C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

Car wont turn over.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-07-2016, 10:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55 AMG
Car wont turn over.

OK guys, so went to start my car up after doing some grocery shopping and it hesitated to start then it just shut down. Dosnt even turn over. NADA. I replaced the Crankshaft Position Sensor as i assumed that would be it and STILL NOTHING. Car will turn to position two and all the lights on the dash come on, interior lights and stereo all work. All the batteries are fully charged. Car just wont turn over. The last few weeks when the car gets warm and i shut her off shes hesitant to turn back on but after two starts shes good to go. Any idea on what on earth this could be... stuck starter solinode...?? Bad starter ?? Just trying to hunt this to ground ASAP. thank everyone !.

Last edited by whyask; 10-07-2016 at 05:04 PM.
Old 10-07-2016, 03:42 PM

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts
Mercedes CLS 55 AMG
Originally Posted by whyask
OK guys, so went to start my car up after doing some grocery shopping and it hesitated to start then it just shut down. Dosnt even turn over. NADA. I replaced the Camshaft Position Sensor as i assumed that would be it and STILL NOTHING. Car will turn to position two and all the lights on the dash come on, interior lights and stereo all work. All the batteries are fully charged. Car just wont turn over. The last few weeks when the car gets warm and i shut her off shes hesitant to turn back on but after two starts shes good to go. Any idea on what on earth this could be... stuck starter solinode...?? Bad starter ?? Just trying to hunt this to ground ASAP. thank everyone !.
It's the crankshaft position sensor that prevents a car from starting (when it cranks) when the sensor becomes hot, usually. A completely failed sensor throwing a CURRENT AND STORED error may prevent cranking entirely. Camshaft sensor is up in the front of the engine, crankshaft sits on the bell housing.

You said it's not turning over. Is it cranking at all or intermittently or you turn the key to position 3 and it's silent?
Old 10-07-2016, 04:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55 AMG
Its goes to position 3 and is silent ... nothing at all. yeh ive had the sensor go out before (4 years ago and replaced it but it would still go to position 3 and try to turn over) right now it does nothing at all. After looking at all the symptons leading up to this myself and a few Merc. gurus are thinking its the starter. The car has 178K on it. ( and i ment the crankshaft sensor ..sorry to confuse). check for codes being thrown and nothing.

Last edited by whyask; 10-07-2016 at 04:34 PM.
Old 06-22-2017, 09:36 AM

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts
Mercedes CLS 55 AMG
To renew this thread, my car is now doing the exact same thing. Key position 3 and the car does not turn over at all. No codes, crankshaft sensor is not that old, new fuel pumps (about a year), drive authorization shows fine, battery voltage is fine.

Thoughts on this being a starter? I PM'd the OP to see if that was his issue.