C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

Help! New CLS63 Buyer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-15-2007, 02:11 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 CLS63 AMG, 2008 Cadillac Escalade, 2006 BMW 325i, 2004 BMW 545i, 2004 Cadillac CTS-V
Help! New CLS63 Buyer

I just purchased a CLS63 today, and OMG I am in love all over again. It had 4 miles on it when I took it for the test drive and I hit it a couple of times and was very impressed. I have a couple of questions that I need help with. By reading the extensive experience some of you drivers have (Like Juice), I know I am at the right place?
Topic 1? The sticker on he glass says do not exceed 4500 RPM's or 85 MPH for the first 1000 miles. When I was test driving this car, I did both. Could I have caused any damage? How bad is it if I do it again before 1000 miles?
Topic 2? I read about the Dyno stuff and ECG(or something like that). Should I wait for after 1000 miles before trying these things? Are these temporary things that you do going to the track or are they permanent changes that allow the car to perform better and not hurt it elsewhere?
Topic 3? What do I need to get to boost the performance of the car? I read about chips and green filters. Where do I get these items? Who do I get to install them? What else can I do to help the car's performace?
Okay, Okay, I have asked a lot of questions, but I am like a big kid with a new toy. This is the first car I ever purchased that was not previously owned. Any help to these questions will be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much in advance.
D3
Old 09-15-2007, 02:31 AM

OO7 CLS63///G55TANK ///S80-T6///R1///R6
CONGRATS. Good choice. Post some pics. Im sure juice will answer all your questions soon as he gets home.
Old 09-15-2007, 08:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 RRS ; BMW K1200R; 14 E350 ; 14 RRS on order
Congrats on the car. You'll love it.

The 1000 mile thing is mainly for the transmission. The engine is broken in already. Don't worry about it. Jus drive it like you stole and you'll be much happier in the long run cause you'll seal the engine better and the car will perform better.

As for the performace gain, best thing you can do right away is remove the charcoal filters. See my post below as to how you can remove them. you don't need them:

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...filter+removal

You can also remove your resonator at the local muffler shop for about $100 and replace it with a streight pipe if you want a much nicer deeper sound.

Here a link to before removal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLzEph1nhBg

Here is a link to after removal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_1RLfCHzkU

the videos don't do it justice but it's a lot nicer without

As for ECU. Some people report a good experience with it but I've yet to see a dyno that beats my stock car RWHP with an ECU upgrade so people's opinions will vary, but my opinion is, don't wase your money just yet, save it for when Vadim has a SC for the car.

Also doesn't hurt to buy a sprintbooster for about $200-$300 to increase throttle response. I like mine and rarfinancial just got one and seems to like his.

Good luck and post some pix of your car.
Old 09-15-2007, 10:16 PM

i drive an ///M6
the charcoal filter removal is legitimate.... I did it on my 645 and the results were pretty significant. The G-meter registered 0-60 at a best time of 4.88 before the removal and a best time of 4.70 with a worst time of 4.82 after removal (5 runs). The car definitely feels snappier as well, and my butt dyno also indicates it is more powerful -- not sure how much, but 20hp seems plausible. I read that the hp discrepancy between Euro and US cars is due to tis as well
Old 09-15-2007, 10:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
Cool

Originally Posted by dreid
I just purchased a CLS63 today, and OMG I am in love all over again. It had 4 miles on it when I took it for the test drive and I hit it a couple of times and was very impressed. I have a couple of questions that I need help with. By reading the extensive experience some of you drivers have (Like Juice), I know I am at the right place?
Topic 1? The sticker on he glass says do not exceed 4500 RPM's or 85 MPH for the first 1000 miles. When I was test driving this car, I did both. Could I have caused any damage? How bad is it if I do it again before 1000 miles?
Topic 2? I read about the Dyno stuff and ECG(or something like that). Should I wait for after 1000 miles before trying these things? Are these temporary things that you do going to the track or are they permanent changes that allow the car to perform better and not hurt it elsewhere?
Topic 3? What do I need to get to boost the performance of the car? I read about chips and green filters. Where do I get these items? Who do I get to install them? What else can I do to help the car's performace?
Okay, Okay, I have asked a lot of questions, but I am like a big kid with a new toy. This is the first car I ever purchased that was not previously owned. Any help to these questions will be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much in advance.
D3

Congrats, great choice . You will love this car for its well rounded yet wild behavior,
1. No you really cannot hurt your car. Drive aggressive from day one and the car will be faster.
2. Take the filters out, and drive hard. Maybe an AMG sprint booster and for performance I think weight reduction is best bet.

light wheels.

The trickiest part of the 63 is the transmission , and the adaptive ECU. There is likely a safety on the transmission for at least 1200-1800 miles. Most people seem to get a suprise at this point..

Post some pics and WELCOME
Old 09-15-2007, 11:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63
You'll never get tiered of this car .. As for the sprint booster it's a blast. Makes the car feel as you just added mucho HP . I also have Renntech Headers and ECU tune. No Dyno #'s but car is FASTER .. Also a slight lowering of the car makes it look Fantastic!!! Have fun.
Old 09-16-2007, 04:07 AM
Almost a Member!

2008 CLS63 AMG, 2008 Cadillac Escalade, 2006 BMW 325i, 2004 BMW 545i, 2004 Cadillac CTS-V
Thank you so much this was so helpful. Where can I get more info on the sprint booster?
Old 09-16-2007, 02:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
I would go RennTech ECU + Headers for now. This should put your car around 550 to 560 hp. I've heard very good stuff about RennTech, and know of two people that got AWSOME results (one is very close friend of mine).