Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

falken wear?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-24-2007, 03:52 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2001 c320 - 2002 ml55 - 2011 c300 - 2014 slk350 - 2015 cla45
falken wear?

anyone have any abnormal wear out issues with falkens?

purchased a new pair to put on (my c320) as my rears a few months back....

had them on my car for approx 3 months and put approx 3-4k miles on them with 85% of the miles were hi-way miles..... and they went bald!!!!!

didnt notice anything until i was driving in a down pour of rain and my car was fish tailing. took the car immediately to the shop where i purchased the tires and they told me my tires where bald and that i needed to purchase a new pair.

so i purchased a new pair. they told me that they would contact falken to see if they would credit me for the new pair or give me some kind of deal becasue the tires wore out so fast...

well, i just recieved a call from the tire shop and they states that falken wouldnt do anything.... basically accused me a peeling/burning out in my "mega horse power" esp equipped c320....

kinda pissed because i spent 400 bucks 2 times....

anyone think id could personally call falken and argue my case?

anyone else have abnormal wear issues with falken?

-thanks
charles
Old 12-25-2007, 12:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BENZ
Well if you bought the Azenis tires i think thats a pretty reasonable amount of time for the tires to wear out... I'm actually on them right now... Wat tires were you using?... Well just know if your treadwear is real low then thats why they wore so fast... And becuss of your driving habits... Something right around 300 is about average... The azenis are 200...
Old 01-14-2008, 07:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
05 E55t, 07 R63, 04 Mini R53 (SOLD):01 s4 avant st3, 06 q7
which falken are you using...

I have fk452 for about 8ooo miles now on a w211 e55. mega-power car. and i drive hard... it still have alot of tread left.
Old 01-14-2008, 08:15 PM
Administrator

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
I'm confused. How can one have tires, look at them, and then need someone else tell them they are bald? What constitute acceptable tires in that person's mind? What was the wear like; inside, outside?
Old 01-25-2008, 12:56 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
e63 p30 estate
post is worthless w/o exact tire model. i've run both the 512s and the 912s (as well as many many sets of the old 215 Azenis). The 912s show almost no wear after 10K tho they were feathering after i un-installed a set of TEIN coil overs.

this, of course, is on a light, puny car w/ only 140hp. still...
Old 01-31-2008, 09:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2008 Black Out C350 Saks Edition / 87 VW GTI
Originally Posted by CharlesCarino
anyone have any abnormal wear out issues with falkens?

purchased a new pair to put on (my c320) as my rears a few months back....

had them on my car for approx 3 months and put approx 3-4k miles on them with 85% of the miles were hi-way miles..... and they went bald!!!!!

didnt notice anything until i was driving in a down pour of rain and my car was fish tailing. took the car immediately to the shop where i purchased the tires and they told me my tires where bald and that i needed to purchase a new pair.

so i purchased a new pair. they told me that they would contact falken to see if they would credit me for the new pair or give me some kind of deal becasue the tires wore out so fast...

well, i just recieved a call from the tire shop and they states that falken wouldnt do anything.... basically accused me a peeling/burning out in my "mega horse power" esp equipped c320....

kinda pissed because i spent 400 bucks 2 times....

anyone think id could personally call falken and argue my case?

anyone else have abnormal wear issues with falken?

-thanks
charles
I run a set close to 35k mls on my G35