C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

2007 CLS 550 air suspension problem, need scanner !

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-07-2018, 12:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 CLS 550 AMG
Angry 2007 CLS 550 air suspension problem, need scanner !

Hello, I have a 2007 CLS 550 AMG that the air suspension has went down. I am wondering, can anyone tell me what scanners are available that can scan all fault codes in this car, not just engine and emissions fault codes ? A generic OBD II scanner if it will scan everything I don't mind spending the bucks for. Or, how about these small model specific blue tooth devices, are any of them any good ?

This problem was first noticed when parking, the air pump continued to run for several minutes after the car was parked and off. Then we would occasionally get the air suspension problem. Now the front appears full down, and, when turning on the key or starting the car, the air pump NEVER runs. I will have the air ride relay tomorrow, I have checked the 40 amp fuse, it's good. Thinking a scanner would be good in case it is a ride height sensor fault or similar electrical electronic problem. Otherwise, if the new relay does not get the pump to run on start up, I would have to begin by replacing the compressor.

Thank you,

John
Old 06-07-2018, 03:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
shopping for 06 cls55
According to this airmatic troubleshooting guide:
http://www.mercedesmedic.com/air-sus...isit-workshop/

You will need an OBD II scanner such as Star Diagnostic or
iCarsoft MB II iCarsoft MB II
to read the fault codes.
Old 06-27-2018, 05:14 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2006 CLS55 AMG IWC
I've had a similar problem. First thing, replace the relay. You can swap relays in the box to check if that's the problem. It's probably the pump if the relay got stuck and continued to run. Locate the pump, remove the wire connector and apply 12 volts to the terminals that had the heavier wires. Polarity doesn't matter, as it's just a motor. If it runs and pumps up the car, which I'm betting it won't, you have a possible wire or connector problem. Or the relay. Many other scenarios, but it's usually the pump and/or relay.