't change.

ta72 05-16-2019 01:08 PM

I would like to know which is better from the two oils? I used mobile 1 for very long time, but heard about this liquimoly. Its currently in my 2006 cls55. Should i switch back to mobile?

mjohn50n 05-16-2019 01:20 PM

You're not going to see any difference in oil these days. I would stick with Mobile 1 or ams-oil.

Terence E ENoh 05-16-2019 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by ta72 (Post 7757006)
I would like to know which is better from the two oils? I used mobile 1 for very long time, but heard about this liquimoly. Its currently in my 2006 cls55. Should i switch back to mobile?

Ever since switching to liquimoly for your cls55, did you notice any difference? was the engine running any smoother? How about in the cold? Did the oil temp rise too quickly or very slowly (thicker oils are resistant to change in temp)?

Terence E ENoh 05-16-2019 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by mjohn50n (Post 7757027)
You're not going to see any difference in oil these days. I would stick with Mobile 1 or ams-oil.

I was thinking of just sticking to mobil 1 too but currently my car has 75k miles, so as it is getting up there in mileage, the more need for more lubrication and protection to preserve the engine more. Liqui moly looks thicker in comparison, so I was leaning towards that as long as it is within the recommended oil density.

Terence E ENoh 05-16-2019 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by hyperion667 (Post 7756794)
I asked my indy shop about this and the guy told me to just stick with Mobil 1 and he wouldn't change.

I hear you. No need to fix what isn't broken. But at the same time I was thinking since my engine is getting to 75K miles, I would need ass much protection as possible to make it last longer so was leaning towards the liquimoly since by comparison, it lubes better.

mjohn50n 05-16-2019 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Terence E ENoh (Post 7757079)
I hear you. No need to fix what isn't broken. But at the same time I was thinking since my engine is getting to 75K miles, I would need ass much protection as possible to make it last longer so was leaning towards the liquimoly since by comparison, it lubes better.

the higher the density the harder the engine has to work. Stick with Mobile 1

hyperion667 05-16-2019 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by mjohn50n (Post 7757112)
the higher the density the harder the engine has to work. Stick with Mobile 1

That was the impression I got from the indy shop owner that I use.......you can see the link in my sig if you'd like; great bunch of dudes!

mjohn50n 05-16-2019 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by hyperion667 (Post 7757155)
That was the impression I got from the indy shop owner that I use.......you can see the link in my sig if you'd like; great bunch of dudes!

Im a long way from there, but good looking out

DockRock69 06-14-2019 01:13 AM

MB master techs often recommend Liqui Moly or Amsoil European Spec as they use the best quality base stock
with API SN certification and more importantly MB 229.5 certification standards. I trust the LM as it is used by the
top German auto manufactures like Porsche, Audi, MB, and BMW as their preferred lube.

Yes, they are made in Germany and have been around for a very long time...

My Independent MB mechanic was given Liqui Moly 5W-40 engine oil and MB approved transmission oil and seemed
impressed with the quality for our 2016 CLS AMG 63S for its early 30K service...

He also likes the Amsoil brand oils for their quality and long service life and very good warranty.

Terence E ENoh 06-14-2019 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by DockRock69 (Post 7778846)
MB master techs often recommend Liqui Moly or Amsoil European Spec as they use the best quality base stock
with API SN certification and more importantly MB 229.5 certification standards. I trust the LM as it is used by the
top German auto manufactures like Porsche, Audi, MB, and BMW as their preferred lube.

Yes, they are made in Germany and have been around for a very long time...

My Independent MB mechanic was given Liqui Moly 5W-40 engine oil and MB approved transmission oil and seemed
impressed with the quality for our 2016 CLS AMG 63S for its early 30K service...

He also likes the Amsoil brand oils for their quality and long service life and very good warranty.

Very good addition and info to this thread. Thanks !

Terence E ENoh 06-14-2019 09:21 AM

Guys! An update to this thread!
Well I ended up going with Liqui Moly and the car has been running smooth. I wouldn't say alot smoother than the Mobil One but definitely smoother. But I will update this thread again once I put a bunch of miles on the car again.

DockRock69 06-14-2019 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by Terence E ENoh (Post 7778993)
Guys! An update to this thread!
Well I ended up going with Liqui Moly and the car has been running smooth. I wouldn't say alot smoother than the Mobil One but definitely smoother. But I will update this thread again once I put a bunch of miles on the car again.

Good choice, I did our (my Son's) CLS 63 S AMG with LM for both the engine and transmission fluids on a early 30K (25K miles) service at our independent local MB master tech...
The engine sounds quieter at idle and the transmission is noticeably smoother shifting...also did a LM fuel injector cleanse and I changed both engine air filters and the cabin air
filter myself to round out the whole package.

Good luck.

DockRock69 06-14-2019 09:23 PM

For those Interested I purchased my MB AMG supplies at a few well known suppliers:

FCP Euro
eEuroparts
Amsoil (oils and fluids)
Pelican Parts (Euro Specific)

Of course some parts can only be purchased at a authorized MB dealership, but a good
source of aftermarket and genuine MB parts can be found at places like partsgeek...