C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

Headlight Replacement Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2018, 02:54 PM

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
CLS63 AMG-S
Headlight Replacement Question

Does anyone know if the factory xenon ballast will work in the Hella halogen headlight replacements? Since I already have the xenon ballast in working condition on the car, I really just need the replacement headlight housings. Mine are fogged over and the previous owner had the housings blacked out which I am not a fan of. Thanks for the help!!!!

Old 01-08-2018, 05:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
None
They will not, the Hella are H7 bulbs.
Old 01-09-2018, 02:07 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
CLS 55, Audi A7, Range Rover Sport
Always said that if a company decided to produce our lenses for aftermarket purchase they would make a killing. So many people have had issues with our lenses fogging up, discoloring, etc. I personally think the black housing looks good. As for the lens issue, your best bet is to find a reputable detailer who can wet sand them down and re-clear them.
Old 01-09-2018, 02:56 PM

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts
2006 CLS55
Originally Posted by Flo1989
Always said that if a company decided to produce our lenses for aftermarket purchase they would make a killing. So many people have had issues with our lenses fogging up, discoloring, etc. I personally think the black housing looks good. As for the lens issue, your best bet is to find a reputable detailer who can wet sand them down and re-clear them.
Another alternative is to wet sand / buff them then lay over some 3m or lamin-x film

VR-4, can you post a head on pic of your car as well? I'm curious as to the look of the headlights and grill. Ty!
Old 02-06-2018, 08:31 PM

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
CLS63 AMG-S
Originally Posted by FunkTron
Another alternative is to wet sand / buff them then lay over some 3m or lamin-x film

VR-4, can you post a head on pic of your car as well? I'm curious as to the look of the headlights and grill. Ty!
Sorry for the late response...not many head on shots, but these are about the best 2 shots I have. I ended up sourcing a pair of 2010 CLS headlights from a 53k mile donor car and happy with the results. Weather has been bad, but will get pics up when I can.

The following users liked this post:
kbanks45 (06-29-2019)