C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

Performance Chip

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2014, 10:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55
Performance Chip

I bought my CLS55 a few years ago, it's a very strong runner and I assumed it was stock. Now I think it had a performance chip installed and I didn't know it. Recently I got some hail damage so the car's battery was disconnected while the repairs were being made (one month). Now it appears the performance chip was deactivated and/or everything was set back to original specs. The car just doesn't have the HP feel to it now, is it possible to inadvertently uninstall a performance chip? Or is there some sort of HP change in the car's original settings? If so, is it possible to recover it somehow?
Old 10-28-2014, 07:50 AM

CLS 63 AMG
Not sure if you can recover it since it was most likely software loaded on the ECU. What sounds this sounds like is that your ECU might have been reset to factory specs. Give Eurocharged a call or some other tuners on the forum those guys are a lot more informed on ECU tuning then most of us. worst case scenario it looks like you might have to pay for a retune.
Old 10-28-2014, 09:13 AM

CLS55
I think you're right, I'll give Eurocharged a call. Definitely a big difference! Thanks