Persistent Pull to the Right

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-06-2017, 07:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'05 Mercedes CLS 320 CDI
Persistent Pull to the Right

Hey, guys.

I have been dealing with this issue where the car would pull to the right consistently and currently I am on the brink of disparity. No matter what I have do, the issue will not remedy.

Things I have done so far that have not made any difference.

1. Changed a bunch of set of wheels;
2. Had the suspension checked, changed steering tack mount bushes, couple of tie rods, lower control arms on both sides and some other bushing.
4. Had the springs and shocks changed to Bilstein B12 kit.
3. Had a couple of suspension alignment, the last one of which you can find attached.

Alignment snapshot

Having mounted the new suspension, I met another problem. Ride height measured differently on each wheel.

Front wheels measured:

Left 655mm
Right 640mm

Had to move the retaining clip on the one sitting at the lowest two notches up so I can get equal ride height at the front. While that had a temporary effect on the suspension, after a few weeks of driving, the right one sagged to its original height and the front end is lopsided again. I had even had all the bushings untied without having the vehicle jacked up in order to have equally tightened bushings thus mitigating the possibility of having the pre-load factor.

I am now reading that height difference may actually cause the pull. What's your thoughts on the matter? I have literally read out everything that could possibly be related to the subject but I am running out of ideas....

Thanks!