C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

Folding Outside Mirrors on 2006 CLS55 AMG

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-20-2015, 02:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 CLS 55 AMG
Folding Outside Mirrors on 2006 CLS55 AMG

While playing with the control settings on my CLS55 to learn how to manipulate them, I noticed that there is a folding mirror setting that is on that says folding mirrors when locking ( see picture )

I've never seen that happen. Everything else works fine, but the mirrors look like they could fold but never seen it happen.

Anyone got a base CLS55 AMG with this feature that works? Anyone know if that feature could just be on the control settings but not installed on a base model? If it should be working what could be causing mine not to work...

Thanks

Old 05-20-2015, 11:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
CLS 55
From what I recall this is not a factory US option however some have added the mechanical motor and had the car programmed via Star for this to happen. I assume you're not the original owner? I believe the switch that controls the mirrors has a button that allows you to manually fold them as well.
Old 05-21-2015, 06:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 CLS 55 AMG
Yes mine must just contain the multifunction display

Originally Posted by Kevin M.
From what I recall this is not a factory US option however some have added the mechanical motor and had the car programmed via Star for this to happen. I assume you're not the original owner? I believe the switch that controls the mirrors has a button that allows you to manually fold them as well.
Thanks mate,

Believe I did see a picture of an outside rear view mirror switch that looks different than the one in my CLS55 AMG. Mine has a single mirror icon on either end of the switch. The one I saw that's different must be what you are talking about. It has two mirror icons on the left end and another icon (can't remember what it looked like) on the other end.

Must be mine is just not equipped with the hardware and just contains the software in the multifunction display. Shucks!
Old 01-30-2018, 10:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by Kevin M.
Do you know what the process to get that programmed looks like?