Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

Need your thoughts on wheel clear coat problem

Old 04-16-2008, 08:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 E350
Need your thoughts on wheel clear coat problem

I apologize if I missed any previous threads on this topic - I did several searches prior to posting. I have a 2006 E350 with the AMG appearance package. We bought the car Certified Pre-Owned from a dealership in Maryland July, 2007 (we are in Ky). My husband took my car in for the first service since we bought it and pointed out that there were places on one of the wheels (AMG) where the clear coat appeared to have come off. The service guy told him that the wheels must have been painted & that they could fix the issue for $90-100. I think this is garbage since I don't think the wheels look at all like they've been painted - they just look like the finish is coming off in a few places - otherwise, they look perfect! I also personally seriously doubt the wheels have been painted since the car was a lease vehicle, leased brand new for one year, but I could be wrong of course.

I have to take the car back to have the center speaker replaced (it blew last week ). When I take the car in , I would like to address the wheel issue.

-Could any of you tell me if you are aware of this being a recurring issue?
-Is there any way I can tell if the wheel has, indeed, been painted?
-Any other inisght you could give me to the issue?

Thank you guys so much for any help you can give me!
Jennifer LaRue

Last edited by laruex3; 04-16-2008 at 08:42 PM. Reason: omitted word