'07 CLS63 Odd Shifting Problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-08-2012, 11:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 Subaru STi
'07 CLS63 Odd Shifting Problem

This has happened a couple times.

1) At one point the car would not shift out of 1st gear while in C or S. When I switched to M and attempted to use the paddles, it still wouldn't shift. I pulled over, shut down the car and restarted it. I could then shift manually and it would do it automatically.

2) At another time, the car was shifting in C S and M but wouldn't go past 4th gear. I again shut the car down and restart it and the shifting problems went away.

Last night I noticed that going from park to drive (while in C) it would engage kinda hard but did shift normally. I think the car was just cold.

To me this sounds like an electrical problem. Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks for your time!
James
Old 12-08-2012, 11:36 AM

2011 Subaru STi
I forgot to mention that I don't have any warning lights and I did just have Service B done about a month ago. This problem came about after having service B done. I have owned this car for about 4 months and haven't experienced this until the latest service.
Old 12-13-2012, 05:14 PM

CLS63 AMG PP, E350 SP
I had this exact same problem in my E class, but one day when I turned it off my problem didn't go away so I had it towed to Mercedes. They said it was the Electric panel on the transmission and that the panel was faulty. They changed it free under my warranty and paid for the tow.