C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

Does anyone know anything about this weistec supercharged cls63 in oregon?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2016, 04:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
C55
Does anyone know anything about this weistec supercharged cls63 in oregon?

I'm curious if anyone has seen this floating around the forums or not. Looks like it has had its engine rebuilt for the supercharger. Don't want to drive down and test drive it if its used and abused.

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...21238491&Log=0
Old 03-26-2016, 09:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 105 Likes on 99 Posts
CLS 55 AMG E500 99 ML320
Considering the money it would take to build that car, I'd say it's well cared for and a bargain. Use and abuse is what they are for, as long as it's properly maintained.
Old 03-28-2016, 05:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Audi RS7
Oregon cls63

I will start this message by saying the cls63 in question is no longer for sale and it is no longer for sale because I purchased it about a month and a half ago give or take.... Where will I begin my story?? Lol.
I purchased the car from a guy by the name of Dan Doyle who actually lives in the Washington area and was assured that his vehicle needed nothing besides a wash and a tank of gas. It was advertised to have new tires, fully serviced and a stage 2 weistec fully built supercharged engine..
I put a call in to the guys at weistec and confirmed the work and they vouched for the engine but were unaware of its condition because the work was done almost 2 years ago... I had the cls looked at by a 3rd party that I knew in the area and felt comfortable to complete the purchase and set up shipment to me in New Orleans. After waiting almost 2 weeks for the car to arrive it finally did and his description could not have been further from the truth.. After taking delivery and starting the car for the first time I turned on a/c and noticed a blinking red ac light which indicates a problem.. So I popped the hood and one a/c line was totally disconnected and hanging. Very frustrating but that's not all. The front inside edges of the front tires were completely worn and corded and unsafe to drive on. Next thing I did was wash it and noticed scratches on almost all panels.... Wait that's not all! It also has leaking front airbags that were a nice surprise to discover the next morning. Just thought I would share my horrible experience with a few more people.
Old 12-06-2018, 03:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 CLS 55 AMG twinturbo
Originally Posted by William2
I will start this message by saying the cls63 in question is no longer for sale and it is no longer for sale because I purchased it about a month and a half ago give or take.... Where will I begin my story?? Lol.
I purchased the car from a guy by the name of Dan Doyle who actually lives in the Washington area and was assured that his vehicle needed nothing besides a wash and a tank of gas. It was advertised to have new tires, fully serviced and a stage 2 weistec fully built supercharged engine..
I put a call in to the guys at weistec and confirmed the work and they vouched for the engine but were unaware of its condition because the work was done almost 2 years ago... I had the cls looked at by a 3rd party that I knew in the area and felt comfortable to complete the purchase and set up shipment to me in New Orleans. After waiting almost 2 weeks for the car to arrive it finally did and his description could not have been further from the truth.. After taking delivery and starting the car for the first time I turned on a/c and noticed a blinking red ac light which indicates a problem.. So I popped the hood and one a/c line was totally disconnected and hanging. Very frustrating but that's not all. The front inside edges of the front tires were completely worn and corded and unsafe to drive on. Next thing I did was wash it and noticed scratches on almost all panels.... Wait that's not all! It also has leaking front airbags that were a nice surprise to discover the next morning. Just thought I would share my horrible experience with a few more people.
I just had my CLS 55 AMG twin turbo conversion built by Powerhaus burn to the ground in Paradise, CA (Camp fire)..I'll be looking for another CLS project. How did you like the supercharger setup in the CLS 63?
Old 12-07-2018, 12:57 AM

Audi RS7
Weistec stage3

Car is great. Engine is fully built with the stage 3 supercharger from Weistec. Nothing but good things to say about the car. If you have specific questions I will be glad to help. The shop I work for in Chicago (fall-line motorsports) is a Weistec dealer.
Old 12-07-2018, 11:18 AM

Old 12-07-2018, 11:50 AM

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
fleet
Just wanted to express my sympathy

that looks absolutely bananas, how the fire melted and ate everything in its patch
Old 12-07-2018, 12:51 PM

Audi RS7
Lost cls55

Just to let you know if you need a car mine is possibly for sale. It is worth taking a look at.

William Boada
Fall-Line Motorsport
504-453-5205
Old 12-19-2018, 01:34 AM

I'm waiting to hear if I receive any $$$ out of this insurance payout. My mom/stepdad received $340k from the settlement where my cars were at. $80k of it was for the "detached garage" and $12k personal property (??). I of course asked if any of that payout was for my two cars and two motorcycles and they don't know. The adjuster is now on Christmas break and they aren't even going to call Farmers insurance until next year!! In the meantime....I am in a VA rehabilitation center in Oregon because they are feeding/housing me. FEMA has been no help at all and are completely useless. Almost 14,000 homes burned and rumor is they have 80 trailers but no where to deploy them. News says' there has been 7 billion dollars in insurance claims so far.

Merry Christmas.
Old 01-08-2019, 09:52 AM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
06 CLS55 & 2011 G55
Sorry to hear about your losses! Awful