C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

Rentech Lowering Module Questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 02:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 CLS55
Rentech Lowering Module Questions

I'm new to the MBWorld and just purchased a 2006 CLS55 about a week ago. It's a super clean car with 50K miles on it and already has some things done to it.

The guy I bought it from told me it has a Rentech lowering module on it but I'm thinking he my have been full of crap. I have seen threads on here (though after searching for the last hour I cannot seem to find them now ) that are comparing different ways to lower the airmatic cars. I could have sworn that the Rentech module was preferred by some because it cancels the automatic lowering at higher speeds so the car won't be too low on the freeway. I was wondering if this is something you can change or adjust on the Rentech module or is it more likely that I've got some lowering links on the height sensors? Any clarification on this would be great!

Here are a couple pictures of my new baby at it's lowest setting. I LOVE THIS CAR!!! I've never driven anything like it!
Attached Thumbnails Rentech Lowering Module Questions-photo.jpg   Rentech Lowering Module Questions-photo-1-.jpg  
Old 02-20-2012, 06:36 PM

1988 BMW M3
congrats on the new car. i've recently just purchased one as well but haven't taken delivery of it.

as for the lowering module, check and see if you have one in the glove compartment

like this
Old 02-20-2012, 06:54 PM

e93 M3, CLS55
That lowering module is the V2. There are also generic versions of it available all over now.. same company that manufacturer it fro Renntech, just doesn't have the Renntech logo or serial number on the black plastic housing.
The main unit doesn't have to be installed in the glove compartment. Theoretically it would only need to be there if one didn't have the remote. Check under the floor of the passenger foot well. The carpet pulls towards the seat to reveal a panel with 4 screws.

I have a remote for mine so I installed mine underneath the actual floor panel where the airmatic control is housed. You can select the unit to raise the car half-way from where it is set when target x speed is reached as well as a second setting that disables the unit to raise it back to stock height.

This is what the remote looks like;

Last edited by bihdjsmms; 02-20-2012 at 06:56 PM.
Old 02-20-2012, 07:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLS63 AMG
Originally Posted by bihdjsmms
That lowering module is the V2. There are also generic versions of it available all over now.. same company that manufacturer it fro Renntech, just doesn't have the Renntech logo or serial number on the black plastic housing.
The main unit doesn't have to be installed in the glove compartment. Theoretically it would only need to be there if one didn't have the remote. Check under the floor of the passenger foot well. The carpet pulls towards the seat to reveal a panel with 4 screws.

I have a remote for mine so I installed mine underneath the actual floor panel where the airmatic control is housed. You can select the unit to raise the car half-way from where it is set when target x speed is reached as well as a second setting that disables the unit to raise it back to stock height.

This is what the remote looks like;

Cool. Does anyone make anything like this for the '12 CLS63?
Old 02-20-2012, 09:39 PM

06 CLS55 AMG
If you can't locate a lowering module (common locations include inside or behind the glove box, underneath the front passenger side foot well, underneath the center console, or behind the radio), and if there are no lowering links (easily visible from underneath the vehicle), it could be that the car was lowered via the STAR diagnostic software...
Old 02-21-2012, 02:30 PM

2006 CLS55
Thank you very much for the quick feedback! I've searched a little for the module but couldn't find it in any easy locations. I'm taking it to a friends shop tonight to look a little harder.

Does the Rentech V1 allow adjustment on dropping the car at certain speeds? I need the car to stay at the lifted height in order to have a decent ride on the freeway. Can I make it do that? If it is the Star software can I make it stop automatically dropping?

Thanks again for the help!
Old 02-21-2012, 03:14 PM

C350
Hi guys, I also have some questions regarding STAR... A cls 55 i'm looking for is lowered via STAR and also on lowering links... and I want to lower it more by adding the Renntech V2.. is it possible.? Or do I have to go back to stock via STAR again and add the V2..?? Also, I don't see the V2 on the Renntech website anymore... I don't wanna go for V1 or V3 cuz I prefer the remote on V2... Most ppl say that Renntech ELMs are the ones that can lower the car to the most lowest setting... is that correct..? Apologies to OP for question bombing on ur thread..
Old 02-21-2012, 03:44 PM

e93 M3, CLS55
Originally Posted by cthumarshall
Hi guys, I also have some questions regarding STAR... A cls 55 i'm looking for is lowered via STAR and also on lowering links... and I want to lower it more by adding the Renntech V2.. is it possible.? Or do I have to go back to stock via STAR again and add the V2..?? Also, I don't see the V2 on the Renntech website anymore... I don't wanna go for V1 or V3 cuz I prefer the remote on V2... Most ppl say that Renntech ELMs are the ones that can lower the car to the most lowest setting... is that correct..? Apologies to OP for question bombing on ur thread..

The "V2" can be found here.. http://loweringmodule.com/index.php/mercedes.html

- or -

contact emoving on the forums.

Its not the Renntech branded item but its identical.

If your looking to use the V2 I would pull everything else out of the car and go from there. The V2 needs to be set to which vehicle you have and then you adjust it from there. I have never slammed my car on the V2 but I cannot imagine actually driving it lower than I have set it before just to see how it looks.

The only negative aspect of the V2 is that it stays on even while the car is off. It drains your battery if you leave you car for long periods without a trickle charger (which I cannot do in my parking garage) I have to disconnect my battery if leaving my car for more than 5-7 days.
Old 02-23-2012, 02:38 PM

2006 CLS55
Well I do have the Renntech V1 under the passenger side carpet. I downloaded the instruction manual and don't see any way to turn off the automatic drop from raised stance but I wanted to ask if anybody knows of any way to turn that off. Whether it's through STAR or the Renntech module. Any help on that would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Old 02-23-2012, 04:19 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
(SOLD) 05 E55 Estate. 11 Golf TDi
Try emailing Renntech?
Old 02-24-2012, 05:57 PM

2006 CLS55
theunderlord, that was a great idea! Didn't think it would be so easy to get in touch with somebody over there. I e-mailed Sven and he got back to me within a few hours. You cannot turn off the automatic lowering. I need to adjust the ride height higher and just can't have the car so low.

Thanks for all the help guys. I'm looking forward to learning more and hopefully helping in the future.

Thanks
Old 02-24-2012, 06:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
(SOLD) 05 E55 Estate. 11 Golf TDi
Excellent, glad they were quick to help you out!
Old 02-26-2012, 10:12 AM

CLS55
I have the V2 and mine does not lower at speeds. Wherever I set the height, it stays until I adjust it again.
Old 02-27-2012, 06:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
ML550
For any new owners thinking about adding a Renntech lowering module to their cars, here's a link to a Renntech ELM DIY install:

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...te-diyers.html
Old 02-27-2012, 04:28 PM

2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by bihdjsmms
The "V2" can be found here.. http://loweringmodule.com/index.php/mercedes.html

- or -

contact emoving on the forums.

Its not the Renntech branded item but its identical.
I thought emoving got banned?