C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

Looking at 12 CLS 63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2019, 04:39 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CLS 63
Looking at 12 CLS 63

I just totaled my 2015 Mustang GT. I have owned 3 Mustangs over the past decade. I like them because they are a good bang for the $! I drive about 20k miles a year so I depreciate my DD fairly fast which is why I tend to buy cheaper cars although I can afford a little more. I had owned 2 Mercedes in the past which was an E350 and E500 that I really liked for what they were, my wife's DD. I have always admired CL class Mercedes but never considered them due to the above. I am at an age that driving a Mustang looks like the total mid age crisis douche that I don't want to be grouped into. But a brand new Mustang GT would be $35k and 0% for 6y. I found a CLS 63 AMG locally with 20k miles for $45k. So, it will be an extra $10k in purchase price, plus an extra $5k over the loan life in interest. Then if I want an after market warranty the used Mercedes dealer quoted around $1500/yr. So, over 5 years it looks like it will cost at least another $22k. I can justify the higher end car for the extra $15k, but getting past that it is a 8 year old car without warranty makes me hesitate. I have read that maintenance and repairs are very costly. I typically work on my Mustangs myself for minor repairs and all maintenance. I wouldn't consider doing that with the Benz. What can I realistically expect this car to cost me over the next 5 years, 100k miles given the current age and mileage. I know this is all theoretical, but hopefully I can get an educated estimate using first hand experiences here. TIA for any input!
Old 05-16-2019, 09:03 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CLS 63
Mods please delete. I re-posted in the correct W218 section.