Suspensions/ Ride height issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2019, 11:57 PM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
2012 CLS63 AMG stock (For now)
Unhappy Suspensions/ Ride height issue

Guys,
I think I may be having a suspension/ ride height issue. The back sits lower than the front and when I push the suspension buttons, nothing happens. I must say sometimes when I park the car, I hear a hiss sound from the compressors but not anymore. I am hoping this issue is nothing but a bad fuse. Oh and I don't have any codes. The only thing I see sometimes is when you get in the car and see the error " Please wait- Car is rising" then it goes away. Any suggestions ??
Old 06-25-2019, 01:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 cls63 AMG
Originally Posted by Terence E ENoh
Guys,
I think I may be having a suspension/ ride height issue. The back sits lower than the front and when I push the suspension buttons, nothing happens. I must say sometimes when I park the car, I hear a hiss sound from the compressors but not anymore. I am hoping this issue is nothing but a bad fuse. Oh and I don't have any codes. The only thing I see sometimes is when you get in the car and see the error " Please wait- Car is rising" then it goes away. Any suggestions ??
I would think there’s an issue with your airmatic system. Do you notice the car “sagging” when parked for extended periods of time? Does it sit lower on either side? I had the same issue, where my car would drop in the rear over long periods of time. It dropped slightly lower on the left rear side so I figured it would be a bad air bellow on the left. Replaced the rear left air bellow with an arnott bellow, and the problem has since disappeared. Hope that helps!
The following users liked this post:
Terence E ENoh (06-25-2019)
Old 06-25-2019, 11:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 541 Likes on 359 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
Airmatic issue, probably the pump. With the older models there was a relay that would go bad and burn out your pump, not sure if they fixed that but odds are it’s something to do with the pump.
The following users liked this post:
Terence E ENoh (06-25-2019)
Old 06-25-2019, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by Vancan
I would think there’s an issue with your airmatic system. Do you notice the car “sagging” when parked for extended periods of time? Does it sit lower on either side? I had the same issue, where my car would drop in the rear over long periods of time. It dropped slightly lower on the left rear side so I figured it would be a bad air bellow on the left. Replaced the rear left air bellow with an arnott bellow, and the problem has since disappeared. Hope that helps!
It has just dropped in the back and doesn't rise. It doesn't tilt to any one side more which may suggest leaking on one of the struts. But I'll tell you what at some point i did notice it tilting but not anymore. So maybe what happened was that there was a leak at some point that got the pump running too long too often and eventually the pump gave out and both back wheels are evenly low.
Old 09-21-2019, 11:41 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
CLS 550 (218) C32 AMG (203)
What did you do for the fix? Did you replace the pump?
Old 09-23-2019, 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by EzekielFromDTx
What did you do for the fix? Did you replace the pump?
Update! I bought both rear struts and a compressor by Arnott that cost me about $1200. Labor was just $447. After installation, My ride height is pretty high now and the issue seems resolved..Except that when I change the suspension setting from the car, nothing happens (It stays high). So the issue could be a bad relay or issue with suspension control module. However, I know that my pump by arnott (about $660) came with a relay. I am not sure if the mechanic saw that and installed it but I will check tomorrow and update.