C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

The Shocking Truth behind Forged DST....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 05:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Originally Posted by paulfromtulsa
from what i heard jordan design the wheels. matthew at gmp is the one trying to sell the wheels with his company's guarantee. when i asked him who owned the adv company he said that it was some private investors.
Private investors? What is this 007? CIA? Goodness, it's another damn rim company and owners that stand behind their product are known. These days, if I can't look up information on a company I don't do business with them. Address, BBB, owners, something.

I know it's GMP selling them, but if you need service shouldn't ADV be responsible for fixing the rims? Paul, something doesn't sound right JMO.
Old 09-30-2009, 12:20 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CLS63, GLK350
Glad I have the 030 wheels on mine.
Old 09-30-2009, 08:50 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by X-Vert
I'd love to give these guys another chance and see if they can redeem themselves. Mistakes happen, you learn and better from them.

No need to bring up the past, obviously they're still here trying to make things right... and if we happen to hear more negative experiences with them, then you can bring up the past and show how much they DIDN'T improve. m

You make a great point here you go dated 9-23-2009 is this current enough for you?
https://mbworld.org/forums/3731105-post1.html
Old 09-30-2009, 11:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 50 Likes on 40 Posts
E 63S Wagon Renntech, E55 Renntech, SL65, SL 55 030, ML, bunch of old ones--they come, they go...
I am just amazed....

that people continue to trade with them, under any circumstances. Seeing as most people on this forum will call someone out and threaten a suit for selling them a used tire for $20 that has a curb mark, I cannot believe that people, with all this information, continue to patronize them. Yes, they have some nice loking wheels. So do lots of others, with solid reputations for customer service. Having been self employed fo the last 30 years, I know that I certainly couldn't get away with this kind of service and still be in business. yes, I know they claim it was previous management. Most of us in business rarely get but one shot at satisfying a customer.
Caveat emptor I guess.
Old 09-30-2009, 12:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Audi S5
Originally Posted by Full Throttle
You make a great point here you go dated 9-23-2009 is this current enough for you?
https://mbworld.org/forums/3731105-post1.html
Come on now, those wheels were sold over a year ago and he ordered a set for his Ferrari after the fact. I do not have any idea why they are peeling. He says he only uses soap and water. OK. So soap and water ate thru the 2 stage paint job. Perfect! Now lets move on. If he wants the wheels warrantied, then send them in, I will flip them in 5 days in brand new condition. Why is Full Throttle trying to beat this thru everyones head. I have a family to support and a product that I back, whats your problem? Sh*t happens, we could have closed shop after whats his face left, but we didnt. We are still here facing the good with the BAD, believe me there was plenty of bad at one point. The reality of the matter is that there are a lot of Forged Distributing customers out there including Modular Concept customers that are very happy. Is that so far fetched...Let it go man...Let it go...
Old 09-30-2009, 12:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Originally Posted by FORGED DST
Come on now, those wheels were sold over a year ago and he ordered a set for his Ferrari after the fact. I do not have any idea why they are peeling. He says he only uses soap and water. OK. So soap and water ate thru the 2 stage paint job. Perfect! Now lets move on. If he wants the wheels warrantied, then send them in, I will flip them in 5 days in brand new condition. Why is Full Throttle trying to beat this thru everyones head. I have a family to support and a product that I back, whats your problem? Sh*t happens, we could have closed shop after whats his face left, but we didnt. We are still here facing the good with the BAD, believe me there was plenty of bad at one point. The reality of the matter is that there are a lot of Forged Distributing customers out there including Modular Concept customers that are very happy. Is that so far fetched...Let it go man...Let it go...
If you check his sig., Full Throttle is also one of your customers. Might not want to "bash" on him too bad, as such... JMHO.

Nice of you to offer to warranty-repair simonlam's wheels, with a quick turnaround no less - hope he takes you up on it and it's resolved in a mutually amicable fashion. Assuming so, I'm positive you'll continue to repair your brand's tarnished image (no pun intended).
Old 09-30-2009, 12:47 PM

2003 CL55
Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM
If you check his sig., Full Throttle is also one of your customers. Might not want to "bash" on him too bad, as such... JMHO.

Nice of you to offer to warranty-repair simonlam's wheels, with a quick turnaround no less - hope he takes you up on it and it's resolved in a mutually amicable fashion. Assuming so, I'm positive you'll continue to repair your brand's tarnished image (no pun intended).
No he isnt, he bought through COR, the actual wheel manufacture.
Old 09-30-2009, 03:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Youngtimer
The company which is owned by Alain Bandomo has had to change the course that it was on when it was formally known as 360 Forged.
i understand buying the assets of a distressed company, but from a business perspective, why even try to retain any ties to that company when it has such a bad name? all it does is taint the new brand, which this thread just proved. this alain dude should have made an effort to distance his company completely from the old one. the 'shocking truth' to me is he just showed a complete lack of business sense, and his company, whatever it's called now, is going to lose a decent amount of sales from anyone who knows its history. or googles it.

anyway these wheels all cost as much as my whole car so i'm obviously not a customer, my main peeve was with the bolded portion of the quote above. it should say 'formerly'. press releases should be checked for errors, i would think...
Old 09-30-2009, 04:30 PM
Banned

CLS55 AMG
I will flip them in 5 days in brand new condition.
Thats awesome
Old 09-30-2009, 05:09 PM

Audi S5
Originally Posted by Bollywood
No he isnt, he bought through COR, the actual wheel manufacture.
Here our some pictures from todays day of work! Just in case you guys still dont believe that we actually work here. By the way, THIS IS NOT COR, THIS IS THE FORGED DISTRIBUTING FACILITY! We have 8 sets going out today! Thanks for all the well wishes!

Old 09-30-2009, 07:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG(sold), 2009 CL550, 2010 S550 Majestic Black, 2010 ML550, 2006 C230, 2009 Venza
Rims look nice no doubt. I am in the search of new wheels and i would be more than glad to buy a pair from you guys. That is, I would have to receive my wheels FIRST before I put my money on the line. I really wouldn't like to go to jail for shooting someone over a pair of wheels.