C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

Proud owner of W219 CLS 63 AMG !! (I have some questions)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-15-2018, 09:20 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 CLS 63 AMG
Proud owner of W219 CLS 63 AMG !! (I have some questions)

So after selling my CLK, I was looking at CLS350 and a CLS 55 AMG. I then took a look at a 2008 silver CLS 63 AMG that was in pritine condition, with 120k kilometers. I believe that equates to around mid 70k miles. I had the car checked at a well known MB specializing mechanic, and he gave me the green light, and after a test drive I bought it right that day.

I also have some questions which I'm hoping to get help on:

1) When the gear shifts from 1st --> 2nd, there is a "jerk" that I cannot feel on other gears. Is this normal? And if it is not normal, what can be the main issue(s)?
2) The stock audio comes with an AUX jack inside the glove box. I want to install a bluetooth receiver so that I can pair my phone and listen to music. Are there any well-known models or brands that people use? After doing a search on Google, it seems like there is a clear audio difference between a "regular" bluetooth car receiver versus something that has APT-X technology in it. Is there really a sound quality difference?
3) Are there any "well-known" problems other than the air suspension that I should check for?

Thanks,
JC
Old 07-17-2018, 01:35 AM

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
2011 CL63 AMG (Current) 2005 CLS55 AMG (Current) 2004 C32 AMG (Sold)
CLS55 owner here, so cannot comment on the gear shift query.

Regarding the Bluetooth setup, I have never tried this apt-x technology, I just have regular al-cheapo adaptor an I am happy with the sound quality. As long as your original MP3 format songs are of decent quality then I don't see why they shouldn't be good enough.

The Cls63 motor has a known head bolt issue, I would investigate that one first and see if it's been done.

Cheers for now and enjoy the beauty you have there. Congratulations